Did my first commute today...

rykoala

May 6, 2004
Its only 6mi but I have never tried it.

Dealing with traffic was a bit scarey as I had a driver go off the road ahead of me. I was facing traffic and so I thought he was gonna wipe me out! The guy was digging for something on the floor, I think he got scared when he saw me.

It was great fun and I plan on riding my bike in to work in the morning as well. 12mi/day will really increase my weekly mileage from about 30 to around 90 :D

Great stuff! I'm starting to miss bike commuting now, it's winter time here and it gets dark waay too early, and my headlight set still hasn't arrived in the mail :(

Thanks folks! I'm getting used to biking daily, as I did 26mi on Sunday, 6mi yesterday, and I just finished my morning commute on bike for the first time. I wore nothing special just my dockers and a tee shirt (normal work clothes) and my biking gloves. At only 47deg F I was quite cold but I did the 6mi ride in 25 minutes and boy am I awake! And it feels great too.

I just started commutuing as well and now drive only once a week on average. I really do not like the driving days. Of course there is a certain freedom on a bike totally lost in the car. 14.4 mi each way really allows me to do some miles during the week and spend lots of time with my new little girl Greta. Now that I commute I don't drive home and then get on the bike for a ride. They are combined!