Detailed drawings of Nexus 7sp. hub internals?

Konstantin Shemyak

Guest
Is there a place where I can look at detailed pictures of the
internal gear hubs? In particular, Shimano Nexus 7sp, but any
other is of interest as well. Pdfs on shimano.com do not reveal
the core, the planetary mechanism, just showing it as a block.
(Probably they mean that it is not user-serviceable.)

I know how the planetary transmission works in general, but
want to see how it is implemented in a real product, especially
how the cable pulls either one or the other satellite ring (are
there two of them?). The reason for such interest is that my Nexus
hub shifts somewhat sloppy, with nasty clicking sometimes, and
I want to know possible reasons.

TIA,

Konstantin.

Konstantin Shemyak <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Is there a place where I can look at detailed pictures of the
> internal gear hubs? In particular, Shimano Nexus 7sp, but any
> other is of interest as well. Pdfs on shimano.com do not reveal
> the core, the planetary mechanism, just showing it as a block.
> (Probably they mean that it is not user-serviceable.)
>
> I know how the planetary transmission works in general, but
> want to see how it is implemented in a real product, especially
> how the cable pulls either one or the other satellite ring (are
> there two of them?). The reason for such interest is that my Nexus
> hub shifts somewhat sloppy, with nasty clicking sometimes, and
> I want to know possible reasons.
>
> TIA,
>
> Konstantin.

tread with fear my friend - Ive been in there and its messy. google my
other posts in bike groups for details.

First thing to check is that the red dots line up in the tiny plastic
window when in 4th gear. The window is between the sprocket and gear
cable on the topside of the hub.

Mail me (omit the NOJUNKSPAM) if you need more details.