Diamonds on the top of his head!

Bestest Handsander

Guest
From cyclingnews.com
(http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/feb06/feb11news)

"Tom Boonen and his Quick.Step-Innergetic teammates will be wearing some
expensive headgear this season, courtesy of Lazer helmets. Each rider will
receive a helmet with a golden name plate and a small diamond embedded in
it. Tom Boonen and Paolo Bettini will receive a 1.18 carat diamond in
recognition of their World Champion and Olympic Champion titles...."

Think someone will flick him just to try to get the diamond to fall of his
smashed helmet? :) This could introduce a new catagory of tchotske at big
races... booty!

"Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From cyclingnews.com
> (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/feb06/feb11news)
>
> "Tom Boonen and his Quick.Step-Innergetic teammates will be wearing some
> expensive headgear this season, courtesy of Lazer helmets. Each rider will
> receive a helmet with a golden name plate and a small diamond embedded in
> it. Tom Boonen and Paolo Bettini will receive a 1.18 carat diamond in
> recognition of their World Champion and Olympic Champion titles...."
>
> Think someone will flick him just to try to get the diamond to fall of his
> smashed helmet? :) This could introduce a new catagory of tchotske at big
> races... booty!

In the 2004 Monaco GP formula 1 race, the Jaguar team made a deal to put a
$200,000 diamond on the front of their cars for the race. One diamond was
subsequently lost forever when Christian Klein crashed his Jag into the back
of another car.

Lost forever... right! I want to know which maintenance worker took early
retirement that year after sweeping the track!

Conspiring minds want to know! :)

> "Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> From cyclingnews.com
>> (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/feb06/feb11news)
>>
>> "Tom Boonen and his Quick.Step-Innergetic teammates will be wearing some
>> expensive headgear this season, courtesy of Lazer helmets. Each rider
>> will receive a helmet with a golden name plate and a small diamond
>> embedded in it. Tom Boonen and Paolo Bettini will receive a 1.18 carat
>> diamond in recognition of their World Champion and Olympic Champion
>> titles...."
>>
>> Think someone will flick him just to try to get the diamond to fall of
>> his smashed helmet? :) This could introduce a new catagory of tchotske
>> at big races... booty!

> In the 2004 Monaco GP formula 1 race, the Jaguar team made a deal to put a
> $200,000 diamond on the front of their cars for the race. One diamond was
> subsequently lost forever when Christian Klein crashed his Jag into the
> back of another car.

Independent Fabrications make a prototype with a gold headbadge and
diamond in there some place if I'm not misstaken... yeah.. that comes
in handy.. you never know when you might need a diamond when you're
racing across the other side of the world.

How much would it cost to insure that bike durring travel?

Soon the UCI will change that helmet law and allow everyone to race
without a helmet again... it'll be cheaper to do brain surgery or
payout life insurence than replace those helmets...