Did I get a good deal?

dan0512

Oct 14, 2004
Whee I just got a new ride, it's a 26", bought to replace the aging Roadmaster mt. storm POJ. Here are the specs:

26" hardtail, 24 gears

6061 ally. frame
Shimano Alivio rear derailleur, Acera front derailleur
Tektro V-brakes
RST capa TL fork
Suntour front gears (is there a another term for these)
Shimano Cassete
X-rims by alex (so says the sticker on them!)
Cheng shin tires
Cane creek header

I guess that's it, it's really nice and I would love to include a pic, but unluckily I'm having problems with the dig. camera. It was at 660 swiss francs original price, but it was on sale, 50%, so it went down to 330, and because we went there on Saturday, we got an extra 20% discount, so it came out at like 260 swiss francs, which is like $200 USD. Do you MTB experts think I got a good deal (obviously I did, 70% discount lol) but is it still fair?

Dan

dan0512 said:
Whee I just got a new ride, it's a 26", bought to replace the aging Roadmaster mt. storm POJ. Here are the specs:

26" hardtail, 24 gears

6061 ally. frame
Shimano Alivio rear derailleur, Acera front derailleur
Tektro V-brakes
RST capa TL fork
Suntour front gears (is there a another term for these)
Shimano Cassete
X-rims by alex (so says the sticker on them!)
Cheng shin tires
Cane creek header

I guess that's it, it's really nice and I would love to include a pic, but unluckily I'm having problems with the dig. camera. It was at 660 swiss francs original price, but it was on sale, 50%, so it went down to 330, and because we went there on Saturday, we got an extra 20% discount, so it came out at like 260 swiss francs, which is like $200 USD. Do you MTB experts think I got a good deal (obviously I did, 70% discount lol) but is it still fair?

Dan

Yeah, you got ripped off! Just Kidding!
Are you happy with it? Do you feel like you got the best deal? Does the bike work? If you answered yes to all of those, then you got an awesome deal. Only time will tell what deal you got. If something breaks or gets out of alignment, will the shop be there to fix it at a minimal or NO cost? Then the good deal stands. Be happy with what you got.
As long as you got a decent frame, then you are set. The components can be replaced when needed.

Good luck out there!

RIDE ON!
RubberSideDown

Yes, I'm very happy with it. It has a 3 year warranty and for the period of one year I can take it to the shop for a free checkup (gears, brakes, tires), so I guess I did get an excellent deal. Done some testing and tweaking and it feels even better. Ohh but the first scratch is the one that hurts the most.

Dan

dan0512 said:
Yes, I'm very happy with it. It has a 3 year warranty and for the period of one year I can take it to the shop for a free checkup (gears, brakes, tires), so I guess I did get an excellent deal. Done some testing and tweaking and it feels even better. Ohh but the first scratch is the one that hurts the most.

Dan
LOL god I know, and it seems like it happens so fast. :(

EDIT: Congradulations on the new bike! Enjoy it!