Did anyone else feel a tad chilly this morning? (Melbourne)

SomeGuy

New Member
May 18, 2004
Went for a ride this morning (only my second ride since May when I broke my collarbone), and boy was it cold! Did someone turn the heater off while I was travelling to work in comfort by train or something? BOM reckons it was -0.5 degrees as I travelled through Coldstream, and judging by the amount of ice forming on my arms and legs I'm not going to argue. Note to self: leaving the booties and warmer gloves at home was *not* a good idea. Anyone else freeze today?

The photos at http://thylacinecycles.com/wordpress/?p=158 help illustrate the point.

SomeGuy said:
Went for a ride this morning (only my second ride since May when I broke my collarbone), and boy was it cold! Did someone turn the heater off while I was travelling to work in comfort by train or something? BOM reckons it was -0.5 degrees as I travelled through Coldstream, and judging by the amount of ice forming on my arms and legs I'm not going to argue. Note to self: leaving the booties and warmer gloves at home was *not* a good idea. Anyone else freeze today?

Oh yeah that was the coldest it has been around my place (SOuth Melbourne) for a while.... but soon got pretty warmed up. I love those Melbourne mornings... especially with the fog, its just great. BUt out that way with no booties and gloves that would have been cold.

On Jul 10, 8:54 pm, SomeGuy <SomeGuy.2ti...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Went for a ride this morning (only my second ride since May when I broke
> my collarbone), and boy was it cold! Did someone turn the heater off
> while I was travelling to work in comfort by train or something? BOM
> reckons it was -0.5 degrees as I travelled through Coldstream, and
> judging by the amount of ice forming on my arms and legs I'm not going
> to argue. Note to self: leaving the booties and warmer gloves at home
> was *not* a good idea. Anyone else freeze today?

I didn't freeze, I was doing hillsprints at the Kew loop at about 8am
in the fog. They keep you pretty warm :)

It's never too cold, you're just not wearing the right gear.

http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galleries/20041113_climbing_camp/DSCF1351.html

SomeGuy said:
Went for a ride this morning (only my second ride since May when I broke my collarbone), and boy was it cold! Did someone turn the heater off while I was travelling to work in comfort by train or something? BOM reckons it was -0.5 degrees as I travelled through Coldstream, and judging by the amount of ice forming on my arms and legs I'm not going to argue. Note to self: leaving the booties and warmer gloves at home was *not* a good idea. Anyone else freeze today?

The photos at http://thylacinecycles.com/wordpress/?p=158 help illustrate the point.
yesterday wasnt cold.

Last Thursday WAS cold...

byron27 wrote:
> SomeGuy Wrote:
> > Went for a ride this morning (only my second ride since May when I broke
> > my collarbone), and boy was it cold! Did someone turn the heater off
> > while I was travelling to work in comfort by train or something? BOM
> > reckons it was -0.5 degrees as I travelled through Coldstream, and
> > judging by the amount of ice forming on my arms and legs I'm not going
> > to argue. Note to self: leaving the booties and warmer gloves at home
> > was *not* a good idea. Anyone else freeze today?
> >
> > The photos at http://thylacinecycles.com/wordpress/?p=158 help
> > illustrate the point.

> yesterday wasnt cold.
>
> Last Thursday WAS cold...

It was a tad nippy in Canberra this morning. Nice big frost down
around my way (Gordon).

In 6 months time it'll be 30 degrees by this time of the morning
(08:25), and I for one won't be complaining!

BTH

On Jul 12, 8:24 am, BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
> It was a tad nippy in Canberra this morning. Nice big frost down
> around my way (Gordon).
>
> In 6 months time it'll be 30 degrees by this time of the morning
> (08:25), and I for one won't be complaining!
>
> BTH

-5 here the last two mornings running, bright white frost everywhere.
Nice and sunny though and the days have been way too nice to be at
work (though I could say that about any day really).

On Jul 12, 8:24 am, BT Humble
-5 here the last two mornings running, bright white frost everywhere.
Nice and sunny though and the days have been way too nice to be at
work (though I could say that about any day really).

Well, the English summer ended a month ago. I think we've had 30min of blue skies since then. Drizzley bazztard weather.. reminds me of Melbourne.. in WINTER. Temps are still low-20's so it's actually okay for riding in. Shame I couldn't get my tan any darker though - especially heading into another 9mths of **** weather..

hippy wrote:
> [email protected] Wrote:
>
> > On Jul 12, 8:24 am,BTHumble
> > -5 here the last two mornings running, bright white frost everywhere.
> > Nice and sunny though and the days have been way too nice to be at
> > work (though I could say that about any day really).

> Well, the English summer ended a month ago. I think we've had 30min of
> blue skies since then. Drizzley bazztard weather.. reminds me of
> Melbourne.. in WINTER. Temps are still low-20's so it's actually okay
> for riding in. Shame I couldn't get my tan any darker though -
> especially heading into another 9mths of **** weather..

I hear that the weather is pretty nice in France at the moment...? ;-)

BTH

On Jul 12, 6:09 pm, hippy <hippy.2tl...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Well, the English summer ended a month ago. I think we've had 30min of
> blue skies since then. Drizzley bazztard weather.. reminds me of
> Melbourne.. in WINTER. Temps are still low-20's so it's actually okay
> for riding in. Shame I couldn't get my tan any darker though -
> especially heading into another 9mths of **** weather..
>
> --
> hippy

They're forecasting a top of 9C here today if that makes you feel any
better :)
I'll second the call on the weather in France, looks glorious!