devinci silverstone der hanger

d^2

Guest
i have been searching around for a 2002(03?) devinci silverstone
derailleur hanger. i got hit by a car commuting to work and bent the
thing, and though it's still in one piece, i had to bend it back and so
it's probably not too long till it breaks.

googling for "devinci rear hanger" and "devinci derailleur hanger" and
similar queries isn't turning much up. anyone have a recommendation?
besides buy a new frame (haha)?

"d^2" <[email protected]> wrote:

>i have been searching around for a 2002(03?) devinci silverstone
>derailleur hanger. i got hit by a car commuting to work and bent the
>thing, and though it's still in one piece, i had to bend it back and so
>it's probably not too long till it breaks.
>
>googling for "devinci rear hanger" and "devinci derailleur hanger" and
>similar queries isn't turning much up. anyone have a recommendation?
>besides buy a new frame (haha)?

Try DAvinci

i think i'll stick with the bikes, not the painter! ;)

(you did get me to double check my spelling, though!)

Neil Brooks wrote:
> "d^2" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>i have been searching around for a 2002(03?) devinci silverstone
>>derailleur hanger. i got hit by a car commuting to work and bent the
>>thing, and though it's still in one piece, i had to bend it back and so
>>it's probably not too long till it breaks.
>>
>>googling for "devinci rear hanger" and "devinci derailleur hanger" and
>>similar queries isn't turning much up. anyone have a recommendation?
>>besides buy a new frame (haha)?

> Try DAvinci

Neil... umm, nevermind.

I suggest sending DEVINCI an e-mail:
[email protected]

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

"d^2" <[email protected]> wrote:

>i think i'll stick with the bikes, not the painter! ;)
>
>(you did get me to double check my spelling, though!)

My mistake. Sorry...

d^2 at [email protected] wrote on 3/28/05 11:17 AM:

> i have been searching around for a 2002(03?) devinci silverstone
> derailleur hanger. i got hit by a car commuting to work and bent the
> thing, and though it's still in one piece, i had to bend it back and so
> it's probably not too long till it breaks.
>
> googling for "devinci rear hanger" and "devinci derailleur hanger" and
> similar queries isn't turning much up. anyone have a recommendation?
> besides buy a new frame (haha)?

There's this place:

http://www.derailleurhanger.com/

but, no Devinci's listed - but it may be similar to others or:

http://www.derailleurhanger.com/idontseemybike.htm

(And, I imagine you've checked that frame carefully for further
damage/alignment issues after getting car tapped...)

--

CycloFiend

to reply directly, replace the dashes to create the name above

heh, this is a good idea, and i am embarassed to say i didn't think of
it (i was looking for shops only). i sent them an email, but i have
since gotten a warning that the message hasn't been delivered yet.
hopefully it will get through before it expires in 5 days!

on the devinci website, there is a locate dealer page. it shows a
bunch of states where there are supposedly devinci dealers. almost
none of the states indicated then list a dealer if you click on them,
though! maybe a new frame IS a good idea.

i found a diagram that says my der hanger is type MFD205. a quick
google search doesn't turn this up, and the derailleurhanger.com site
doesn't list by model number. there's a picture on this site:

http://www.devinci.com/image/gabarit/rr1.pdf

i looked on sheldonbrown's website and saw a bunch of pics of der
hangers, but i don't think i'm discerning enough to pick it out by
picture. can anyone point me to a store that sells this kind of
hanger? this same diagram says this frame is made in the USA by Worth.