Deutschland-Tour 2007

padawan said:
Voigt will be hard to beat now. :D
Btw. someone should explain the commentators how to correctly pronounce the name Voigt. For starters, the 'V' is a 'hard' consonant, more like an 'F'. Then the 'i' is silent, it indicates a long 'o' vowel. So, it's more like 'Fo-gt'.

German has very few 'silent' letters, but in names, 'oi', 'oe' and 'oc' often indicate a long 'o'. Voigt is one example. Another example is the name Papenbrock, where the 'c' indicates a long 'o', not a short 'o' and hard 'k'.

ETA: and since I'm at it, Hushovd is pronounced Hus...hovd, there's no English 'sh' sound in there. In Norwegian, the 'sh' sound is produced by the letter combination 'sj' or 'skj'. The 'u' resembles mostly a French 'u' (or German umlaut "u).

Could someone please, please tell Phil&Paul.

/rant

Cobblestones said:
Btw. someone should explain the commentators how to correctly pronounce the name Voigt. For starters, the 'V' is a 'hard' consonant, more like an 'F'. Then the 'i' is silent, it indicates a long 'o' vowel. So, it's more like 'Fo-gt'.

German has very few 'silent' letters, but in names, 'oi', 'oe' and 'oc' often indicate a long 'o'. Voigt is one example. Another example is the name Papenbrock, where the 'c' indicates a long 'o', not a short 'o' and hard 'k'.

ETA: and since I'm at it, Hushovd is pronounced Hus...hovd, there's no English 'sh' sound in there. The 'u' resembles mostly a French 'u' (or German umlaut "u).

Could someone please, please tell Phil&Paul.

/rant
Correct but you should hear how French or Dutch commentators pronounce Voigt...:D

That looks (or looked) a very nice climb!
It seems they suffered a lot between -3 and -2 km to the top.
What time they did this year?

Too low a dosage of T.

Teenage athletes use 20 times that level.

JoshuaBoy said:
more info:
2006 Tour of Slovenia winner Nose disqualified
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/aug07/aug14news2

picture of his TUE
10091010708131208470-13-15-4-1.jpg

and back to Deutschland Tour - today's stage was :eek::eek::eek: