Did I earn the tattoo? Ironman question.

hashde

May 6, 2003
Here is the problem. I finished an Ironman distance race, but I did not make the midnight time cutoff. It was hot and I'm a big guy. I could not take in fluids fast enough. Also, the officials acknowledge the bike ride was 6+ miles too long. I am an Ironman or not?

Depends on whether your bike's made of iron or not.:D Personally I find steel or alluminium lighter and easier to push around.:D

Bill.

hashde said:
Here is the problem. I finished an Ironman distance race, but I did not make the midnight time cutoff. It was hot and I'm a big guy. I could not take in fluids fast enough. Also, the officials acknowledge the bike ride was 6+ miles too long. I am an Ironman or not?

Hey man, the fact you went out and did it speaks volumes. Now, you have that motivation to next time beat the cutoff time!!

I'm not sure about the tattoo, but, you competed and did the best you could! Just keep on truckin' and you will get better and better

hashde said:
From what I heard about those Ironman races you must be made of Iron,,,,or maybe Ti.
:D

complience said:
appears to me that you dont think you do.
I am truly unsure. But I did finish, got a medal etc. All I am missing is an official time. I will be doing it again however, and I have improved quite a bit.

bigbikeforums said:
Sounds like you are answering yourself. I think you really should just do another like you are planning and get it then. It sounds like you will feel more comfortable with it that way. The tattoo shop isn't going anywhere :)
I guess I did answer myself.
Cheers,
hashde