Did I Hear Right?

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mighta been Al but somebody said "the ball is on the tee. it's now
> up to him to hit it out of the park"!!!

Ah, yes. The tee-ball steroid scandal rears its ugly head.

> Mighta been Al but somebody said "the ball is on the tee. it's now
> up to him to hit it out of the park"!!!
> so funny...thehick

Yes, a mixed sports metaphor. There's nothing uglier.

Kind of like Phil a couple of years ago, when he asked "what other sport can
you get this close to your favorite bike rider?"

"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:[email protected]...
> > Mighta been Al but somebody said "the ball is on the tee. it's now
> > up to him to hit it out of the park"!!!
> > so funny...thehick

> Yes, a mixed sports metaphor. There's nothing uglier.
>

>>>Mighta been Al but somebody said "the ball is on the tee. it's now
>>>up to him to hit it out of the park"!!!
>>>so funny...thehick

>>Yes, a mixed sports metaphor. There's nothing uglier.

No, he wasn't mixing golf and baseball. He was talking about Tee-ball,
you know, the version of baseball that 5 year old kids play with the
ball resting on a tee rather than pitched to the batter.

--
I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:12:25 -0500, "Roger Houston"
<[email protected]> wrote:

><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Mighta been Al but somebody said "the ball is on the tee. it's now
>> up to him to hit it out of the park"!!!

>Ah, yes. The tee-ball steroid scandal rears its ugly head.

Come on, now. Al's a t-ball fan.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...