Did Natural Health Cure My Infected Jaw/cheek?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mr-Natural-Health, Jan 1, 2006.

  1. PeterB wrote:

    > Believe it or not, I'm on your side. I also take vitamin c during a
    > cold, but I do this because I know the body expends more vitamin c
    > during illness, not because I expect to have immediate alleviation of
    > symptoms using this particular nutrient.

    I do NOT.

    Vitamin C is for preventing colds. Zinc treats a cold. And, Echinacea
    does neither.

    See the following 3 messages from my Yahoo newsgroup.

    ----------
    From: John Gohde <[email protected]>
    To: HwA
    Subject: Supplements: Zinc Gluconate Reduces Cold Duration And
    Frequency In Children
    Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:49:34 +0000

    Zinc Gluconate Reduces Cold Duration And Frequency In Children
    http://www.docguide.com/news/conten...=48dde4a73e09a969852568880078c249&c=&count=10
    A DGReview

    "11/14/2002
    By Mark Greener

    Zinc gluconate glycine lozenges reduce cold duration and
    frequency, as well as concomitant antibiotic use, in children.

    Researchers from the Heritage Center, Provo, Utah, United States,
    examined the medical charts of 496 school-aged subjects before and
    after the introduction of zinc gluconate glycine lozenges
    (Cold-Eeze). Previous controlled trials suggested that the
    lozenges reduced cold duration.

    The authors defined a cold based on the presence of at least two
    specified signs or symptoms on the same day. They used patient or
    medical staff reports and cold medication usage to determine the
    cold's duration."

    McElroy BH, Miller SP.
    Effectiveness of zinc gluconate glycine lozenges (cold-eeze)
    against the common cold in school-aged subjects: a retrospective
    chart review.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12424502&dopt=Abstract
    Am J Ther. 2002 Nov-Dec;9(6):472-5.
    PMID: 12424502
    ABSTRACT:
    "Therapy with zinc gluconate glycine lozenges significantly
    reduced cold duration and antibiotic use in school-aged subjects."
    ------------------------
    COMMENTS:

    If you feel like you are getting a cold, then take about a gram of
    vitamin C every 30 minutes to a hour, for about six hours.

    Sometimes, you don't respond quick enough with the vitamin C and
    end up with a cold. Once you have come down with a full blown
    cold, I personally find that taking zinc lozenges is more
    effective than vitamin C.
    --
    John Gohde,
    Achieving good Health is an Art, NOT a Science!
    From: John Gohde <[email protected]>
    To: HwA
    Subject: Diet: Nutritional Boost Helps Elderly Ward Off Colds
    Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:44:59 +0000

    Nutritional Boost Helps Elderly Ward Off Colds
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_16288.html
    "Reuters Health
    By Alison McCook
    Thursday, February 26, 2004

    NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - A nutritional supplement
    containing antioxidants, vitamins and minerals appears to
    boost immune system functioning in the elderly, new research
    indicates.

    Elderly participants who downed the specially formulated
    supplement for around 6 months experienced fewer days with
    cold symptoms, and were more likely to show a strong immune
    response to a flu vaccine - a sign their bodies were well
    primed to fight off future infections.

    Study author Dr. Bobbi Langkamp-Henken told Reuters Health
    that supplements are particularly important for the elderly,
    many of whom become deficient in the nutrients they need to
    stay healthy due to decreased mobility, diet restrictions
    resulting from chronic disease and chewing or swallowing
    problems, she said."

    SOURCE:
    Langkamp-Henken B, Bender BS, Gardner EM.
    Nutritional formula enhanced immune function and reduced
    days of symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection in
    seniors.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=14687308&dopt=Abstract
    J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004 Jan;52(1):3-12.
    PMID: 14687308
    --------------------
    From: John Gohde <[email protected]>
    To: HwA
    Subject: Exercise: Keep Colds at Bay
    Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:32:40 +0000

    Regular Exercise Helps Keep Colds at Bay: Study
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_8936.html
    "Reuters Health

    By Alison McCook

    Wednesday, August 14, 2002

    NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - People who exercise regularly appear
    to be less likely than couch potatoes to catch colds, US
    researchers report.

    "Our research provides evidence that being active may actually
    reduce the number of colds people get in a year," lead author Dr.
    Charles E. Matthews of the University of South Carolina in
    Columbia told Reuters Health.

    Given that colds are a leading cause of visits to the doctor and
    missed work days, Matthews added that employers might do well to
    encourage their workers to get off their duffs on a regular
    basis."

    CHARLES E. MATTHEWS; IRA S. OCKENE; PATTY S.
    Moderate to vigorous physical activity and risk of
    upper-respiratory tract infection
    http://ipsapp006.lwwonline.com/content/getfile/2320/1354/3/abstract.htm
    Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2002;34:1242-1248.
    ------------------------
    COMMENTS:

    "Moderate levels of activity have been hypothesized to be
    associated with enhanced immune function."

    But, it is easier to say that Exercise is just plain good for you.
    --
    John Gohde,
    Achieving good Health is an Art, NOT a Science!
    ------------------------
    This Article Concluded:

    ""A healthy, well-balanced diet that includes a variety of
    foods would be the ideal way to get the nutrients we need to
    stay healthy. Unfortunately, this is not always possible"
    for many elderly, Langkamp-Henken said.

    The supplement featured in the current study contained a
    variety of nutrients that previous studies have suggested
    may increase immune functioning in seniors, such as zinc and
    selenium, she noted.

    The formula is not yet commercially available, but
    Langkamp-Henken said she hopes that these findings encourage
    people to distribute it on a wide scale. The supplement was
    developed by Abbott Laboratories, who also funded the
    research.

    During the study, Langkamp-Henken and her team followed 34
    people over the age of 65 for 183 days, half of whom
    consumed an 8-ounce dose of the nutrition-boosting formula
    every day. Participants noted how many days they experienced
    cold symptoms.

    Reporting in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society,
    Langkamp-Henken and her team found that, as a group, people
    who received the formula experienced a total of 78 sick
    days, compared with more than 150 sick days among the
    un-supplemented group.

    In addition, people who received the supplement were more
    likely than others to show a large increase in
    infection-fighting antibodies after being vaccinated against
    the flu.

    Langkamp-Henken, who is based at the University of Florida
    in Gainesville, said the supplement may help boost immune
    function among a large number of seniors because it contains
    many different nutrients, thereby addressing people's
    individual needs."

    ------------------------
    Comment:

    While this study talks about a nutritional supplement, I
    have classified it as diet. Diet may be either eaten or
    drunk (as either custom blended and/or juiced food or from a
    purchased canned formula).

    In this study "subjects in the experimental group consumed
    an average of 7 ounces of formula daily." Hence, I would
    conclude that they are talking about a liquified meal
    replacement food product like Ensure.

    Obviously, if you are eating an adequate diet, the next best
    option is to drink a balanced diet. On the bottom of this
    list would be the option of drinking products like Ensure.
    Some people actually like the taste of this stuff. Also,
    the elderly general lose their sense of taste. That is
    probably why they can tolerate stuff like Ensure better than
    I can.
    --
    John Gohde,
    Feeling Great and Better than Ever!

    Thursday, February 26, 2004

[...]

  3. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    PeterB <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >> PeterB wrote:
    >>
    >> > That doesn't mean your condition
    >> > would not have resolved using your existing store of nutrients even
    >> > without additional vitamins.

    >> Maybe you wait patiently doing absolutely nothing, but I do NOT.
    >>
    >> Just thought that you might want to know, if a car tries to run you
    >> over you should get out of the way. But, of course if you simply
    >> pretend that the car is NOT in front of you, it doesn't mean that it
    >> wouldn't have avoided you anyhow. Does it, Dumb Dumb?

    >Believe it or not, I'm on your side. I also take vitamin c during a
    >cold, but I do this because I know the body expends more vitamin c
    >during illness, not because I expect to have immediate alleviation of
    >symptoms using this particular nutrient. It's not simply a question of
    >taking action, it's a question of knowing which nutrients provide the
    >desired effect, whether that effect is long-term, or short-term.
    >During a bout with influenza, for instance, I choose to take N-acetyl
    >cysteine over echinacea, because it raises white blood cell production
    >and reduces the risk of respiratory infection, and shortens the length
    >of the illness. If vitamin c was helpful in your particular case, I'm
    >all for it.

    So am I. But since this is only a single case, we really don't know
    whether the C did it or not. Maybe something he took earlier did it.
    Maybe it would have resolved regardless. This is the problem with
    anecdotal data -- it's way too subject to the 'post hoc' fallacy.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    "If you can't say something nice, then sit next to me."
    -- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

  4. Rich

    Rich Guest

    "Twittering One" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
> [...]
    > And some kind of a shoot for page 3
    >
    > On the fifth ring of waiting for my emergency
    > Five more rings
    > Four-ced entery
    > Free-loading ****s
    > Too annoyed for words
    > And another bastard came to rob me
    >
    > On the sixth ring of waiting for my emergency
    > Six nasty stab-wounds
    > Five bleeding holes
    > Four stitches needed
    > Three tetanus jabs
    > Two pints of blood
    > In a transfusion needed for me
    >
    > On the seventh ring of waiting for my emergency
    > Seven drinks for comfort
    > Six wounds a-bleeding
    > Five bloody towels
    > Four-bearance needed
    > Three-zing my balls off
    > To-urniquet tightened
    > And a virtual lobotomy
    >
    > On the eighth ring of waiting for my emergency
    > Eight guys arrested
    > Seven wounds a-bleeding
    > Six months remanded
    > Five years to serve
    > Four failed appeals
    > Three years' remission
    > Too well-behaved
    > And they're out, now they're out to get me
    >
    > On the ninth ring of waiting for my emergency
    > Nine nine nine dialed [or 9-1-1 if you prefer]
    > Eight wounds a-bleeding
    > Seven fingers missing
    > Six on the floor
    > Five fingerprints
    > Four-ensic science
    > Three suspects
    > Two or less arrests
    > And some cop film that's on the TV
    >
    > On the tenth ring of waiting for my emergency
    > Ten pints of lager
    > Nine wounds a-bleeding
    > Eight odd intruders
    > Seven swingers swinging
    > Six geezers laying
    > Five dangly "things"
    > Four fingers used
    > Three-some with Rover
    > Two running cameras
    > And a DVD copy for me
    >
    > On the eleventh ring of waiting for my emergency
    > Eleven double-brandies
    > Ten wounds a-bleeding
    > Nine bottles, broken
    > Eight glasses splattered
    > Seven saucers smashing
    > Sick's heaved all over
    > Five minutes' peace
    > Four what it's worth
    > Three hours for clean-up
    > Two bins full
    > And a phone that still rings endlessly
    >
    > On the twelfth ring of waiting for my emergency
    > Twelve large tequilas
    > Eleven wounds a-bleeding
    > Ten pimps a-pimping
    > Nine dealers dealing
    > Eight kilos smuggling
    > Seven mill for laundering
    > Six gangstas shooting
    > Five hours on hold
    > Four-gotten why
    > Free-zer full of dope
    > Too pissed to think
    > And then the police at last answered me...

    LOL!

    Brrrinng . . . brrrinng . . . [click] . . . "You have reached the Beaumont
    County Emergency Services Department. If you have a Fire emergency, press
    '1' now. If you have a Police emergency, press '2' now. If you have a
    Medical emergency press '3' now. If you are not sure of the nature of your
    emergency, stay on the line and an emergency dispatcher will be with you, .
    .. . eventually . . . . . . . . . [click] 'Raindrops keep 'fallin' on my
    head, . . .'"

    [3] . . . "You have reached the Beaumont County Emergency Medical Services
    Department. If you are conscious and breathing, press [1] now . . . "

    ;o) Rich

  5. David Wright wrote:

    > So am I. But since this is only a single case, we really don't know
    > whether the C did it or not. Maybe something he took earlier did it.
    > Maybe it would have resolved regardless. This is the problem with
    > anecdotal data -- it's way too subject to the 'post hoc' fallacy.

    NEWSFLASH!

    People in pain don't care about your 'post hoc' fallacy!

    Vitamin C, Natural Health, or Moi did the trick for me. What I care
    about is NOT having to go see a nasty doctor, and their crappy office
    staff, just so I can get screwed out of my money. And, above all I
    don't want to be operated on when something as simple as vitamin C
    works and has been known to work since 1980 per the full text of the
    research study that I posted.

    Just thought that you might want to know.

  6. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Mr-Natural-Health <[email protected]> wrote:

    >David Wright wrote:
    >
    >> So am I. But since this is only a single case, we really don't know
    >> whether the C did it or not. Maybe something he took earlier did it.
    >> Maybe it would have resolved regardless. This is the problem with
    >> anecdotal data -- it's way too subject to the 'post hoc' fallacy.

    >NEWSFLASH!
    >
    >People in pain don't care about your 'post hoc' fallacy!

    No, they care about getting better. And your touching story is of
    virtually no use to them.

    >Vitamin C, Natural Health, or Moi did the trick for me. What I care
    >about is NOT having to go see a nasty doctor, and their crappy office
    >staff, just so I can get screwed out of my money.

    Gee, Mr. Unnatural Acts, I'm glad you don't have a big fat chip on
    your shoulder. Otherwise, I might question your objectivity (in
    addition to your sanity, which many people already question).

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

  7. David Wright wrote:

    > >> So am I. But since this is only a single case, we really don't know
    > >> whether the C did it or not. Maybe something he took earlier did it.
    > >> Maybe it would have resolved regardless. This is the problem with
    > >> anecdotal data -- it's way too subject to the 'post hoc' fallacy.

    > >NEWSFLASH!
    > >
    > >People in pain don't care about your 'post hoc' fallacy!

    > No, they care about getting better. And your touching story is of
    > virtually no use to them.

    I got better by taking vitamin C.

    And, the ONLY 'they' in this story are the slimy science people who
    will go to any length to avoid admitting that Vitamin C was the correct
    solution, documented by at least one research study dated 1980.

    It is about time that you Geeks actually kept up with the literature.

    Just thought that your having the personality of a constipated warthog
    does not slow down the truth any. :)

  8. JohnDoe

    JohnDoe Guest

    Mr-Natural-Health wrote:

    >>>NEWSFLASH!
    >>>
    >>>People in pain don't care about your 'post hoc' fallacy!

    >>No, they care about getting better. And your touching story is of
    >>virtually no use to them.

    > I got better by taking vitamin C.

    No, you got better *after* taking vitamin C. Correlation is *not* causation.

    > And, the ONLY 'they' in this story are the slimy science people who
    > will go to any length to avoid admitting that Vitamin C was the correct
    > solution, documented by at least one research study dated 1980.
    >
    > It is about time that you Geeks actually kept up with the literature.

    It is about time *you* read up on fallicious reasoning. Oh, that's
    right, actually using your brain makes you a Geek, and you're one of the
    cool guys, so you're no Geek.

    > Just thought that your having the personality of a constipated warthog
    > does not slow down the truth any. :)

    Your posts were a little timid last week, I see you have fully recovered
    to your old overconfident self again, despite the fact that your perfect
    nutritional status did not protect you from getting sick in the first
    place, contrary to your claims it would.

  9. cathyb

    cathyb Guest

    JohnDoe wrote:

    > Mr-Natural-Health wrote:

    > >>No, they care about getting better. And your touching story is of
    > >>virtually no use to them.

    > > I got better by taking vitamin C.

    > No, you got better *after* taking vitamin C. Correlation is *not* causation.
    >
    > > And, the ONLY 'they' in this story are the slimy science people who
    > > will go to any length to avoid admitting that Vitamin C was the correct
    > > solution, documented by at least one research study dated 1980.
    > >
    > > It is about time that you Geeks actually kept up with the literature.

    > It is about time *you* read up on fallicious reasoning. Oh, that's
    > right, actually using your brain makes you a Geek, and you're one of the
    > cool guys, so you're no Geek.
    >
    > > Just thought that your having the personality of a constipated warthog
    > > does not slow down the truth any. :)

    > Your posts were a little timid last week, I see you have fully recovered
    > to your old overconfident self again, despite the fact that your perfect
    > nutritional status did not protect you from getting sick in the first
    > place, contrary to your claims it would.

    Ah, Mr Unnatural.

    The guy who wrote:

    "Healthy people don't get sick, period."

    "I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours." (except for this time?)

    And the all-time classic (if a little off-topic):

    "Yes if you are a moron, like David, niggers are very nice people that
    you really want to get to know. Assuming of course, you want to be a
    drunk, druggie, sell drugs, rape, or otherwise destroy the
    neighbourhood for the hell of being a black male youth."

    Eew.

    Cathy

  10. cathyb wrote:

    Ah! The classic negative attitude of a scientist in action.

    Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

    You are just plain negative and nasty. :)

    You have the personality of a constipated warthog.

    You are a Benjamin Rush of the new millennium. :(
    http://pages.hosting.domaindirect.com/naturalhealthperspective.com/tu...

    "Benjamin Rush (1745-1813) was a member of the Continental Congress, a
    signer of the Declaration of Independence, a combater of yellow fever,
    the founder of psychiatry in America, and an obstinate believer in
    miasmas and bloodletting. Rush was arguably the most famous and
    influential American doctor of his time. He is, also, the classic
    example of everything that is wrong with allopaths."

    "Some allopaths, like Rush, used science, but none of them used the
    scientific method in their practices."

    Sorry to inform you, but YOU are NOT:
    1. Practicing the scientific method, now.
    2. Furthering the noble cause of the scientific method, now.

    Anybody can claim to believe in science, but that is not what counts.
    Nor, has it ever counted.

    Only the scientific method counts, and you dear fool are NOT presently
    engaging in the scientific method in any shape, way, or form.

    What you are presently doing is engaging in slime-bucket tactics, that
    actually mocks the high road of the scientific method.

    Just my opinion, but I am right as usual.

    --
    Recommended anti-crackpot web pages:
    http://www.quackpotwatch.org/

    > The guy who wrote:
    >
    > "Healthy people don't get sick, period."

    References? Hyperlinks? Exactly where did you get this from?

    I am on the record for saying that healthy people do NOT routinely get
    sick. If you do, you are doing something wrong. Any other quote is
    clearly take out of context.

    I have never ever claimed that I do NOT sick. My health history has
    been posted so many times, you probably know it better than your own.

    If I happen to have made that statement in a newsgroup post: Bite
    Me!!! I could NOT care less Warthog. :)

    > "I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours." (except for this time?)

    Define sick? I was referring to nausea.

    If I was sick longer than 8 hours in this case, it was because I waited
    a couple of days before taking any extra vitamin C. And, when I did I
    got better in about 8 hours. :)

    Just thought that you Brits might want to get a life.

  11. cathyb

    cathyb Guest

    Mr-Natural-Health wrote:

    > cathyb wrote:

    <snip repeated irrelevant shit>>
    > > The guy who wrote:
    > >
    > > "Healthy people don't get sick, period."

    > References? Hyperlinks? Exactly where did you get this from?

    04/12/2004 N-H-P

    > I am on the record for saying that healthy people do NOT routinely get
    > sick. If you do, you are doing something wrong. Any other quote is
    > clearly take out of context.

    It's a stand-alone statement. "Healthy people don't get sick, period."
    You said it.

    > I have never ever claimed that I do NOT sick. My health history has
    > been posted so many times, you probably know it better than your own.
    >
    > If I happen to have made that statement in a newsgroup post: Bite
    > Me!!! I could NOT care less Warthog. :)
    >

    > > "I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours." (except for this time?)

    > Define sick? I was referring to nausea.

    No, you were referring to flu. Having just said that you had never had
    the flu, you said "When I do get sick, I NEVER stay sick for more than
    8 hours." A contradiction in itself.

    > If I was sick longer than 8 hours in this case, it was because I waited
    > a couple of days before taking any extra vitamin C. And, when I did I
    > got better in about 8 hours. :)

    Cretin. "When I do get sick, I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours."
    NEVER.

    > Just thought that you Brits might want to get a life.

    Thought it was interesting that having posted a pile of irrelevant shit
    you snipped the off-topic stuff of yours that I posted:

    "

  12. cathyb wrote:
    > Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
    >
    > > cathyb wrote:
    > >

    > <snip repeated irrelevant shit>>
    > > > The guy who wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "Healthy people don't get sick, period."

    > > References? Hyperlinks? Exactly where did you get this from?

    > 04/12/2004 N-H-P
    >

    > > I am on the record for saying that healthy people do NOT routinely get
    > > sick. If you do, you are doing something wrong. Any other quote is
    > > clearly take out of context.

    > It's a stand-alone statement. "Healthy people don't get sick, period."
    > You said it.
    >

    > > I have never ever claimed that I do NOT sick. My health history has
    > > been posted so many times, you probably know it better than your own.
    > >
    > > If I happen to have made that statement in a newsgroup post: Bite
    > > Me!!! I could NOT care less Warthog. :)
    > >

    > > > "I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours." (except for this time?)

    > > Define sick? I was referring to nausea.

    > No, you were referring to flu. Having just said that you had never had
    > the flu, you said "When I do get sick, I NEVER stay sick for more than
    > 8 hours." A contradiction in itself.
    >

    > > If I was sick longer than 8 hours in this case, it was because I waited
    > > a couple of days before taking any extra vitamin C. And, when I did I
    > > got better in about 8 hours. :)

    > Cretin. "When I do get sick, I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours."
    > NEVER.
    >

    > > Just thought that you Brits might want to get a life.

    > Thought it was interesting that having posted a pile of irrelevant shit
    > you snipped the off-topic stuff of yours that I posted:
    >
    > 'And the all-time classic (if a little off-topic):
    >

    > "Yes if you are a moron, like David, niggers are very nice people that
    > you really want to get to know. Assuming of course, you want to be a
    > drunk, druggie, sell drugs, rape, or otherwise destroy the
    > neighbourhood for the hell of being a black male youth." '

    Another one of those illiterate Geeks with a major attitude problem who
    doesn't know how to hyperlink an old newsgroup post.

    Ha, .... Hah, Ha!

    Sorry, but I have already wasted more than enough of my time conversing
    with an uneducated ignoramus.

    Perhaps, If you got another higher degree in Buffoonery?

    Bye ....

  13. cathyb

    cathyb Guest

    Mr-Natural-Health wrote:

    > cathyb wrote:
    > > Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
    > >
    > > > cathyb wrote:
    > > >

    > > <snip repeated irrelevant shit>>

    > > > References? Hyperlinks? Exactly where did you get this from?

    > > 04/12/2004 N-H-P
    > >

    > > > I am on the record for saying that healthy people do NOT routinely get
    > > > sick. If you do, you are doing something wrong. Any other quote is
    > > > clearly take out of context.

    > > It's a stand-alone statement. "Healthy people don't get sick, period."
    > > You said it.
    > >

    > > > I have never ever claimed that I do NOT sick. My health history has
    > > > been posted so many times, you probably know it better than your own.
    > > >
    > > > If I happen to have made that statement in a newsgroup post: Bite
    > > > Me!!! I could NOT care less Warthog. :)

    > > > Define sick? I was referring to nausea.

    > > No, you were referring to flu. Having just said that you had never had
    > > the flu, you said "When I do get sick, I NEVER stay sick for more than
    > > 8 hours." A contradiction in itself.
    > >

    > > > If I was sick longer than 8 hours in this case, it was because I waited
    > > > a couple of days before taking any extra vitamin C. And, when I did I
    > > > got better in about 8 hours. :)

    > > Cretin. "When I do get sick, I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours."
    > > NEVER.
    > >

    > > > Just thought that you Brits might want to get a life.

    > > Thought it was interesting that having posted a pile of irrelevant shit
    > > you snipped the off-topic stuff of yours that I posted:
    > >
    > > 'And the all-time classic (if a little off-topic):
    > >

    > > "Yes if you are a moron, like David, niggers are very nice people that
    > > you really want to get to know. Assuming of course, you want to be a
    > > drunk, druggie, sell drugs, rape, or otherwise destroy the
    > > neighbourhood for the hell of being a black male youth." '

    > Another one of those illiterate Geeks with a major attitude problem who
    > doesn't know how to hyperlink an old newsgroup post.
    >
    > Ha, .... Hah, Ha!
    >
    > Sorry, but I have already wasted more than enough of my time conversing
    > with an uneducated ignoramus.
    >
    > Perhaps, If you got another higher degree in Buffoonery?
    >
    > Bye ....

    Ah, Mr Unnatural realises he's contradicted himself (again), has no
    answer, so politely apologises...

    Oh no. As usual, he pretends it didn't happen and resorts to his usual
    idiotic invective.

  14. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Mr-Natural-Health <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> >NEWSFLASH!
    >> >
    >> >People in pain don't care about your 'post hoc' fallacy!

    >> No, they care about getting better. And your touching story is of
    >> virtually no use to them.

    >I got better by taking vitamin C.

    No, you took vitamin C, and later got better. So maybe the C did it
    and maybe it didn't, and that says nothing about what anyone else
    should do, since even if it did work on you, it might not work on
    humans.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    "If you can't say something nice, then sit next to me."
    -- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

  15. JohnDoe

    JohnDoe Guest

    Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
    > cathyb wrote:
    >
    >>Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
    >>

    >>>cathyb wrote:
    >>>

    >><snip repeated irrelevant shit>>

    >>>References? Hyperlinks? Exactly where did you get this from?

    >>04/12/2004 N-H-P
    >>

    >>>I am on the record for saying that healthy people do NOT routinely get
    >>>sick. If you do, you are doing something wrong. Any other quote is
    >>>clearly take out of context.

    >>It's a stand-alone statement. "Healthy people don't get sick, period."
    >>You said it.
    >>

    >>>I have never ever claimed that I do NOT sick. My health history has
    >>>been posted so many times, you probably know it better than your own.
    >>>
    >>>If I happen to have made that statement in a newsgroup post: Bite
    >>>Me!!! I could NOT care less Warthog. :)

    >>>Define sick? I was referring to nausea.

    >>No, you were referring to flu. Having just said that you had never had
    >>the flu, you said "When I do get sick, I NEVER stay sick for more than
    >>8 hours." A contradiction in itself.
    >>

    >>>If I was sick longer than 8 hours in this case, it was because I waited
    >>>a couple of days before taking any extra vitamin C. And, when I did I
    >>>got better in about 8 hours. :)

    >>Cretin. "When I do get sick, I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours."
    >>NEVER.
    >>

    >>>Just thought that you Brits might want to get a life.

    >>Thought it was interesting that having posted a pile of irrelevant shit
    >>you snipped the off-topic stuff of yours that I posted:
    >>
    >>'And the all-time classic (if a little off-topic):
    >>

    >>"Yes if you are a moron, like David, niggers are very nice people that
    >>you really want to get to know. Assuming of course, you want to be a
    >>drunk, druggie, sell drugs, rape, or otherwise destroy the
    >>neighbourhood for the hell of being a black male youth." '

    > Another one of those illiterate Geeks with a major attitude problem who
    > doesn't know how to hyperlink an old newsgroup post.
    >
    > Ha, .... Hah, Ha!
    >
    > Sorry, but I have already wasted more than enough of my time conversing
    > with an uneducated ignoramus.
    >
    > Perhaps, If you got another higher degree in Buffoonery?
    >
    > Bye ....

    Would that degree be available at the same place you got your advanced
    degree in Bigotry?

  16. cathyb wrote:

    Replying, yet again, to the Geeks original post/question/comment.

    > Ah, Mr Unnatural.
    >
    > The guy who wrote:
    >
    > "Healthy people don't get sick, period."
    >
    > "I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours." (except for this time?)

    And, the problem is?

    Ooooh! I know, you got a bug up your arse.

    Ha, .... Hah, Ha!

    The first quote comes from a post of mine dated: Date: 3 Dec 2004.
    http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med/msg/9003878c0a27884f

    Strickly speaking, I was clearly writing about OTHER healthy people
    rhetorically. I was absolutely NOT referring to me as in "I never get
    sick, period." Nope, I never wrote, never said that, nor have I ever
    claimed that.

    So, I shall repeat my query: So, the problem is?

    And, my originally reply to ended with: BITE ME!!!

    Ooooh, once in 55 years my left cheek gets swollen up. On my own,
    without seeing a doctor of any kind, nor talking with a bunch of
    morons, I cured myself with vitamin C in approximatedly 8 hours.

    So, the problem is?

  17. Mark wrote:

    > Actually, your story sounds entirely plausible. Salivary gland backs
    > up and gets painful, you take something that stimulates salivary
    > secretion (vit C), and blow the blockage out of the way.
    >
    > Works for me.
    >
    > Mark, MD

    Ditto!

  18. JohnDoe

    JohnDoe Guest

    Mr-Natural-Health wrote:

    > cathyb wrote:
    >
    > Replying, yet again, to the Geeks original post/question/comment.
    >

    >>Ah, Mr Unnatural.
    >>
    >>The guy who wrote:
    >>
    >>"Healthy people don't get sick, period."
    >>
    >>"I NEVER stay sick for more than 8 hours." (except for this time?)

    > And, the problem is?
    >
    > Ooooh! I know, you got a bug up your arse.
    >
    > Ha, .... Hah, Ha!
    >
    > The first quote comes from a post of mine dated: Date: 3 Dec 2004.
    > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med/msg/9003878c0a27884f
    >
    > Strickly speaking, I was clearly writing about OTHER healthy people
    > rhetorically. I was absolutely NOT referring to me as in "I never get
    > sick, period." Nope, I never wrote, never said that, nor have I ever
    > claimed that.

    So you're not healthy? Does that mean you do not follow your own advice
    or is it the other possibility - your advices do not make a person healthy?

    > So, I shall repeat my query: So, the problem is?
    >
    > And, my originally reply to ended with: BITE ME!!!
    >
    > Ooooh, once in 55 years my left cheek gets swollen up. On my own,
    > without seeing a doctor of any kind, nor talking with a bunch of
    > morons, I cured myself with vitamin C in approximatedly 8 hours.
    >
    > So, the problem is?
    >
    > Ooooh! I know, you got a bug up your arse.

    Would vitamin C help? Do tell, you're the 'expert'.

  19. JohnDoe wrote:

    > > Strickly speaking, I was clearly writing about OTHER healthy people
    > > rhetorically. I was absolutely NOT referring to me as in "I never get
    > > sick, period." Nope, I never wrote, never said that, nor have I ever
    > > claimed that.

    > So you're not healthy? Does that mean you do not follow your own advice
    > or is it the other possibility - your advices do not make a person healthy?

    What?

    Are you saying that you cannot understand or even use the English
    language precisely? Must be because you keep on asking the same stupid
    questions over and over again.

    I recommend that you take Vitamin C until you manage to flush out that
    bug that crawled up your arse. :)

    I am perfectly healthy and in excellent health, thank you.

    I did NOT write just one sentence, Dumb Dumb. I wrote a paragraph that
    included that sentence. And, I wrote an entire post that included that
    paragraph. Try reading the second sentence in that paragraph. Then
    look up the word 'rhetorically' in your dictionary. Learn to read the
    English language precisely. Learn to always keep my comments in the
    context of what I actually wrote rather your delusional brain that
    keeps on malfunctioning.

    Just thought that you might want to know.

  20. PeterB

    PeterB Guest

    Mr-Natural-Health wrote:
    > JohnDoe wrote:
    >
    > > > Strickly speaking, I was clearly writing about OTHER healthy people
    > > > rhetorically. I was absolutely NOT referring to me as in "I never get
    > > > sick, period." Nope, I never wrote, never said that, nor have I ever
    > > > claimed that.

    > > So you're not healthy? Does that mean you do not follow your own advice
    > > or is it the other possibility - your advices do not make a person healthy?

    > What?
    >
    > Are you saying that you cannot understand or even use the English
    > language precisely? Must be because you keep on asking the same stupid
    > questions over and over again.
    >
    > I recommend that you take Vitamin C until you manage to flush out that
    > bug that crawled up your arse. :)
    >
    > I am perfectly healthy and in excellent health, thank you.
    >
    > I did NOT write just one sentence, Dumb Dumb. I wrote a paragraph that
    > included that sentence. And, I wrote an entire post that included that
    > paragraph. Try reading the second sentence in that paragraph. Then
    > look up the word 'rhetorically' in your dictionary. Learn to read the
    > English language precisely. Learn to always keep my comments in the
    > context of what I actually wrote rather your delusional brain that
    > keeps on malfunctioning.

    He's a pharma blogger. Your ideas and experiences don't matter to him.