did i get a good bike/decent deal?

dDigitalPimp

Jun 15, 2006
i have not been riding since i was 16 years old (25 now) and i wanted to get back into mountain biking. the first thing i needed was a bike, my old one got stolen the day i turned 16 and i got my license and didnt really need a bike anymore. i wanted to spend no more than $600 but i wanted to get a front shock, disc brakes, decent components and a 20 inch frame. i ended up getting this 06 diamondback response sport for $400 before tax. mine is the one on the left.

db.jpg

it has a RST gila Plus shock, which is pretty low end from what ive been reading on here the past few days (possible upgrade next season)
Shimano EF-29 8-spd Rapid Fire Shifters & Alivio Rear Derailleur
Truvativ X Flow Cranks
since the picture i have since added wellgo(sp) clipless pedals

overall i really like the way it rides and i know the components could be better but for what i paid im happy, so what does everyone else think?

dDigitalPimp said:
i have not been riding since i was 16 years old (25 now) and i wanted to get back into mountain biking. the first thing i needed was a bike, my old one got stolen the day i turned 16 and i got my license and didnt really need a bike anymore. i wanted to spend no more than $600 but i wanted to get a front shock, disc brakes, decent components and a 20 inch frame. i ended up getting this 06 diamondback response sport for $400 before tax. mine is the one on the left.

it has a RST gila Plus shock, which is pretty low end from what ive been reading on here the past few days (possible upgrade next season)
Shimano EF-29 8-spd Rapid Fire Shifters & Alivio Rear Derailleur
Truvativ X Flow Cranks
since the picture i have since added wellgo(sp) clipless pedals

overall i really like the way it rides and i know the components could be better but for what i paid im happy, so what does everyone else think?

that would be a pretty good deal over here in the uk, but bikes are much cheaper in the states. sounds ok. the fork is not up to much though. Personally I would have spent more and gone higher spec. i dont know what the frame is like but at the cheaper end of the market i would probably have gone with one of the manufacturers that makes the really top end rigs as the technology filters down better. so long as you enjoy it thats the main thing. It has lots of potential. spend on the fork and you will be ok.