did evans wait for menchov on prato nervoso?

Ashley.S.Olsen

Mar 10, 2008
i watch some tapes from the tour de france around france and i noticed on the stage to prato nervoso that big denny menchov crashed and lost his chain. menchov can be seen pushing a very high cadance but his speed was 0kmph. evans didn't slow and rode around him. that was bad form and not the the act of a noble rider let alone a race leader. i read in newspapers that austrian sportman are arrogant. like ricky ponting the cricketing captain. why didnt evans wait? is he brain dead or just stupid?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl4eCCa1pJQ

If you look really closely and lip read (I have the video in high def)... Evans says "Are you all right mate?" and Menchov replies "Yeah... my hip hurts but I'm fine... you ride ahead...don't worry about me.... I'll catch up later".... and Evans goes "Okay.... if you don't catch up we'll all stop at the top of the hill and wait for you"... then Denny goes "Thanks mate... you're a great bloke".

You from the UK A.S.O?...
wink.gif
. Austrian sportsman are arrogant.

Hey Ashley you should stick to crack and anorexia and leave generalised comments about a countries sportsman to those more informed.

ps Rick Ponting is Australian, Adolf ****** is Austrian.

why is it up to Evans to wait when no one else did :confused:. They actually made mention of that during the TV coverage in Australia (dont know about Austria) and they felt that under the circumstances it was considered ok not to wait cos menchov was on the attack and it was his own actions that brought him down. Also it should be noted that Evans (or anyone esle) didnt actually attack they just continued to ride at their pre crash pace.

They looked like they just rode tempo until he caught back on to me. FWIW, I don't reckon anyone is under any obligation to wait if the hammer is down.