Design Project: Bianchi Exhibit: Would love to hear your input!

oliviapaden

Jan 28, 2010
Hello- My name is Olivia and I'm currently a student at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA.. I'm currently working on a design project for an exhibit specific to Bianchi. Right now, I'm in the researching phase, trying to figure out why people ride Bianchi and what makes them different, at a deeper level. I'm definitely no expert on bikes, but would love to learn more from anyone in the forum so I can have a better understanding of the company throughout the design process.

If any of you have the time, would you be able to answer some of the questions below? I'd love to have your input! Thanks
smile.gif

1.Why, specifically, do you ride Bianchi bicycles? How does the brand make you feel?

2.What features/technology/etc. make make Bianchi bikes different from the other cycling companies?

3.About how much did you pay for your bike? Special features?

4.How would you describe your mindset when riding?

5.If you were to choose one Bianchi bike to be a showcase in an exhibit, for example, what would be your choice and for what reasons?

6. Where do you usually enjoy riding? What kind of bike(s) do you ride?

(if you like, it would be great to get your name, age and city, just for the sake of understanding the kind of demographics that ride Bianchi! if you'd rather not, that's ok too!)

Again, thank you so much for your time and expertise!

In short (the Cliff Notes version), Bianchi manufactures a range of products, but in the road cycling world, it's a company with over 100 years' history of building bicycles. The majority of the bikes made are actually low-mid quality, mass market bikes. But then there is the Reparto Corsa facility, which builds the high end range of frames for consumers and frames for the sponsored pros. These Celeste colored bikes have been ridden to some of the grandest victories by some of the greats of the cycling world: Coppi, Gimondi, Argentin, Pantani, Ullrich, Bugno, Cipollini, amongst others.

Personally, I had a mid level Bianchi road frame years ago and it was....forgettable.

PS: Great school you're at.

Tech72 said:
In short (the Cliff Notes version), Bianchi manufactures a range of products, but in the road cycling world, it's a company with over 100 years' history of building bicycles. The majority of the bikes made are actually low-mid quality, mass market bikes. But then there is the Reparto Corsa facility, which builds the high end range of frames for consumers and frames for the sponsored pros. These Celeste colored bikes have been ridden to some of the grandest victories by some of the greats of the cycling world: Coppi, Gimondi, Argentin, Pantani, Ullrich, Bugno, Cipollini, amongst others.

Personally, I had a mid level Bianchi road frame years ago and it was....forgettable.

PS: Great school you're at.

Good overview that.

5.If you were to choose one Bianchi bike to be a showcase in an exhibit, for example, what would be your choice and for what reasons?
The Bianchi Coppi won his world championship on in 1953 (?). Coppi was probably just past his peak, but it was supposedly an awesome ride. The man is a God in Italy. The sport has had some great eras, but that win occured during what was probably THE Golden Age of the sport.

If I had to pick a second/third/fourth choices, Bianchi's ridden by Gimondi, Moreno Argentin (loved the black chrome head tube and forks) and Bugno would be on the list.

oliviapaden said:
Hello- My name is Olivia and I'm currently a student at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA.. I'm currently working on a design project for an exhibit specific to Bianchi. Right now, I'm in the researching phase, trying to figure out why people ride Bianchi and what makes them different, at a deeper level. I'm definitely no expert on bikes, but would love to learn more from anyone in the forum so I can have a better understanding of the company throughout the design process.

If you want to know more about the company, www.bianchi.com or www.bianchi.it would be your best bet to learn more about the company itself and what goes into making the bikes.

If any of you have the time, would you be able to answer some of the questions below? I'd love to have your input! Thanks

1.Why, specifically, do you ride Bianchi bicycles? How does the brand make you feel? I started riding a Bianchi because i got a good deal from a friend who runs a bike shop. After my first ride of the bike, i loved it. How it looks is amazing compared to alot of other plain bikes out there and the reaction you get from other people. I guess its like driving a ferrari, people notice it.

2.What features/technology/etc. make make Bianchi bikes different from the other cycling companies? Nothing really makes them different from most of the bike companies out there. Each company does research, and the running gear on most bikes are pretty much the same, either campagnolo, shimano or sram.

3.About how much did you pay for your bike? Special features?
I paid $4000aud for my bianchi. Its a 928 C2C running campagnolo Veloce running gear. Over time will upgrade the running gear and wheels, but is doing me pretty well for now until i get back from holidays in europe :)

4.How would you describe your mindset when riding?
Usually just concentrating on riding and making sure im working my ass off to get better.

Well this all depends if you are talking about a modern Bianchi or one from anytime in history. If its a modern one, i guess you cant go past the HoC range.
From History, well im sure everyone would have other opinions, but would be hard to top Fausto Coppi's 1949 bike, as he won the Giro De Italia, Tour De France & the World Championship in the Pursuit race.

6. Where do you usually enjoy riding? What kind of bike(s) do you ride?
I pretty much ride anywhere i can ride, alot of the roads around my area arent that good for riding on thanks to the amount of traffic and small lanes. S will usually drive until i get to a freeway or something.
I ride a Bianchi C2C carbon veloce.

(if you like, it would be great to get your name, age and city, just for the sake of understanding the kind of demographics that ride Bianchi! if you'd rather not, that's ok too!)
Wayne
Sydney Australia
[email protected] if you need to find out any more info.
And you defintely have to send me some photos of your finished project :)

Again, thank you so much for your time and expertise!

Answers in blue above