DH Video

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ride-A-Lot, Dec 7, 2004.

  1. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Tags:

  2. arlo

    arlo Guest

    Ride-A-Lot <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:eek:[email protected]:

    > Looks like they OTB on the same rocks everytime.

    Yeah, they had a real hard time with that section. Some of that looks like
    it hurt!

  3. R Hace

    R Hace Guest

    "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >> Pretty cool. Nuttin but crashes.
    >>
    >> Looks like they OTB on the same rocks everytime.
    >>
    >> http://www.kmtb.com/bbs/data/kmtb_videos/4529usopen_crash3.wmv

    > The same one rock... someone may want to put a tranny there... just for
    > insurance purposes at least...
    > --
    > Phil, Squid-in-Training

    And they should also put training wheels, seat belts, and wheelie bars on
    all motorcycles! :^)

  4. GeeDubb

    GeeDubb Guest

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  6. justen

    justen Guest

    Slacker <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:09:20 -0500, Ride-A-Lot
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Pretty cool. Nuttin but crashes.
    >> Looks like they OTB on the same rocks everytime.
    >> http://www.kmtb.com/bbs/data/kmtb_videos/4529usopen_crash3.wmv

    > hehehehe... I think we can safely say, that "line" to the right, aint the
    > right one :p

    You mean the line through the tree? ;-) I liked the people who
    endoed when they caught their front wheel on the log right after
    the big rock near the beginning in the center of the trail. I
    watched those in slow-mo. I wonder if more compression damping
    may have helped avoid some of those endoes. The shocks
    are bottoming out and the riders pitching forward after the drop,
    and then they hit the log -- weight forward with no travel left.

    I'm guessing that section is much steeper than it looks on
    video, too.

    justen

  7. scott

    scott Guest

    "justen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I wonder if more compression damping
    > may have helped avoid some of those endoes. The shocks
    > are bottoming out and the riders pitching forward after the drop,
    > and then they hit the log -- weight forward with no travel left.
    >
    > I'm guessing that section is much steeper than it looks on
    > video, too.
    >
    > justen

    I bet the Sherman Slider Plus forks with SPV cranked up would have been way
    less prone to dumping them OTB.