Did anyone win anything from Trek Lucky 7 ?

Bob Anderson

Guest
I think all the prizes went to the TV crew of OLN on those
commercials....any real winners out there?

---
"BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
Eugene Oregon

"Bob Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I think all the prizes went to the TV crew of OLN on those
> commercials....any real winners out there?
> "BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
> Eugene Oregon

I won a key chain.

"Bob Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think all the prizes went to the TV crew of OLN on those
> commercials....any real winners out there?
>

> ---
> "BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
> Eugene Oregon

I won a Peak bar.

On 2005-07-24, Beverly <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Bob Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I think all the prizes went to the TV crew of OLN on those
>> commercials....any real winners out there?
>>

>> ---
>> "BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
>> Eugene Oregon

> I won a Peak bar.

Expect Spam to follow.

Chuck wrote:
> On 2005-07-24, Beverly <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> "Bob Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> I think all the prizes went to the TV crew of OLN on those
>>> commercials....any real winners out there?
>>>

>>> ---
>>> "BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
>>> Eugene Oregon

>> I won a Peak bar.
>>

> Expect Spam to follow.

Spam wasn't a sponsor!

Bill "almost won a Jetta (darn those other two spots)" S.

The jetta isnt a great deal- you get a two year lease plus YOU pay
insurance etc then have to return car. The bike was the best prize. The
ride with Lance is no biggie since he wouldnt push himself and he
wouldnt show what he's got so it'd be no better than riding with
anyone else.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The jetta isnt a great deal- you get a two year lease plus YOU pay
> insurance etc then have to return car. The bike was the best prize. The
> ride with Lance is no biggie since he wouldnt push himself and he
> wouldnt show what he's got so it'd be no better than riding with
> anyone else.

You would rather he gave it 100%? I'm sure you would enjoy the start of the
ride, but then he would smoke you. :)

I was being sarcastic. He did nothing spectacular in the Tour and
anyone who claims he rode to his abilities is is a BS artist. It would
be cool to try and sprint against a real legend like Cipo just to see
the speed in person.

On 24 Jul 2005 10:50:31 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

> The
>ride with Lance is no biggie since he wouldnt push himself and he
>wouldnt show what he's got

Which would be good for you, or else the "with Lance" part would be
less than 15 seconds long. <G>

Lots of people, including me, would just enjoy spending some time with
a legend.

On 24 Jul 2005 13:00:36 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>I was being sarcastic. He did nothing spectacular in the Tour and
>anyone who claims he rode to his abilities is is a BS artist.

Did you happen to see the last time trial?

Bob Anderson wrote:
> I think all the prizes went to the TV crew of OLN on those
> commercials....any real winners out there?
>

> ---
> "BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
> Eugene Oregon

A Discovery Water Bottle.

[email protected] wrote:
> I'd enjoy riding with a legend- a lemond, merckx, or Cipolini. Riders
> who went all out and tried to win

Yeah, that LA dude is a SLACKER!

Relax, butt-packer -- he wouldn't want to ride with YOU, either.

:-D

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The jetta isnt a great deal- you get a two year lease plus YOU pay
> insurance etc then have to return car. The bike was the best prize. The
> ride with Lance is no biggie since he wouldnt push himself and he
> wouldnt show what he's got so it'd be no better than riding with
> anyone else.

Actually any of the major prizes would have actually, probably sucked.
First, you have to pay income tax on the full retail price of the winning
item.
Then you have to pay your local sales taxes too.
As far as I can tell, the IRS wants their income tax money up front too, I
don't think a 1099 income declaration form at the end of the year would do
it.
..So for a $10,000 bike you would be out something like $2,500 income taxes
and around $850 sales taxes (here in Texas).
The Ride with Lance would be a huge shock, as it depends on what all the
full retial prices are for all of the extras they have tossed in, such as
airfare, hotels, rental cars, et cetera.
Plus according to the fine print of the rules, the contest authorities can
refuse to honor a ticket not received through proper channels, thus if you
sold the winning ticket to someone else, and they found out about it, they
would refuse to honor the winning ticket too.

I submit that on or about 24 Jul 2005 16:02:49 -0700, the person known
to the court as [email protected] made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>I'd enjoy riding with a legend- a lemond, merckx, or Cipolini. Riders
>who went all out and tried to win

Envy is such an unattractive trait. Chill out in the bozo bin for a
while....

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

I submit that on or about 24 Jul 2005 16:02:49 -0700, the person known
to the court as [email protected] made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>I'd enjoy riding with a legend- a lemond, merckx, or Cipolini. Riders
>who went all out and tried to win

Envy is such an unattractive trait. Chill out in the bozo bin for a
while....

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

I submit that on or about 24 Jul 2005 16:02:49 -0700, the person known
to the court as [email protected] made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>I'd enjoy riding with a legend- a lemond, merckx, or Cipolini. Riders
>who went all out and tried to win

Envy is such an unattractive trait. Chill out in the bozo bin for a
while....

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

>Time trials are nothing - no competition. Lance beat a clock but
>couldnt beat all the no names who won stages

Who won ONE stage (ie 1/21st of the overall race) but finished over an
HOUR behind The Leader of the overall race. How is THAT impressive?

PS - he beat the clock by much more than anyone else could or did.