did I miss something - sbs tour coverage?

Rayc

Guest
Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

Rayc wrote:
> Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
> TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
> cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
> the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
> for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

SBS advertise live coverage of all 21 stages then only show ten minutes?
what do we get? gloating pommy cricket commentators =/

*cross* kim

Rayc> Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage
Rayc> of the TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show
Rayc> the bloody cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans
Rayc> stay up late to see the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS -
Rayc> What the? Its only only on for less than four weeks of the
Rayc> year, not all summer.

That's it. I'm off to bed. I'm not staying up to watch sodding
cricket, I'll catch the highlights tomorrow.

****** OFF!
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

"Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Rayc wrote:
>> Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
>> TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
>> cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
>> the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
>> for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

> SBS advertise live coverage of all 21 stages then only show ten minutes?
> what do we get? gloating pommy cricket commentators =/
>
> *cross* kim

WTF??? Praise for ditching Taste Le Tour. MINUS 500000000 points for
showing the bloody cricket!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm so ****** that I have wriiten to complain to SBS. or is it the nine
network?
Dull coverage my ****! not only bare coverage, they have broken from
their scheduling for what? To disappoint fans of the most watched
sporting event in the world
Idiots
ray

Full coverage my ****! not only bare coverage, they have broken from

Rayc said:
Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

The SBS number for 'feedback' is Toll Free Phone 1800 500 727.

They advertised they the tour coverage tonight was from 11.10 to 12.30.
So far I reckon I might have been lucky to see about 30mins, and theres
only 15 mins left till the end of scheduled broadcast. Very ******.
At least the others (7,9 and 10 ) have broken their schedules for
something worth reporting. ( Sad news, as it may be)
ray

Rayc wrote:

> Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
> TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
> cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
> the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
> for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

I was watching with boys who love cricket. It was a disturbing
experience for me. They would be all excited, Le Tour! and then Oh NO!
It's Gone! and then Yay! The Test! and then Oh NO! It's Gone! etc... I
don't understand boys. I prefer bikes.

Tam

> It's Gone! and then Yay! The Test! and then Oh NO! It's Gone! etc... I
> don't understand boys. I prefer bikes.

Hence the "Men are from Mars and Women are most probably from Hell"
adage :)

"Rayc" wrote
> Did I miss something? Praises for SBS with the live coverage of the
> TdF, but what is it with the break in coverage to show the bloody
> cricket? Isnt there enough on the TV? Cycling fans stay up late to see
> the daily coverage, not the cricket. SBS - What the? Its only only on
> for less than four weeks of the year, not all summer.

I knew it, I just b$%^&%$y knew it! I knew fuggin cricket would interrupt
the tour!!
In the first 1 hour & 10 minutes of supposed TDF coverage there was a whole
20 minutes of actual cycling!!!! (In WA at least) And the remaining 50
minutes? Well I think we all know the answer to that one!!
Send your complaints to SBS!!!

BruceA

flyingdutch wrote:

> [email protected] Wrote:
> >
> > Hence the "Men are from Mars and Women are most probably from Hell"
> > adage :)

> hehe. well you can confirm the second part cos i suspect your about to
> get sent there! :D
>
> --
> flyingdutch

The Valley is where LotteBum sells her wares.

Tam

Rayc wrote:
> I'm so ****** that I have wriiten to complain to SBS. or is it the nine
> network?
> Dull coverage my ****! not only bare coverage, they have broken from
> their scheduling for what? To disappoint fans of the most watched
> sporting event in the world
> Idiots
> ray

The Age

Cricket bowls up big ratings for SBS.

SBS drew four times its usual viewing figures last night as sports fans
were absorbed by a remarkable bowling display in the first Ashes Test.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tv--radio/cricket-bowls-up-big-ratings/2005/07/22/1121539136519.html

Marty