Diadora Shoes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by pegs, Apr 30, 2006.

1. pegs

pegs New Member

Has anyone had any experience with Diadora shoes? I'm told they suit a narrow foot T/F? I'm looking at the Proracer Carbon model.

Tags:

2. jakefm

jakefm New Member

I have somewhat narrow feet and like mine alot, I have an older pair of elites that have been great. Only shoes Ive had though so cant really compare them.

3. kleng

kleng New Member

They're similiar in some ways to Sidi with a narrow fit, I'm now using the Shimano 215b, which I found to be more comfortable as I have wide feet.
    Spec wise they are nearly identical, I feel there is greater attention to detail in the Shimano shoe eg. strong external vented toecap and heel cup, carbon hollow tech soles with cleat marking indicators, raised honeycomb insole, available in E widths if required. Also in Australia their much cheaper than the Diadoras (which I got in the U.S)

So other than the narrow fit the Diadoras are great shoes.

4. matthewbetcher

matthewbetcher New Member

i have been in the carbon models for some time now. first the ev04 and now proracer. the older diadoras were much narrower than the current ones though they still suit a narrow foot.

the main difference is in the arch. they seem to support the arch differently than other makers like sidi and shimano. they feel closer to the dmt's than sidi's which, maybe it's just me, feel completely different on the feet. in the end, any current shoe is more than stiff enough for any of us and if the arch of the sidi et al doesn't feel quite right, i'd give them a go. i love them!

one last thing, for what it's worth... they seem to keep my feet the perfect temp as well -- not too cold on the cooler morning rides yet cool enough for the scorching cali summers.

5. triguy98

triguy98 New Member

I rode some older Diadora Trivex for years. Recently got some new carbon soled Shimanos that fit really well. Sidi never fit me right.