did I do GOOD ??

Swellens

Guest
I'm looking for a good entry level bike and came across a new 2002 Giant Warp DS-2 for $499.00,
Origionally $699.00, please tell me this a good entry level bike and I got a good deal.

Thanks

In article <avVAa.108$o%[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I'm looking for a good entry level bike and came across a new 2002 Giant Warp DS-2 for $499.00,
> Origionally $699.00, please tell me this a good entry level bike and I got a good deal.
>
> Thanks

In all honesty, you will get mixed results posting a question like that to this group. there are
some here who seem to think if it doesn't cost thousands of dollars then it is a POS, while others
know the real truth is it is not the bike that counts. what you want in a bike is quality, for one.
it needs to fit you, and it needs to fit your riding style, or the riding style you intend to do. In
other words, if you ride XC, and you happen to see a DH bike on sale with the latest cool
components, it will not work well as a XC bike simply because it will be so strong it will weigh too
much to climb hills.

Take it for a ride, generate your own opinion of it. after all, you are the one who will be riding
it. if you like how it rides, and it leaves you with a good feeling after a ride that encourages you
to ride more, than it is indeed a good bike.
--
~Travis

Thanks for the advice Travis, I hope to take it for many rides. "Technician"
> In article <avVAa.108$o%[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> > I'm looking for a good entry level bike and came across a new 2002 Giant Warp DS-2 for $499.00,
> > Origionally $699.00, please tell me this a good
entry
> > level bike and I got a good deal.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> In all honesty, you will get mixed results posting a question like that to this group. there are
> some here who seem to think if it doesn't cost thousands of dollars then it is a POS, while others
> know the real truth is it is not the bike that counts. what you want in a bike is quality, for
> one. it needs to fit you, and it needs to fit your riding style, or the riding style you intend to
> do. In other words, if you ride XC, and you happen to see a DH bike on sale with the latest cool
> components, it will not work well as a XC bike simply because it will be so strong it will weigh
> too much to climb hills.
>
> Take it for a ride, generate your own opinion of it. after all, you are the one who will be riding
> it. if you like how it rides, and it leaves you with a good feeling after a ride that encourages
> you to ride more, than it is indeed a good bike.
> --
> ~Travis
>
> travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

"swellens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:avVAa.108$o%[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a good entry level bike and came across a new 2002 Giant Warp DS-2 for $499.00,
> Origionally $699.00, please tell me this a good
entry
> level bike and I got a good deal.
>
> Thanks

Yes it is and yes you did. Now go ride it and post a ride report!

Mike

Hay JD kiss my ass, I'll ask what ever I want on Usenet, if you don't like it then don't answer

> "swellens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<avVAa.108$o%[email protected]>...
> > I'm looking for a good entry level bike and came across a new 2002 Giant Warp DS-2 for $499.00,
> > Origionally $699.00, please tell me this a good
entry
> > level bike and I got a good deal.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> You got burned. Get a refund, then don't ever ask for post-purchase justification/approval on
> Usenet ever again.
>
> JD

swellens <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> Hay JD kiss my ass, I'll ask what ever I want on Usenet, if you don't like it then don't answer

he he, that's just JD. his bark is worse than his bite. and i have it on good authority that in life
he is really a pussycat.

and BTW, if you try to fight fire with fire, you will get burned.
--
~Travis

"swellens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<biJCa.1094$o%[email protected]>...
> Hay JD kiss my ass, I'll ask what ever I want on Usenet, if you don't like it then don't answer

Imagine that, you're a top poster as well. Your plea for post-purchase justification/approval
already showed that you are indeed, a fool. Thanks for playing.

JD

> > "swellens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<avVAa.108$o%[email protected]>...
> > > I'm looking for a good entry level bike and came across a new 2002 Giant Warp DS-2 for
> > > $499.00, Origionally $699.00, please tell me this a good
> entry
> > > level bike and I got a good deal.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > You got burned. Get a refund, then don't ever ask for post-purchase justification/approval on
> > Usenet ever again.
> >
> > JD

"swellens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<biJCa.1094$o%[email protected]>...
> Hay JD kiss my ass, I'll ask what ever I want on Usenet, if you don't like it then don't answer

> > "swellens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<avVAa.108$o%[email protected]>...
> > > I'm looking for a good entry level bike and came across a new 2002 Giant Warp DS-2 for
> > > $499.00, Origionally $699.00, please tell me this a good
> entry
> > > level bike and I got a good deal.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > You got burned. Get a refund, then don't ever ask for post-purchase justification/approval on
> > Usenet ever again.
> >
> > JD

JD's point, swellens, is that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to ask us if you got a deal AFTER
you've purchased the bike.

There's also a point in there about JD not approving of that bike but then again, JD is pretty
particular about his rides. As a new rider you get to start from scratch and work up your own
opinions about what bikes are ****. The Warp will be a good beginner bike for you. Have fun
and ride it.

> swellwns t-p'ed:
>
> >Hay JD kiss my ass, I'll ask what ever I want on Usenet, if you don't
like
> >it then don't answer
>
> You have every right to ask whatever you like, but if you do it in a
public
> forum, everyone else has every right to answer how they like - even JD. Live with it or not, just
> stop complaining......
>
> Steve

Sorry if I didn't post the way I should have, I'm new to the news group arena, the bike in question
is on hold, not paid for yet , I was just wondering If It's a good 1st mountain bike that's all.

From: "swellens" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re: did I do GOOD ??

> swellwns t-p'ed:
>
> >Hay JD kiss my ass, I'll ask what ever I want on Usenet, if you don't
like
> >it then don't answer
>
> You have every right to ask whatever you like, but if you do it in a
public
> forum, everyone else has every right to answer how they like - even JD. Live with it or not, just
> stop complaining......
>
> Steve

>Sorry if I didn't post the way I should have, I'm new to the news
group
>arena, the bike in question is on hold, not paid for yet , I was just wondering If It's a good 1st
>mountain bike that's all.

No, it's not a good bike. In fact, any new full suspension bike under $1,000 US is more than likely
to be a **** outdated design (like the URT) made out of cheap materials and has a low grade spec
that will not last 6 months under regular use on mountain bike trails. Pull your head out of your
ass and buy a hardtail, learn to ride, then just shut the hell up and ride.

JD

JD wrote:

> Pull your head out of your ass and buy a hardtail, learn to ride, then just shut the hell up
> and ride.

Ah, likea breath fo fresh air.... I was just hinking to myself; "It's about time for JD to
chime in".

--
John G. "Are those cold yet?"

swellens said...

> Sorry if I didn't post the way I should have, I'm new to the news group arena, the bike in
> question is on hold, not paid for yet , I was just wondering If It's a good 1st mountain bike
> that's all.

The general wisdom is to get a hardtail in that price range. You will get much better components in
exchange for a less than optimal rear suspension.

"SuperSlinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> swellens said...
>
> > Sorry if I didn't post the way I should have, I'm new to the news group arena, the bike in
> > question is on hold, not paid for yet , I was just wondering If It's a good 1st mountain bike
> > that's all.
>
> The general wisdom is to get a hardtail in that price range. You will get much better components
> in exchange for a less than optimal rear suspension.

Thanks for all the advice, I changed my layway to a Raleigh M-80 disc, I think I'll be better off
with a hardtail.

"swellens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<XvQCa.1114$o%[email protected]>...
> "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > swellwns t-p'ed:
> >
> > >Hay JD kiss my ass, I'll ask what ever I want on Usenet, if you don't
> like
> > >it then don't answer
> >
> > You have every right to ask whatever you like, but if you do it in a
> public
> > forum, everyone else has every right to answer how they like - even JD. Live with it or not,
> > just stop complaining......
> >
> > Steve
>
> Sorry if I didn't post the way I should have, I'm new to the news group arena, the bike in
> question is on hold, not paid for yet , I was just wondering If It's a good 1st mountain bike
> that's all.

Akuna Matatta. But since you've stuck your neck out as a target, let me take a friendly shot:

1) unless you plan to the change the world for the better with your purchase, the question should
have been, "Did I do WELL?"

2) What difference does it make if strangers comment on the pros or cons of your purchase. The bike
is yours, the deal is done, now get on with it.

3) Will you ride it less if faceless dewbs on a ng say its a POS, or more if we all clap you on the
back and rave about what a great deal you got? I just don't get the insecurity thing of asking
strangers to validate a done deal.

Its a "good" bike if you bought it, you ride it, you like it, and it doesn't kill you.

Paladin

Yeah, and I top post too- that way people actually can see what is being asked, rather than having
to scroll through 1001 lines of repetitive ****, just to find out what someone is trying to say.

> "swellens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<biJCa.1094$o%[email protected]>...

> Imagine that, you're a top poster as well. Your plea for post-purchase justification/approval
> already showed that you are indeed, a fool. Thanks for playing.

"chip3130" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yeah, and I top post too- that way people actually can see what is being asked, rather than having
> to scroll through 1001 lines of repetitive ****, just to find out what someone is trying to say.

Bzzt, wrong, thanks for playing, here are some lovely parting gifts.

When you top post, people first see your reply and then have to scroll down to see what the hell you
were answering/commenting on. Servers don't neatly post things in perfect order all the time, and
sometimes people reply in threads that are days or weeks old.

Bill "and then, those who killfile you will BLOCK OFF THE OL' CHIP (arr-arr)" S.

chip3130 wrote:
> Yeah, and I top post too- that way people actually can see what is being asked, rather than having
> to scroll through 1001 lines of repetitive ****, just to find out what someone is trying to say.

A. Top-posting.
B. What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

You do realise that you can "quote", don't you? That is, you remove the 990-odd lines that are
irrelevant and then just reply to the relevant bits. Problem solved, conversation flows, others
appreciate it and you don't look like an idiot.

--
C.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

D.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

"swellens" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<AVXCa.1188$o%[email protected]>...
> "SuperSlinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > swellens said...
> >
> > > Sorry if I didn't post the way I should have, I'm new to the news group arena, the bike in
> > > question is on hold, not paid for yet , I was just wondering If It's a good 1st mountain bike
> > > that's all.
> >
> > The general wisdom is to get a hardtail in that price range. You will get much better components
> > in exchange for a less than optimal rear suspension.
>
> Thanks for all the advice, I changed my layway to a Raleigh M-80 disc, I think I'll be better off
> with a hardtail.

Good call! This bike will get you farther for your money and be more worthy of minor upgrades as
you're drawn deeper and deeper into the sport. In the future you may want a fully but you'll want
one that costs a hell of a lot more than $500 : )

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> chimp5150 wrote:
> > Yeah, and I top post too- that way people actually can see what is being asked, rather than
> > having to scroll through 1001 lines of repetitive ****, just to find out what someone is trying
> > to say.
>
> A. Top-posting.
> Q. What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?
>
> You do realise that you can "quote", don't you? That is, you remove the 990-odd lines that are
> irrelevant and then just reply to the relevant bits. Problem solved, conversation flows, others
> appreciate it and you don't look like an idiot.

What do you expect from a psychotic chimp?

JD