Dewalt charger for bike lighting NiMH battery pack.

Marc Savage

Guest
Hi there, I was wondering if a Dewalt 9107 would be suitable to charge a 13.2v NiMH battery pack? Is
the negative delta V sensor in the 9107 sensitive enough to recognise a voltage drop in NiMH packs?
Is anyone out there using a DeWalt charger with their NiMH battery packs?

Thanks

Marc Savage

Marc Savage wrote:
> Hi there, I was wondering if a Dewalt 9107 would be suitable to charge a 13.2v NiMH battery pack?
> Is the negative delta V sensor in the 9107 sensitive enough to recognise a voltage drop in NiMH
> packs? Is anyone out there using a DeWalt charger with their NiMH battery packs?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marc Savage

I don't know about the Dewalt but I use a MAHA C777PLUS-II charger for my
14.4 V NiMH pack. Most of the time a full charge is detected via negative Delta V but every now and
then it is detected with the Delta T ( temperature). Maybe 10%. I'm pretty sure this has more to
do with battery chemistry than which charger we use. A very informative Forum for this is the
"Bikecurrent" mailing list. Check out http://www.topica.com/lists/bikecurrent/read

--
Perre

[email protected] (Marc Savage) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi there, I was wondering if a Dewalt 9107 would be suitable to charge a 13.2v NiMH battery pack?
> Is the negative delta V sensor in the 9107 sensitive enough to recognise a voltage drop in NiMH
> packs? Is anyone out there using a DeWalt charger with their NiMH battery packs?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marc Savage

i've used my DeWalt to recharge NiMH. the problem is if you attempt to recharge a full BP. it
can't sense the dV of a full NiMH BP. i forget the gory details. i ignored this figuring i was
smart enough to know if the BP was partially discharged or full. what changed my mind was a brief
power outage that reset everything in the house. this is fairly easy to address but for about 30-
USD more, you can get a MAHA 777Plus and be done with it.