Devils playground, Tasmania

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by phrankus, Dec 11, 2004.

  1. phrankus

    phrankus New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2004
    I'm heading down for the xmas track carnies on friday after riding some of gold coast six days, is there anyone on here who's a traickie down there who could tell me times when silver dome is open to train on as i'm living with my cousin in launie for the 1st week, and times and info on caffeine culture rides and other training rides?
    thanks
    frank

    Tags:

  2. fred_kneeman

    fred_kneeman Guest

    phrankus wrote:

    > I'm heading down for the xmas track carnies on friday after riding some
    > of gold coast six days, is there anyone on here who's a traickie down
    > there who could tell me times when silver dome is open to train on as
    > i'm living with my cousin in launie for the 1st week, and times and
    > info on caffeine culture rides and other training rides?
    > thanks
    > frank

    Thays only 3 LBSes in Hobbitown, and there are some coffee shops. And
    most of thos trendy coffee shops only do fluffy milk to add to instant
    coffee powder, we dunno about about eckpresso or that stuff. Some
    carnies do the Hobart Regatta (heh heh Regatta De Blanc, The Police with
    Sting, and "Do they know it's Christmas Time?" 1985), maybe 27 January
    but the two-headed freak and the bearded lady are members of the
    Legislative Assembly so we don't talk about them unless they vote on
    woodchips or that stuff. We got some good trak syclists but sum of them
    injek vetinery whore-moans, so they disqualified. But Ricky Ponting is
    the Prime Minister of the Australian Commonwealth Games team with Thorpy
    or something, even tho he's from Launceston. Bob Brown, hes our
    senitr, umm senutr, umm senutar or whatever, but he opens a can of
    whup-ass, or whup-arse (heh, heh! I said whup-arse!) about clean and
    green Tassie. Or [sic] somefink.

    xxx (sort of)
    fnakap

  3. fred_nieman

    fred_nieman Guest

    fred_kneeman wrote:
    > phrankus wrote:
    >
    >> I'm heading down for the xmas track carnies on friday after riding some

    <sensible stuff>
    >> thanks
    >> frank

    <silly stuff>

    I can't belive I wrote all that crap. Was that the night of the work
    Christmas party?

    > xxx (sort of)
    > fnakap

  4. rayner

    rayner New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2003
    I might be too late but anyway..Im from devonport in tassie. I'm not really sure about what youd be alowed to do so close to christmas but you can book the silverdome for about 4 bucks an hour at most times during the year, dont even need a group there. Go to tas.cycling.org.au and go to the 25th of september addition in news and updates for launceston club racing and training. Cant help you with group rides and stuff though. Any idea what mark you'll have?

  5. fred_kneeman

    fred_kneeman Guest

    fred_nieman wrote:
    > fred_kneeman wrote:
    >
    >> phrankus wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm heading down for the xmas track carnies on friday after riding some

    > <sensible stuff>
    >
    >>> thanks
    >>> frank
    >>>

    > <silly stuff>
    >
    > I can't belive I wrote all that crap. Was that the night of the work
    > Christmas party?
    >

    >> xxx (sort of)
    >> fnakap

    Yes, it was.
    "Don't post angry" also means "Don't post-Christmas Party".