Dewalt charger for bike lighting NiMH battery pack.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Marc Savage, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Marc Savage

    Marc Savage Guest

    Hi there, I was wondering if a Dewalt 9107 would be suitable to charge a 13.2v NiMH battery pack? Is
    the negative delta V sensor in the 9107 sensitive enough to recognise a voltage drop in NiMH packs?
    Is anyone out there using a DeWalt charger with their NiMH battery packs?

    Thanks

    Marc Savage

    Tags:

  2. Marc Savage wrote:
    > Hi there, I was wondering if a Dewalt 9107 would be suitable to charge a 13.2v NiMH battery pack?
    > Is the negative delta V sensor in the 9107 sensitive enough to recognise a voltage drop in NiMH
    > packs? Is anyone out there using a DeWalt charger with their NiMH battery packs?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Marc Savage

    I don't know about the Dewalt but I use a MAHA C777PLUS-II charger for my
    14.4 V NiMH pack. Most of the time a full charge is detected via negative Delta V but every now and
    then it is detected with the Delta T ( temperature). Maybe 10%. I'm pretty sure this has more to
    do with battery chemistry than which charger we use. A very informative Forum for this is the
    "Bikecurrent" mailing list. Check out http://www.topica.com/lists/bikecurrent/read

    --
    Perre

  3. B.C. Cletta

    B.C. Cletta Guest

    [email protected] (Marc Savage) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi there, I was wondering if a Dewalt 9107 would be suitable to charge a 13.2v NiMH battery pack?
    > Is the negative delta V sensor in the 9107 sensitive enough to recognise a voltage drop in NiMH
    > packs? Is anyone out there using a DeWalt charger with their NiMH battery packs?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Marc Savage

    i've used my DeWalt to recharge NiMH. the problem is if you attempt to recharge a full BP. it
    can't sense the dV of a full NiMH BP. i forget the gory details. i ignored this figuring i was
    smart enough to know if the BP was partially discharged or full. what changed my mind was a brief
    power outage that reset everything in the house. this is fairly easy to address but for about 30-
    USD more, you can get a MAHA 777Plus and be done with it.