Diamonds on the top of his head!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bestest Handsander, Feb 11, 2006.

  1. From cyclingnews.com
    (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/feb06/feb11news)

    "Tom Boonen and his Quick.Step-Innergetic teammates will be wearing some
    expensive headgear this season, courtesy of Lazer helmets. Each rider will
    receive a helmet with a golden name plate and a small diamond embedded in
    it. Tom Boonen and Paolo Bettini will receive a 1.18 carat diamond in
    recognition of their World Champion and Olympic Champion titles...."

    Think someone will flick him just to try to get the diamond to fall of his
    smashed helmet? :) This could introduce a new catagory of tchotske at big
    races... booty!

    Tags:

  2. "Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > From cyclingnews.com
    > (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/feb06/feb11news)
    >
    > "Tom Boonen and his Quick.Step-Innergetic teammates will be wearing some
    > expensive headgear this season, courtesy of Lazer helmets. Each rider will
    > receive a helmet with a golden name plate and a small diamond embedded in
    > it. Tom Boonen and Paolo Bettini will receive a 1.18 carat diamond in
    > recognition of their World Champion and Olympic Champion titles...."
    >
    > Think someone will flick him just to try to get the diamond to fall of his
    > smashed helmet? :) This could introduce a new catagory of tchotske at big
    > races... booty!

    In the 2004 Monaco GP formula 1 race, the Jaguar team made a deal to put a
    $200,000 diamond on the front of their cars for the race. One diamond was
    subsequently lost forever when Christian Klein crashed his Jag into the back
    of another car.

  3. Lost forever... right! I want to know which maintenance worker took early
    retirement that year after sweeping the track!

    Conspiring minds want to know! :)

    > "Bestest Handsander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> From cyclingnews.com
    >> (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/feb06/feb11news)
    >>
    >> "Tom Boonen and his Quick.Step-Innergetic teammates will be wearing some
    >> expensive headgear this season, courtesy of Lazer helmets. Each rider
    >> will receive a helmet with a golden name plate and a small diamond
    >> embedded in it. Tom Boonen and Paolo Bettini will receive a 1.18 carat
    >> diamond in recognition of their World Champion and Olympic Champion
    >> titles...."
    >>
    >> Think someone will flick him just to try to get the diamond to fall of
    >> his smashed helmet? :) This could introduce a new catagory of tchotske
    >> at big races... booty!

    > In the 2004 Monaco GP formula 1 race, the Jaguar team made a deal to put a
    > $200,000 diamond on the front of their cars for the race. One diamond was
    > subsequently lost forever when Christian Klein crashed his Jag into the
    > back of another car.

  4. DepartFictif

    DepartFictif Guest

    Independent Fabrications make a prototype with a gold headbadge and
    diamond in there some place if I'm not misstaken... yeah.. that comes
    in handy.. you never know when you might need a diamond when you're
    racing across the other side of the world.

    How much would it cost to insure that bike durring travel?

    Soon the UCI will change that helmet law and allow everyone to race
    without a helmet again... it'll be cheaper to do brain surgery or
    payout life insurence than replace those helmets...

  5. DepartFictif

    DepartFictif Guest

    correction: that sounds read "MADE a prototype..."