Di Luca given two-year suspension

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Some good news ;)

cyclingnews.com said:
Danilo Di Luca has been suspended for two years by the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI). He tested positive for the EPO derivative CERA at the 2009 Giro d'Italia.

The rider announced he will contest the decision. “We will turn to the Court of Appeal for Sport,” he said, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport. “I am confident even though the fight isn't over. But I will not be saying farewell to racing. I still have a lot to give. I am convinced I will be able to return before the two years are up.”

Under the decision, announced Monday afternoon, the former LPR Brakes rider must pay a fine of 280,000 Euro and costs of 2,040 Euro.

Link: Di Luca Given Two-year Suspension For Giro CERA Doping | Cyclingnews.com

Funny how European cyclists rarely get slagged off on here for doping.

Zirbel's positive for stuff that was in another product generated more response than a top Euro guy shooting Cera into his veins...

... but then again, it's what I'd expect from this place. Zirbel isn't European. Rassmuchicken comes from a kinda sorta "we just joined the EU a decade or so" country so he falls into this category too, a syringe was found within 700 meters of Lance's hotel room on the Tour and we get threads that go on for years, but probably the best Italian cyclist in a while takes the unholly of holliest drugs and nothing.

Fcuking hypocrites. :p

swampy1970 said:
Funny how European cyclists rarely get slagged off on here for doping.

Zirbel's positive for stuff that was in another product generated more response than a top Euro guy shooting Cera into his veins...

... but then again, it's what I'd expect from this place. Zirbel isn't European. Rassmuchicken comes from a kinda sorta "we just joined the EU a decade or so" country so he falls into this category too, a syringe was found within 700 meters of Lance's hotel room on the Tour and we get threads that go on for years, but probably the best Italian cyclist in a while takes the unholly of holliest drugs and nothing.

Fcuking hypocrites. :p

You only get traffic if a fanboy attempts to defend their hero.
No one here attempted to defend DiLuca.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Please give a definition for slagged off. I have no idea what that means and I can't reply until I know exactly what your post means.
DiLuca, Valverde, Schumacher all should get suspensions if the proof is absolute. I find it interesting that the countries within Europe can't agree on suspensions.
The world wide ban on Valverde was voted down, but Italy's two year ban stands. I find it sad that these riders try to get by on technical arguments which might have originally been used to deflect the 2004 or 2005 testing of samples from the 1999 TDF for CERA.

Rasmussen didn't actually fail a drug test... And poor old Di Luca was only trying to help the Italian earthquake victims. Give the guy a damn break...

limerickman said:
You only get traffic if a fanboy attempts to defend their hero.
No one here attempted to defend DiLuca.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Top 10 threads in this subforum and not all start with fanboi-ism nor do they contain fanboi-ism. The Zirbel thread I mentioned doesn't - it doesn't even contain the name of the product that contained the DHEA yet it got more traffic.

Thread
Replies

Poll: Do you think lance is doping? yes or no

**** Breaking News: Hamilton Tested Positive?

Armstrong has been tinkered with!!

Armstrong used EPO in 99?

My experince with drugs and blood doping

why is just armstrong accused of doping?

Any words on Tyler's test results?

Tyler Innocent?

Is it true Lance Armstrong was cheating? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Armstrong produced 30 more watts in 2005 than 1999

Pretty much all the top-talkin' threads seem to have one common theme - Americans. Schummaker, DiLuca, Rebellin... huge names in the sport but the threads - a few posts at the most. The top Tyler thread got a couple of pages in before the fanboism started - that's more than those thread Euro riders got combined...

... just sayin.

Lets pour another bucket of hypocracy.

^^^ Could it be that these threads are posted, and subscribed to mainly by Americans? If so then there's your answer....;)