diamond frame racers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Al Kubeluis

top of the morning benters, we bash diamond frame racers and pacelines on this group regularly. i
come to their defense. i have met many racers on organized rides and just on the road, and have
found very few who are unfriendly or cocky after i have ridden with them. for example, 8 dc velo
racers were here sunday. jude and i rode with them, and they were most friendly. that some hard
riders are unfriendly is indisputable. so are some easy riders and benters. road courtesy needs to
be practiced by all. ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth..corsa~~~

"Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> top of the morning benters, we bash diamond frame racers and pacelines on this group regularly. i
> come to their defense. i have met many racers on organized rides and just on the road, and have
> found very few who are unfriendly or cocky after i have ridden with them. for example, 8 dc velo
> racers were here sunday. jude and i rode with them, and they were most friendly. that some hard
> riders are unfriendly is indisputable. so are some easy riders and benters. road courtesy needs to
> be practiced by all. ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth..corsa~~~

My experiences have been much the same. For the most part, the fast roadies I have met, and ridden
with, have been very friendly. Actually, I find that almost all other df riders I meet are friendly
and only very few are really snobbish and unfriendly. These few unfriendly ones are almost always
"wanabees". They are on one of the latest, lightweight, very expensive bikes and usually wear
jerseys and shorts from one of the prominent racing teams. They look like they can go fast, but
really can't, and don't seem to be truely happy unless they are ****** off at someone or something.
Bents offer them an easy target.

Harry Jiles

Status
Not open for further replies.