Deutschland Tour



whiteboytrash

New Member
Mar 9, 2005
5,402
0
0
In the studio on EuroSport during the Tour.... Matt White dropped in as well... dressed like a punk....

bobke said:
Where the hell has Roger Hammond been?
He sure has been keeping a low profile.
 

bobke

New Member
Oct 3, 2004
2,134
1
0
whiteboytrash said:
In the studio on EuroSport during the Tour.... Matt White dropped in as well... dressed like a punk....
cause he is a punk...but a hardass bike rider
 

JRMDC

New Member
Apr 26, 2005
731
0
0
Zabel second AGAIN! This time to Graeme Brown, who also won stage 4. Zabel's placings: 3rd (stage 1), 4th (stage 2, 1st in the field sprint shortly after the break of 3), 2nd (stage 3), 3rd (stage 4), 2nd (stage 8). So he wins the points jersey, and also wore yellow for one day.

Voigt wins, Leipheimer 2nd, Kashechkin 3rd, Gusev 4th and the white jersey, Sebastial Lang the climbers jersey (in a tiebreaker with Kashechkin).
 

jonjungel

New Member
Jan 8, 2006
186
0
0
45
bobke said:
Voigt is a phenomenal TT ist, always has been.
Thats doesnt bother me.
His staying with Levi in the high mountains bothers me. I think its ridiculous.
Quote from team-csc.com:

"It's a good race for me. There are many of the Tour de France riders, who didn't do this one, and I am able to manage those seven or eight-kilometer climbs with lots of will power and motivation. It's much worse in the races, where we have to climb 30 kilometers or so," said Voigt.
 

Capisce

New Member
Oct 7, 2005
50
0
0
Another second place for Zabel today. Can't this this guy catch a break? Has he won anything this year? I seem to vaguely remember one or two victories, but with all those second places it seems hard to imagine he's done anything else this year. Anybody got any numbers? How many seconds and thirds? Do you know of a website that keeps track of this? (Too lazy to find out myself)
 

bobke

New Member
Oct 3, 2004
2,134
1
0
jonjungel said:
Quote from team-csc.com:

"It's a good race for me. There are many of the Tour de France riders, who didn't do this one, and I am able to manage those seven or eight-kilometer climbs with lots of will power and motivation. It's much worse in the races, where we have to climb 30 kilometers or so," said Voigt.
Fair enough, but he did feel the need to explain, eh?
 

bobke

New Member
Oct 3, 2004
2,134
1
0
Capisce said:
Another second place for Zabel today. Can't this this guy catch a break? Has he won anything this year? I seem to vaguely remember one or two victories, but with all those second places it seems hard to imagine he's done anything else this year. Anybody got any numbers? How many seconds and thirds? Do you know of a website that keeps track of this? (Too lazy to find out myself)
And who was shaking their finger and wagging at Brownie after the finish.
Man, Brownie caught an earful.
 

portia

New Member
Jun 14, 2005
81
0
0
Jens Voigt was gorgeous, he fought his way to the top. Zabel simply doesn´t realize "It´s over." I feel sorry for him because he seems to be unable "to let go".
 

JRMDC

New Member
Apr 26, 2005
731
0
0
portia said:
Jens Voigt was gorgeous, he fought his way to the top. Zabel simply doesn´t realize "It´s over." I feel sorry for him because he seems to be unable "to let go".
Finishes of 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, is not a sign of "over." Stop comparing Zabel 2006 to Zabel 2001. He is still an excellent sprinter, no longer in the elite. But he demolished Napolitano (2nd, 168th, 9th, 10th, 3rd). Even Brown was 72nd, 151st, 43rd, 1st, 1st. I'm sure Zabel would prefer to have had a win or two, but he is still a competitive rider, one who in this case easily picked up a points jersey in an important second-tier stage race.

He has no need to "let go" until he stops putting up siginificant results. The notion that a rider should retire the moment he steps off the pinnacle is absurd.

And all the press mentions of the "eternal second" means lots of press for Milram. :)

It certainly is odd, though, that he just never has the oomph or the luck to turn one of these many, many seconds into a first.

I personally admire the consistency in results just as much as the occasional flash of victory. And that is why they give points jerseys.
 

cyclingheroes

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
3,463
0
0
portia said:
Jens Voigt was gorgeous, he fought his way to the top. Zabel simply doesn´t realize "It´s over." I feel sorry for him because he seems to be unable "to let go".
If it's over with lots of second and third places i propose that we make a new rule: only one rider is allowed to start at every race...:D

Can't people understand that Zabel is having fun? Zabels role after Fuentes is very important in Germany. He gave lots of greats interviews and brought (together with Voigt) the spectators back to the race.

I am glad he is still riding. And by the way, it's not even 1 year ago that he won his last classic (Paris-Tours).
 

weremichael

New Member
Jul 14, 2004
25
0
0
bobke said:
Voigt is a phenomenal TT ist, always has been. Thats doesnt bother me. His staying with Levi in the high mountains bothers me. I think its ridiculous.

They're all doping, get over it. Love the sport despite its faults or don't watch it. Being bitter and bothered is a natural reaction to having your eyes opened to professional athletes taking PEDs. It sucks but it is just part of the game.

Voigt deserved the win, period. He has been such a great domestique and classics rider for so long, why can't you be happy that he finally won his native country's tour??

I wish we would just get mentally past the whole doping thing and realize that even if they dope these guys are the most incredible athletes in the world. I for one am stoked for Jens and hope he enjoys a good party after suffering through all that apple juice

Voigt fans of the world it is time to party!!!


Michael
 

Capisce

New Member
Oct 7, 2005
50
0
0
Voigt is my new hero, love his style and he's big like me! Shows that I can't give up on my climbing just yet:) Must be great being such a positive guy all the time, not worrying or dwelling over things. Viel gluck Jens!
 

JRMDC

New Member
Apr 26, 2005
731
0
0
weremichael said:
Voigt deserved the win, period. He has been such a great domestique and classics rider for so long, why can't you be happy that he finally won his native country's tour??l
What classics has he ridden well in? I think of him as a stage race rider, two wins in the Criterium Internationale, one in the Mediterranean Tour. And the Bayern Rundfahrt.
 

bobke

New Member
Oct 3, 2004
2,134
1
0
weremichael said:
They're all doping, get over it. Love the sport despite its faults or don't watch it. Being bitter and bothered is a natural reaction to having your eyes opened to professional athletes taking PEDs. It sucks but it is just part of the game.

Voigt deserved the win, period. He has been such a great domestique and classics rider for so long, why can't you be happy that he finally won his native country's tour??

I wish we would just get mentally past the whole doping thing and realize that even if they dope these guys are the most incredible athletes in the world. I for one am stoked for Jens and hope he enjoys a good party after suffering through all that apple juice

Voigt fans of the world it is time to party!!!


Michael

I guess thats a not so subtle dig at Landis, eh?
I mean apple juice instead of being juiced or drinking Jack Daniels
 

cyclingheroes

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
3,463
0
0
JRMDC said:
What classics has he ridden well in? I think of him as a stage race rider, two wins in the Criterium Internationale, one in the Mediterranean Tour. And the Bayern Rundfahrt.
For instance: second in Liège-Bastogbne-Liège 2005 (Vinokourov won). Long solo at Fleche Wallonne 2005, caught a few kilometer for the finish. This year he wasn't allowed to peak at the classics, he had to focus on helping Basso at the Giro and the TdF...
 

JRMDC

New Member
Apr 26, 2005
731
0
0
cyclingheroes said:
For instance: second in Liège-Bastogbne-Liège 2005 (Vinokourov won). Long solo at Fleche Wallonne 2005, caught a few kilometer for the finish. This year he wasn't allowed to peak at the classics, he had to focus on helping Basso at the Giro and the TdF...
Fair enough, thanks for the reminder. His greatest successes have come in stage races, however. So I don't think of him as a classics rider.

Extreme example: I don't think of LA as a classics rider, either, although in his post cancer era he had successes loosely similar to those of Voigt (two 2nds in Amstel).
 

cyclingheroes

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
3,463
0
0
JRMDC said:
Fair enough, thanks for the reminder. His greatest successes have come in stage races, however. So I don't think of him as a classics rider.

Extreme example: I don't think of LA as a classics rider, either, although in his post cancer era he had successes loosely similar to those of Voigt (two 2nds in Amstel).
Agreed, most of his important wins are smaller stage races (7 - 10 days).
 

JRMDC

New Member
Apr 26, 2005
731
0
0
JRMDC said:
Fair enough, thanks for the reminder. His greatest successes have come in stage races, however. So I don't think of him as a classics rider.

Extreme example: I don't think of LA as a classics rider, either, although in his post cancer era he had successes loosely similar to those of Voigt (two 2nds in Amstel).
Maybe I shouldn't think of Hincapie as a classics rider, either! His greatest successes have also come in stage races for the most part (1 TdF stage, 2 Dauphine stages, maybe 1 Dauphine 2nd place?, TdF TTT, 4 Days of Depanne). But we know where his heart is, the results may or may not follow...
 

weremichael

New Member
Jul 14, 2004
25
0
0
hombredesubaru said:
I guess thats a not so subtle dig at Landis, eh?
I mean apple juice instead of being juiced or drinking Jack Daniels
Jens does seem to be quite the funny guy.
 

JensCph

New Member
Jul 9, 2005
67
0
0
cyclingheroes said:
By the way... where is Riis? He went away for a couple of days during the TdF and after the TdF i didn't see him anymore (at the Deutschland-Tour Kim Andersen was the CSC DS).
He was/is moving from Italy to Switzerland with his wife and kids. I honestly dont blame the guy for taking a few weeks off to do that, especially after being away for a month. He has always been super-shy about his private life anyway.