Detailed acounts of triathlons

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Dave Hallsworth, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. I'm a semi-decent 5k/10k runner, ex-county level swimmer, and, due to a
    tibial stress fracture, have recently bought myself a bike and am loving
    riding it! My initial aim is a sprint-tri, but the stress fracture (now
    pain-free after 14 weeks) and lack of swim-fitness means that this probably
    won't happen until early next year.

    Just to fuel my appetite for what's to come, are there any decent accounts
    on the net of 'how to prepare for a triathlon'. By this, I mean sort of 'I
    got there and went straight to T1, where I left x, y and z in this order,
    then I went to T2 and left this and that, etc..... After the race began, p,
    q and r happened'. I'm really after the 'practicalities' of doing a tri.

    Cheers all,
    Dave (a regular lurker)

    Tags:

  2. Harold Buck

    Harold Buck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Dave Hallsworth" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm a semi-decent 5k/10k runner, ex-county level swimmer, and, due to a
    > tibial stress fracture, have recently bought myself a bike and am loving
    > riding it! My initial aim is a sprint-tri, but the stress fracture (now
    > pain-free after 14 weeks) and lack of swim-fitness means that this probably
    > won't happen until early next year.
    >
    > Just to fuel my appetite for what's to come, are there any decent accounts
    > on the net of 'how to prepare for a triathlon'. By this, I mean sort of 'I
    > got there and went straight to T1, where I left x, y and z in this order,
    > then I went to T2 and left this and that, etc..... After the race began, p,
    > q and r happened'. I'm really after the 'practicalities' of doing a tri.

    I've posted two long ones in the past:

    http://tinyurl.com/6xv78

    and

    http://tinyurl.com/4m8qo

    If you're interested in the followup, click on the link on the side for
    "complete thread."

    --Harold Buck

    "I used to rock and roll all night,
    and party every day.