Did Litespeed ever have a special offer of $1000 off their frames (think 2005)??

asiabryan

Sep 18, 2009
Did Litespeed ever have a special offer where they gave a $1000 discount off their frames for a limited period back in 2005?
confused.gif

I bought a frame and had it shipped to me in Hong Kong. Recently the frame broke and they are telling me that it was a pre-owned bike (which I was never told at the time)... Can anyone help me on this?

I want a new frame... Sewanee broke and want to get a replacement hardtail MTB... But it seems as though they will not honor the warranty because I bought the bike from their Preowned bikes section... I think they are giving me a load of BS...
mad.gif

Yes...I took advantage of the offer and ordered a custom built Vortex road frame through my LBS. Look on the bottom of your BB...you should see a serial number stamped there. Check w/Litespeed to see if the frame is registered. If not, you may be stuck. Do you have the receipt for the purchase? Where did you buy the bike? LBS? Directly from Litespeed?
BTW, you may be out of luck regardless...the owner of my LBS said that Litespeed is about to go out of business. I haven't checked this out for myself yet, but I mention it to prompt you to try to resolve this issue asap.
I hope my LBS is wrong about Litespeed's future. So much for the lifetime guarentees on our frames.
Good luck.

alienator said:
What did your dealer say about Litespeed?
When I pressed him for more detail, he backed off of his original statement a bit. He said that Litespeed had been going through some lean years and was introducing a carbon line of bikes in an effort to recoup losses associated with their titanium offerings.
Interestingly, the founders of Litespeed Titanium Components sold the business in 1999 and moved down the street to start Lynskey Performance Designs which from what I can see is a high end, custom, titanium manufacturer. I have no idea how well their business model is faring, but they seem to be holding their own. As a matter of fact a couple of guys I ride with have already bought and are in the process of buying Lynskey frames.
Regardless, the previous paragraph doesn’t address your problem. As I did earlier, I would prompt you to pursue your grievance vigorously. Again, I don't know if you have a receipt or if you registered your purchase. I wish you the best in this endeavor and request that you let me know how it all turned out. I’d like to think that Litespeed will give you satisfaction with this.