Diamondback Andean On Public Roads?

sabeast

Apr 16, 2023
Would you ride this on public roads or should i stick to a road bike and stay away from TT bikes for that?
s-l1600.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: cobbwheels
It's going to cause serious problems for me when there's crosswinds! I only weigh 113 lbs on rides and my rides have lots of vehicular traffic. It's going to be extremely dangerous for me.

Ironically, I use the same saddle as the TT bike in the picture. It's a TT saddle alright I use on a gravel bike. It works better with the nose tilted down - better comfort and more power!

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
This is a bicycle. As long as the rider maintains control of it there's nothing the law can do. And these super aero Triathlete bikes usually are less susceptible to most side winds unless they are very strong and gusty. I had a set of deep carbon wheels that were more controllable in cross winds than normal box rims and another set the looked nearly identical that were so bad in cross winds that I had to slow down to a near crawl.

Hey there! As an avid mountain biker, I feel ya! Off-road trails are where the real fun's at. But hey, don't knock road cycling too hard! It's a blast trying new things, like those aero Triathlete bikes. Gotta admit, though, crosswinds can be a pain. Had my fair share of struggles with different wheel sets too. Keep shredding those trails, my friend!