desperate comeback

Chipotle

Sep 8, 2005
I have a two hour somewhat flat mountain bike race coming up on the 4th of November. I have been healthy for one week now following a month of back to back illnesses (Flu /URI stuff) I tried to train at a low intensity through most of it and toward the end 'participated' in some C priority cross races whilst on the antibiotics. My results were poor. I'm now back to a level of riding hard and my lungs feel normal and my legs no longer hurt on L2 rides.
My question: What should I be doing for my comeback? I'll give myself a 7 day taper, so I've got 5 days. What do you think?

Chipotle said:
I have a two hour somewhat flat mountain bike race coming up on the 4th of November. I have been healthy for one week now following a month of back to back illnesses (Flu /URI stuff) I tried to train at a low intensity through most of it and toward the end 'participated' in some C priority cross races whilst on the antibiotics. My results were poor. I'm now back to a level of riding hard and my lungs feel normal and my legs no longer hurt on L2 rides.
My question: What should I be doing for my comeback? I'll give myself a 7 day taper, so I've got 5 days. What do you think?
Well your fitness is mostly shot so I'd do 4-5 days a week of L4 intervals-TT pace or so up until 2 days before the event- then rest and so what you can.

Chipotle said:

I seriously doubt you need a 7-day taper. Couple of easy days, tops before the race.

ric