Dictionary of Roadie Slang...

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by MountainPro, Sep 27, 2005.

1. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

This is funny. This may have been posted before but IDGAF

website >> http://members.tripod.com/geert_pc/slang.htm

excerpt >>
    fat boy -- A rider with more muscle than you, (especially above the waist.)

FDGB -- Fall down, go boom. Usually accompanied by dirty looks from the stoker.

February legs -- That heavy, stoney feeling in your thighs.

feeling the chain -- A good pull; a good burn. "I was feeling the chain after that pull."

filcked, flicked -- Dropped from the group.

flat liner -- A rider who is good on the flat, but as soon as the road goes up, gets shelved .

flathead calves -- Legs that are in fatless form.

fork plant -- What happens after you realize that your front skewer wasn't as tight as it should have been...

foxing -- Deliberately riding bay, in the hope of getting a better handicap. An ancient Australian tradition in the weeks before a big race.

Fred -- Anyone who is marching to the beat of a different drummer. A newbie.

Freida -- Female Fred.

Freight Train -- Big guys that take a long time to get up to speed then hold a VERY fast pull at the front while everyone barely hangs on over the flats.

friction -- Forget all that integrated indexed crap, good old friction this is the system of choice for retro-grouches.

fridge magnet -- a wheel sucker, someone who does no work at the front.

Tags:
    haleylx4 likes this.

2. StartTday

StartTday New Member

Fridge magnet, so thats what I should call those people... haha thanks for the post I gotta use some of these on my next group ride.

3. JSWin

JSWin Member

These are funny. Fall down and go boom. Fred this is a good one. February legs. Everybody who bikes has had that.