DH Video

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Pretty cool. Nuttin but crashes.
>>
>> Looks like they OTB on the same rocks everytime.
>>
>> http://www.kmtb.com/bbs/data/kmtb_videos/4529usopen_crash3.wmv

> The same one rock... someone may want to put a tranny there... just for
> insurance purposes at least...
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

And they should also put training wheels, seat belts, and wheelie bars on
all motorcycles! :^)

Slacker <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:09:20 -0500, Ride-A-Lot
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Pretty cool. Nuttin but crashes.
>> Looks like they OTB on the same rocks everytime.
>> http://www.kmtb.com/bbs/data/kmtb_videos/4529usopen_crash3.wmv

> hehehehe... I think we can safely say, that "line" to the right, aint the
> right one :p

You mean the line through the tree? ;-) I liked the people who
endoed when they caught their front wheel on the log right after
the big rock near the beginning in the center of the trail. I
watched those in slow-mo. I wonder if more compression damping
may have helped avoid some of those endoes. The shocks
are bottoming out and the riders pitching forward after the drop,
and then they hit the log -- weight forward with no travel left.

I'm guessing that section is much steeper than it looks on
video, too.

justen

"justen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I wonder if more compression damping
> may have helped avoid some of those endoes. The shocks
> are bottoming out and the riders pitching forward after the drop,
> and then they hit the log -- weight forward with no travel left.
>
> I'm guessing that section is much steeper than it looks on
> video, too.
>
> justen

I bet the Sherman Slider Plus forks with SPV cranked up would have been way
less prone to dumping them OTB.