Did my Carmichael Field Test (TM) today

OLMO

Feb 26, 2004
Well, other than various bodily humours being expelled at lightning velocity...hey, is bile really green?

Well, I decided on a 5km trial as I was on a 333 m velo. 15 laps, so I suppose it was slightly more than 5km. I'd never really done a flat-out redline effort before, so naturally I held back a little bit. Next time I'll be able to budget my energy a bit better.

I finished the first trial in 8.13.53, and the second in 8.26.68. My avg. heart rate was 190, and then 187. However, that may be a bit high due to spikes in the reading. I need to get a microphone before I can make the sonic uplink work.

So, this is good, as it establishes my zones. If anything, it's really good to rev my engine that high, just to know I can do it without, you know, imperilling myself.

The one thing I noticed was that as I crept up in laps, I got a real tunnel vision thing happening. I started to see stars. I think I even saw some little green men with blue pipes...No, I exaggerate. But, I think that's a good indicator that I was really maxing out.