Di Luca given two-year suspension

Discussion in 'Doping in Cycling' started by steve, Feb 2, 2010.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Some good news ;)

Link: Di Luca Given Two-year Suspension For Giro CERA Doping | Cyclingnews.com

Tags:

2. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Funny how European cyclists rarely get slagged off on here for doping.

Zirbel's positive for stuff that was in another product generated more response than a top Euro guy shooting Cera into his veins...

... but then again, it's what I'd expect from this place. Zirbel isn't European. Rassmuchicken comes from a kinda sorta "we just joined the EU a decade or so" country so he falls into this category too, a syringe was found within 700 meters of Lance's hotel room on the Tour and we get threads that go on for years, but probably the best Italian cyclist in a while takes the unholly of holliest drugs and nothing.

Fcuking hypocrites. :p

3. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

You only get traffic if a fanboy attempts to defend their hero.
    No one here attempted to defend DiLuca.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

4. burninglegs

burninglegs New Member

Please give a definition for slagged off. I have no idea what that means and I can't reply until I know exactly what your post means.
    DiLuca, Valverde, Schumacher all should get suspensions if the proof is absolute. I find it interesting that the countries within Europe can't agree on suspensions.
    The world wide ban on Valverde was voted down, but Italy's two year ban stands. I find it sad that these riders try to get by on technical arguments which might have originally been used to deflect the 2004 or 2005 testing of samples from the 1999 TDF for CERA.

5. jamie72

jamie72 New Member

Rasmussen didn't actually fail a drug test... And poor old Di Luca was only trying to help the Italian earthquake victims. Give the guy a damn break...

6. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Slagging off means, pouring scorn on someone/insulting someone/condemning them.

7. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Top 10 threads in this subforum and not all start with fanboi-ism nor do they contain fanboi-ism. The Zirbel thread I mentioned doesn't - it doesn't even contain the name of the product that contained the DHEA yet it got more traffic.

Thread
    Replies

Poll: Do you think lance is doping? yes or no

**** Breaking News: Hamilton Tested Positive?

Armstrong has been tinkered with!!

Armstrong used EPO in 99?

My experince with drugs and blood doping

why is just armstrong accused of doping?

Any words on Tyler's test results?

Tyler Innocent?

Is it true Lance Armstrong was cheating? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Armstrong produced 30 more watts in 2005 than 1999

Pretty much all the top-talkin' threads seem to have one common theme - Americans. Schummaker, DiLuca, Rebellin... huge names in the sport but the threads - a few posts at the most. The top Tyler thread got a couple of pages in before the fanboism started - that's more than those thread Euro riders got combined...

... just sayin.

Lets pour another bucket of hypocracy.

8. jamie72

jamie72 New Member

^^^ Could it be that these threads are posted, and subscribed to mainly by Americans? If so then there's your answer....;)