Did anyone notice...

Smudger

Guest
...how totally dry the air was today? I used twice as much water as I usually would have on the ride
I took today and I noticed that my lips were drying out all the time.

And the funny thing is that my wife still put clothes in the tumble dryer!

"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> ...how totally dry the air was today? I used twice as much water as I usually would have on the
> ride I took today and I noticed that my lips
were
> drying out all the time.

1.6% relative humidity somewhere in the Highlands today 80% in Bristol

> And the funny thing is that my wife still put clothes in the tumble dryer!

If we hung sheets outside, they'd make very good partition walls in a short time. Also, cold air
can't take on much water, so drying would take forever.

"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> ...how totally dry the air was today? I used twice as much water as I usually would have on the
> ride I took today and I noticed that my lips
were
> drying out all the time.
>
> And the funny thing is that my wife still put clothes in the tumble dryer!

Relative humidity in Scotland 1.9% giving a dew point of -39C! (according to the weatherman on
telly, but I'd rather trust a second-hand car dealer ;-)

Pete

"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> ...how totally dry the air was today? I used twice as much water as I usually would have on the
> ride I took today and I noticed that my lips
were
> drying out all the time.
>
> And the funny thing is that my wife still put clothes in the tumble dryer!

I had a lot of thinks about how cold it was, and maybe one or two about taking a water bottle.

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:41:21 -0000, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

>...how totally dry the air was today? I used twice as much water as I usually would have on the
>ride I took today and I noticed that my lips were drying out all the time.
>
>And the funny thing is that my wife still put clothes in the tumble dryer!

According to the beeb on PM, the met office recorded the lowest humidity since records began
somewhere in Scotland (my memory is faulty here, they were precise). Something like 1.6% RH, but
again I could have misremembered. Drier than yer average desert.

Tim

"Smudger" <[email protected]> writes:

> And the funny thing is that my wife still put clothes in the tumble dryer!

Silly of you not to have hung them outside first then, wasn't it...

>And the funny thing is that my wife still put clothes in the tumble dryer!

Of course, *you* could have put them out on the line to dry - out in the nice *cold* for her. Me,
the tumble drier saves a lot of ironing problems :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

"Patrick Herring" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote: ...
> > Me, the tumble drier saves a lot of ironing problems :)
>
> ?:-| Wot's an ironing problem?

I think its called a white, cotton interview shirt. Other than that I can't think of any.

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > Me, the tumble drier saves a lot of ironing problems :)
> >
> > ?:-| Wot's an ironing problem?
>

> I think its called a white, cotton interview shirt. Other than that I
can't
> think of any.

You can buy new ones for a tenner - but an iron costs 40+ quid (for a decent one).

The amount of times I need a white cotton interview shirt is so rare (and for an interview you
normally keep your jacket on, so only the front needs ironed :) that would be cheaper to replace
(and easier).