diamond frame racers

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Al Kubeluis, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Al Kubeluis

    Al Kubeluis Guest

    top of the morning benters, we bash diamond frame racers and pacelines on this group regularly. i
    come to their defense. i have met many racers on organized rides and just on the road, and have
    found very few who are unfriendly or cocky after i have ridden with them. for example, 8 dc velo
    racers were here sunday. jude and i rode with them, and they were most friendly. that some hard
    riders are unfriendly is indisputable. so are some easy riders and benters. road courtesy needs to
    be practiced by all. ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth..corsa~~~

    Tags:

  2. Harryo

    Harryo Guest

    "Al Kubeluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > top of the morning benters, we bash diamond frame racers and pacelines on this group regularly. i
    > come to their defense. i have met many racers on organized rides and just on the road, and have
    > found very few who are unfriendly or cocky after i have ridden with them. for example, 8 dc velo
    > racers were here sunday. jude and i rode with them, and they were most friendly. that some hard
    > riders are unfriendly is indisputable. so are some easy riders and benters. road courtesy needs to
    > be practiced by all. ~~~al.kubeluis..md.usa.earth..corsa~~~

    My experiences have been much the same. For the most part, the fast roadies I have met, and ridden
    with, have been very friendly. Actually, I find that almost all other df riders I meet are friendly
    and only very few are really snobbish and unfriendly. These few unfriendly ones are almost always
    "wanabees". They are on one of the latest, lightweight, very expensive bikes and usually wear
    jerseys and shorts from one of the prominent racing teams. They look like they can go fast, but
    really can't, and don't seem to be truely happy unless they are pissed off at someone or something.
    Bents offer them an easy target.

    Harry Jiles