Did anyone win anything from Trek Lucky 7 ?

[email protected] wrote:

>Time trials are nothing - no competition. Lance beat a clock but
>couldnt beat all the no names who won stages

Who won ONE stage (ie 1/21st of the overall race) but finished over an
HOUR behind The Leader of the overall race. How is THAT impressive?

PS - he beat the clock by much more than anyone else could or did.

[email protected] wrote:

>Time trials are nothing - no competition. Lance beat a clock but
>couldnt beat all the no names who won stages

Who won ONE stage (ie 1/21st of the overall race) but finished over an
HOUR behind The Leader of the overall race. How is THAT impressive?

PS - he beat the clock by much more than anyone else could or did.

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 04:44:32 -0500, "Earl Bollinger"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Actually any of the major prizes would have actually, probably sucked.
>First, you have to pay income tax on the full retail price of the winning
>item.
>Then you have to pay your local sales taxes too.
>As far as I can tell, the IRS wants their income tax money up front too, I
>don't think a 1099 income declaration form at the end of the year would do
>it.

FWIW, I'm in two different drawings that have first prizes of
$200,000+US small airplanes.

I'd have to cough up $70-80k to accept the prize.

If I win, I'll figure something out! <G>