Diane Fortini

Mark Hagen

Guest
The following note comes from Diane's daughter, Kristen.

As most of you already know by now Diane was admitted into Mass General
Hospital last Tuesday after suffering with what she thought was sinus
headaches for a week. She had a CAT scan done and they found a massive
brain tumor about 7cm in size. She went through surgery for 11 hours on
Friday and the tumor was successfully removed with no damage to her
brain. The surgeon's preliminary diagnosis is that the tumor is benign,
with less than 5% chance of growing back. This is pending the biopsy
results that we should have by week end. She is making huge progress
each day and wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers
over the last week.

Diane's address at the hospital:
Massachusetts General Hospital
Ellison Buidling
Room 1232B
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114-2622

Home address:
Diane Fortini
91 Hillcrest Rd.
Hanson, MA 02341

Thank you for your continued support,
The Fortini Family

For any further information please contact Kristen Mills at
[email protected]

PS: All New England USCF matters (permitting, officials, etc.) should be
referred to Judy Miller:

Judy Miller
USCF Regional Coordinator (North East & Mid Atlantic)
1605 Cardinal Drive
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-866-4051
[email protected]

7 cm is about the size of a baseball. I think this might remind people
to go to the doctor if anything peculiar is occurring with your health.
That tumor didn't grow overnight.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> 7 cm is about the size of a baseball. I think this might remind people
> to go to the doctor if anything peculiar is occurring with your health.
> That tumor didn't grow overnight.

The good news is that she was coming home this afternoon. On top of
being a really good solid person, NE cycling would really be in trouble
without her. She has a real genius for getting people with different
agendas and opinions work together successfully and I can't think of
anyone with a bad word to say about her and tons of people with lots of
good things to say. That's pretty damn tough to accomplish while riding
herd on a bunch of cranky, individualistic NE hardheads.
Bill C

On 30 Nov 2005 15:28:48 -0800, "Bill C" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Tom Kunich wrote:
>> 7 cm is about the size of a baseball. I think this might remind people
>> to go to the doctor if anything peculiar is occurring with your health.
>> That tumor didn't grow overnight.

> The good news is that she was coming home this afternoon. On top of
>being a really good solid person, NE cycling would really be in trouble
>without her. She has a real genius for getting people with different
>agendas and opinions work together successfully and I can't think of
>anyone with a bad word to say about her and tons of people with lots of
>good things to say. That's pretty damn tough to accomplish while riding
>herd on a bunch of cranky, individualistic NE hardheads.

Yeah, she's excellent. Glad to hear it seems to be going well.

And I'd imagine being an official and NE-BRA board member would give
anyone a persistent headache so they might not notice a tumor..

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com

> She had a CAT scan done and they found a massive
> brain tumor about 7cm in size.

Hmm. I was wondering how my Cat 3 upgrade got approved...

Seriously, though, she's a great official, and I wish her a quick
recovery.