Diabetes -) Kidney Failure -)Dialysis -) Losing Blood Problem

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by President, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. President

    President Guest

    Hi,

    My mum having kidney failure 1 yr ago, she has been going through pains and sufferings. Luckily, she
    was strong enough to cope of all, and the condition is stablised since Nov 2003.

    She is going through Kidney Dialysis 3 X a week now, 4 Hours each session. The process is long &
    Tiring, but it helps her to improve her health.

    Last week, she started feeling Dizzy & Exhausted, despite her going through dialsysis weekly
    without fail.

    SYMPTOMS:
    - Stool is Black
    - Dizzy, Tired
    - Vomit after Meal
    - Whole body shaking after intake of High-Blood pressure pills (Her regular pills).

    She was then admitted to Hospital.Tthe Doc suspected that she is lack of blood, so she has been
    given 4 Packets of Blood!

    QUESTIONS:
    1. How often does a Kidney Patient need Blood Transfusion?
    2. Is it normal that she is given 4 packets of blood? (That's a lot!)
    3. Her stool is Black, is it normal?

    Thank You for your helps. If you can help me by giving me some advice, please reply this forum or
    please send me a mail to [email protected] thank you.

    Tags:

  2. Ladysycamore

    Ladysycamore Guest

    President wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My mum having kidney failure 1 yr ago, she has been going through pains and sufferings. Luckily,
    > she was strong enough to cope of all, and the condition is stablised since Nov 2003.
    >
    > She is going through Kidney Dialysis 3 X a week now, 4 Hours each session. The process is long &
    > Tiring, but it helps her to improve her health.
    >
    > Last week, she started feeling Dizzy & Exhausted, despite her going through dialsysis weekly
    > without fail.
    >
    > SYMPTOMS:
    > - Stool is Black
    > - Dizzy, Tired
    > - Vomit after Meal
    > - Whole body shaking after intake of High-Blood pressure pills (Her regular pills).
    >
    > She was then admitted to Hospital.Tthe Doc suspected that she is lack of blood, so she has been
    > given 4 Packets of Blood!
    >
    > QUESTIONS:
    > 1. How often does a Kidney Patient need Blood Transfusion?
    > 2. Is it normal that she is given 4 packets of blood? (That's a lot!)
    > 3. Her stool is Black, is it normal?
    >
    > Thank You for your helps. If you can help me by giving me some advice, please reply this forum or
    > please send me a mail to [email protected] thank you.

    Hello President.

    While I no longer do Hemo (I'm on Peritoneal Dialysis now), I can't personally answer your
    questions, but I will give you a link to another board that *may* be able to answer your questions:

    Dialysis Online! http://www.he.net/~brumley/renal/

    Good luck!

    --
    ~LadySycamore~ El Ciberbosque is up and running: http://ciberbosque.org/index.php

  3. Hoaxbuster

    Hoaxbuster Guest

    Thank you for bringing some sanity back to this group. It has just about fallen apart
    because of trolls

    Nan