Dia-Log.com - free online logbook

M

Mike

I just wanted to invite everyone to visit www.dia-log.com. This is a free online diabetes management
website. Enjoy!

On 29 Feb 2004 18:26:52 -0800, [email protected] (Mike) wrote:

>I just wanted to invite everyone to visit www.dia-log.com. This is a free online diabetes
>management website. Enjoy!

Why does one have to sign up for a freebe? Just what information are you collecting and better yet
who are you giving this information to?

FREE ME ASS!!!!!!

Move along now SPAMMER, nothing to see here!

rb

On 29 Feb 2004 18:26:52 -0800, [email protected] (Mike)
wrote:

>I just wanted to invite everyone to visit www.dia-log.com. This is a free online diabetes
>management website. Enjoy!

Registrant: Mike Boeselager W67 N882 Washington Avenue Cedarburg, WI 53012 US

Domain Name: DIA-LOG.COM

Administrative Contact: Mike Boeselager W67 N882 Washington Avenue Cedarburg, WI 53012 US 262 376-
0336 [email protected]

Complaints-To: [email protected]

Diagnosed 20/03/03 Type II D&E + Metformin + Gliclazide
+ Asprin 210lbs at Dx to BMI 166lbs achieved. To mail: aspen at freeuk.com

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:34:06 -0600, RB <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 29 Feb 2004 18:26:52 -0800, [email protected] (Mike) wrote:
>
>>I just wanted to invite everyone to visit www.dia-log.com. This is a free online diabetes
>>management website. Enjoy!
>
>Why does one have to sign up for a freebe? Just what information are you collecting and better yet
>who are you giving this information to?
>
>FREE ME ASS!!!!!!
>
> Move along now SPAMMER, nothing to see here!
>
>rb

We do get a little paranoid here at times.

Actually, the site seems to have some interesting info, particularly if you're american and eat fast
foods (there's a carb counter for all the chains, useless here), and I didn't see any advertising.

I logged in as user "dilog", password dilog, email [email protected] if you want to check it out
safely. It let me in without hassle, and let me view without problems when I rejected cookies.

At least whoever designed it seems to have some knowledge of diabetes.

The log-book system may be useful to some; I couldn't care less if someone is harvesting the info
from that, particularly if it is used to research the disease.

So, unless someone can show that there's some ulterior motive, I personally feel that labelling this
post as spam is a little harsh at this stage.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:00:55 +1100, Alan
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:34:06 -0600, RB <[email protected]> wrote:
>>On 29 Feb 2004 18:26:52 -0800, [email protected] (Mike) wrote:
>>>I just wanted to invite everyone to visit www.dia-log.com. This is a free online diabetes
>>>management website. Enjoy!

>>Why does one have to sign up for a freebe? Just what information are you collecting and better yet
>>who are you giving this information to? FREE ME ASS!!!!!! Move along now SPAMMER, nothing to see
>>here! rb

>We do get a little paranoid here at times.

I wouldn't say paranoia - perhaps over protective. with good reason.

>Actually, the site seems to have some interesting info, particularly if you're american and eat
>fast foods (there's a carb counter for all the chains, useless here), and I didn't see any
>advertising.

There is no direct advertising, the function is not to make money out of adlinks

>I logged in as user "dilog", password dilog, email [email protected] if you want to check it out
>safely. It let me in without hassle, and let me view without problems when I rejected cookies.

It will do because it has been constructed that way. The intent is to allow data input for all who
want to use it without restriction. Hence the validity of your email was not checked. Why? Read on.

>At least whoever designed it seems to have some knowledge of diabetes.

And the desire to acquire more but in data form.

>The log-book system may be useful to some; I couldn't care less if someone is harvesting the info
>from that, particularly if it is used to research the disease.

Information like this entered into a publicly accessible facillity ought to be secured. It
is not. Why?

>So, unless someone can show that there's some ulterior motive, I personally feel that labelling
>this post as spam is a little harsh at this stage.

Your overly liberal views will lead you into bother occasionally :))

>Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.dia-log.com.

Disclaimer: Dia-log.com is intented for information purposes only.

*** and is not responsible for any uses of entered or supplied information.*** Please seek advice
from your health care provider before using this site or adjusting any insulin doses.

*** Dia-log.com is not responsible for any information obtained or read from the site.*** Clicking
Save, indicates you've read and agreed to this statement.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now you ask yourself why would anyone go to all the bother of putting up a fairly good and
functional web site and registering a domain and the set up etc? Not for the fun of
it. Perhaps public spirited generosity and a desire to selflessly help others? Bollocks!! Not in the
US. Read on
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.businessnorth.com/viewarticle.asp?articleid=713 Another graduate is Mike Boeselager,
surgical services business manager at Miller-Dwan Medical Center. After finishing the two-year
Duluth program, he pursued a bachelor's degree in supervisory management at Concordia College in St.
Paul, taught in the accelerated model.

He and his 16 classmates finished in 16 months. The two-year program was well done, but the cohort
program definitely would been a benefit, he said.

With the cohort, there are smaller groups and deeper interaction. You really share a lot and get to
know each others’ businessess, Boeselager said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Boeselager, surgical services business manager at Miller-Dwan Medical Center................

Well done Mike............
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/software.php

Mike Boeselager created his Dia-Log on the web for entering blood sugars, insulin doses, and foods
by hand. Has some nice custom reports. Price: 30 days free, then $19.95/year.
http://www.geometry.net/detail/basic_d/diabetes_&_diet_page_no_2.html

Mike Boeselager created his Dia-Log on the web for entering blood sugars, insulin doses, and foods
by hand. Has some nice custom reports. Price: 30 days free, then $19.95/year.

AND there you have it..............................a small side line to supplement?? Whatever.

IMO the post was a clear device to get people to use the site. Why? It is insecure and there is a
disclaimer which you agree to in effect freely providing data. Data which in volume and under
certain criterion can be resold.

I am bored with this now..................

Though not SPAM in the same sense as the **** brady etc.....the desire to acquire profit from
others medical conditions is unequivically there for all to see. IMO that is unwanted in this type
of NG. The facillity is not new, not completely free, gathers data for profit and denies
responsibility and afford no security for your personal information. [Your Property] This bloke is
a Business Manager at a Medical Facility and as such IMO see's patients as fee paying customers -
punters. $$$$$$$$ on the hoof.

My POV

YMMV

Pete

Intersting.

Mike wrote:
> I just wanted to invite everyone to visit www.dia-log.com. This is a free online diabetes
> management website. Enjoy!

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:46:13 +0000, Pete <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:00:55 +1100, Alan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:34:06 -0600, RB <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>On 29 Feb 2004 18:26:52 -0800, [email protected] (Mike) wrote:
>>>>I just wanted to invite everyone to visit www.dia-log.com. This is a free online diabetes
>>>>management website. Enjoy!
>
>>>Why does one have to sign up for a freebe? Just what information are you collecting and better
>>>yet who are you giving this information to? FREE ME ASS!!!!!! Move along now SPAMMER, nothing to
>>>see here! rb
>
>>We do get a little paranoid here at times.
>
>I wouldn't say paranoia - perhaps over protective. with good reason.
>
>>Actually, the site seems to have some interesting info, particularly if you're american and eat
>>fast foods (there's a carb counter for all the chains, useless here), and I didn't see any
>>advertising.
>
>There is no direct advertising, the function is not to make money out of adlinks
>
>>I logged in as user "dilog", password dilog, email [email protected] if you want to check it out
>>safely. It let me in without hassle, and let me view without problems when I rejected cookies.
>
>It will do because it has been constructed that way. The intent is to allow data input for all who
>want to use it without restriction. Hence the validity of your email was not checked. Why? Read on.
>
>>At least whoever designed it seems to have some knowledge of diabetes.
>
>And the desire to acquire more but in data form.
>
>>The log-book system may be useful to some; I couldn't care less if someone is harvesting the info
>>from that, particularly if it is used to research the disease.
>
>Information like this entered into a publicly accessible facillity ought to be secured. It is
>not. Why?
>
>>So, unless someone can show that there's some ulterior motive, I personally feel that labelling
>>this post as spam is a little harsh at this stage.
>
>Your overly liberal views will lead you into bother occasionally :))
>
>>Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>www.dia-log.com.
>
>Disclaimer: Dia-log.com is intented for information purposes only.
>
>*** and is not responsible for any uses of entered or supplied information.*** Please seek advice
>from your health care provider before using this site or adjusting any insulin doses.
>
>*** Dia-log.com is not responsible for any information obtained or read from the site.*** Clicking
>Save, indicates you've read and agreed to this statement.
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Now you ask yourself why would anyone go to all the bother of putting up a fairly good and
>functional web site and registering a domain and the set up etc? Not for the fun of
>it. Perhaps public spirited generosity and a desire to selflessly help others? Bollocks!! Not in
> the US. Read on
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>http://www.businessnorth.com/viewarticle.asp?articleid=713 Another graduate is Mike Boeselager,
>surgical services business manager at Miller-Dwan Medical Center. After finishing the two-year
>Duluth program, he pursued a bachelor's degree in supervisory management at Concordia College in
>St. Paul, taught in the accelerated model.
>
>He and his 16 classmates finished in 16 months. The two-year program was well done, but the cohort
>program definitely would been a benefit, he said.
>
>With the cohort, there are smaller groups and deeper interaction. You really share a lot and get to
>know each others’ businessess, Boeselager said.
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Mike Boeselager, surgical services business manager at Miller-Dwan Medical Center................
>
>Well done Mike............
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/software.php
>
>Mike Boeselager created his Dia-Log on the web for entering blood sugars, insulin doses, and foods
>by hand. Has some nice custom reports. Price: 30 days free, then $19.95/year.
>http://www.geometry.net/detail/basic_d/diabetes_&_diet_page_no_2.html
>
>Mike Boeselager created his Dia-Log on the web for entering blood sugars, insulin doses, and foods
>by hand. Has some nice custom reports. Price: 30 days free, then $19.95/year.
>
>AND there you have it..............................a small side line to supplement?? Whatever.
>
>IMO the post was a clear device to get people to use the site. Why? It is insecure and there is a
>disclaimer which you agree to in effect freely providing data. Data which in volume and under
>certain criterion can be resold.
>
>I am bored with this now..................
>
>Though not SPAM in the same sense as the **** brady etc.....the desire to acquire profit from
>others medical conditions is unequivically there for all to see. IMO that is unwanted in this type
>of NG. The facillity is not new, not completely free, gathers data for profit and denies
>responsibility and afford no security for your personal information. [Your Property] This bloke is
>a Business Manager at a Medical Facility and as such IMO see's patients as fee paying customers -
>punters. $$$$$$$$ on the hoof.
>
>My POV
>
>YMMV
>
>Pete
>
>Diagnosed 20/03/03 Type II D&E + Metformin + Gliclazide
>+ Asprin 210lbs at Dx to BMI 166lbs achieved. To mail: aspen at freeuk.com

Hi Pete

Thanks for all the research. Educate me - how did you do all that?

I must admit, I didn't see the hook.

I suppose there is SPAM - herbal supplements, snake oil, bulk mail etc, and"spam" - this sort of
thing. However, I accept that they are both unwanted on the ng.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:49:16 +1100, Alan
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:46:13 +0000, Pete <[email protected]> wrote:
>>On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:00:55 +1100, Alan <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:34:06 -0600, RB <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>On 29 Feb 2004 18:26:52 -0800, [email protected] (Mike) wrote:
>>>>>I just wanted to invite everyone to visit www.dia-log.com. This is a free

[snip]

>Hi Pete Thanks for all the research. Educate me - how did you do all that? I must admit, I didn't
>see the hook.

>I suppose there is SPAM - herbal supplements, snake oil, bulk mail etc, and"spam" - this sort of
>thing. However, I accept that they are both unwanted on the ng. Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

Mail inbound

pete

I will apologize for controversy created by my post. Please read my
reply post to the group, and then I will graciously accept that this
forum is not the correct place for my original email and will stop. A
couple of concerns were generated that I'd like to quickly address:

1. I'm not the Mike Boeselager that the research indicates. I'm a 15 year diabetic that also
know's how to program and do graphical design, not a medical graduate working with the
medical field.
2. I will be making the site secure, and have applied for a security certificate.
3. I do not sell any information, or accept any money from anyone.
4. When I originally started the site, I had an idea of making it fee based (19.95). Then came to
concensus a couple of years ago, that it detered people from using the site.
5. Enjoy using the site for free, since there aren't many available.

Thanks for your understanding and will cease with these types of postings.

Mike Boeselager

On 1 Mar 2004 20:34:42 -0800, [email protected] (Mike)
wrote:

>I will apologize for controversy created by my post. Please read my reply post to the group, and
>then I will graciously accept that this forum is not the correct place for my original email and
>will stop. A couple of concerns were generated that I'd like to quickly address:
>
>1. I'm not the Mike Boeselager that the research indicates. I'm a 15 year diabetic that also
> know's how to program and do graphical design, not a medical graduate working with the medical
> field.
>2. I will be making the site secure, and have applied for a security certificate.
>3. I do not sell any information, or accept any money from anyone.
>4. When I originally started the site, I had an idea of making it fee based (19.95). Then came to
> concensus a couple of years ago, that it detered people from using the site.
>5. Enjoy using the site for free, since there aren't many available.
>
>Thanks for your understanding and will cease with these types of postings.
>
>Mike Boeselager

Accepted - must be a pain to have another with the same name in the same state. Diagnosed 20/03/03
Type II D&E + Metformin + Gliclazide