Detecting a Named Anchor in the URL

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Cletus Lee, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    If a user or URL passes a page to ColdFusion with a Named
    Anchor (I.e. /testx.cfm?id=123#anchor) the displayed page is
    automatically scrolled to the correct position.

    How can I detect this in Coldfusion? If I do a dump of the
    CGI variable, the Named anchor part does not show up.

    I would like to do some background processing before the
    user gets the page and the value of the named anchor is
    critical to the pre-load work to be done.

    Cletus D. Lee http://www.clee.org
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

    Tags:

  2. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I think if you change it from a 12-27 cassette to an 11-32 cassete, that
    will clear up most of your problems:))

    "Cletus Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If a user or URL passes a page to ColdFusion with a Named
    > Anchor (I.e.
    /testx.cfm?id=123#anchor)
    > the displayed page is automatically scrolled to the
    > correct position.
    >
    > How can I detect this in Coldfusion? If I do a dump of the
    > CGI variable,
    the Named anchor part
    > does not show up.
    >
    > I would like to do some background processing before the
    > user gets the
    page and the value of the
    > named anchor is critical to the pre-load work to be done.

    > Cletus D. Lee http://www.clee.org
    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > If a user or URL passes a page to ColdFusion with a Named
    > Anchor (I.e. /testx.cfm?id=123#anchor) the displayed page
    > is automatically scrolled to the correct position.
    >
    > How can I detect this in Coldfusion? If I do a dump of the
    > CGI variable, the Named anchor part does not show up.
    >
    > I would like to do some background processing before the
    > user gets the page and the value of the named anchor is
    > critical to the pre-load work to be done.

    1. It's the motor.
    2. It's the motor.
    3. It's the motor.

    :)
    Jeff

  4. Perry B

    Perry B Guest

    Cletus,

    If you learn to use Loctite you will not lose your
    Named anchor!

    Enjoy,

    Perry B

    Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > If a user or URL passes a page to ColdFusion with a Named
    > Anchor (I.e. /testx.cfm?id=123#anchor) the displayed page
    > is automatically scrolled to the correct position.
    >
    > How can I detect this in Coldfusion? If I do a dump of the
    > CGI variable, the Named anchor part does not show up.
    >
    > I would like to do some background processing before the
    > user gets the page and the value of the named anchor is
    > critical to the pre-load work to be done.
    >

    > --

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Perry B wrote:

    > Cletus,
    >
    > If you learn to use Loctite you will not lose your
    > Named anchor!
    >
    > Enjoy,
    >
    > Perry B

    And if needs to be really secure, JB Weld.

  6. Harv

    Harv Guest

    Are we talking about the duke of url?
    "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Perry B wrote:
    >
    > > Cletus,
    > >
    > > If you learn to use Loctite you will not lose your Named
    > > anchor!
    > >
    > > Enjoy,
    > >
    > > Perry B
    >
    > And if needs to be really secure, JB Weld.
    >
    > Tom Sherman - Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

  7. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    harv wrote:

    > Are we talking about the duke of url?

    Harv,

    That is terrible. Your punishment is to ride an Imperial
    century on an upright bicycle.

  8. > If a user or URL passes a page to ColdFusion with a
    > Named Anchor
    > (I.e. /testx.cfm?id=123#anchor) the displayed page is
    > automatically scrolled to the correct position.
    >
    > How can I detect this in Coldfusion?

    You need two aluminum-doped palladium electrodes in an
    electrolyte bath of heavy water, a source of direct-current
    electricity, and a neutron detector.

  9. Slush

    Slush Guest

    If you know Javascript, inside the form tag use
    onclick=javascript_function(). Define the javascript in the
    <script> </script> tags. You can use any name for the
    javascript function, but remenber to always return true or
    the page will not post. This will run before the page posts.
    Be forwarned, overuse will give you recumbent butt.

    "Cletus Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If a user or URL passes a page to ColdFusion with a Named
    > Anchor (I.e.
    /testx.cfm?id=123#anchor)
    > the displayed page is automatically scrolled to the
    > correct position.
    >
    > How can I detect this in Coldfusion? If I do a dump of the
    > CGI variable,
    the Named anchor part