did Sheldon's ghost kill rbt?

Crescentius Vespasianus

Guest
For a couple of weeks the earthlink news
servers blocked all posts from rbt, rbr.
It looks like a massive spam attack of
hundreds of posts selling watches and
other garbage, had hit those two newsgroups.

In article <[email protected]>,
Crescentius Vespasianus <[email protected]> wrote:

> For a couple of weeks the earthlink news servers blocked all posts
> from rbt, rbr. It looks like a massive spam attack of hundreds of
> posts selling watches and other garbage, had hit those two
> newsgroups.

Weird. I saw basically none of those.

Tim McNamara wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Crescentius Vespasianus <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> For a couple of weeks the earthlink news servers blocked all posts
>> from rbt, rbr. It looks like a massive spam attack of hundreds of
>> posts selling watches and other garbage, had hit those two
>> newsgroups.

> Weird. I saw basically none of those.

ipHouse likely deleted most of the spam.

I did not see them either, so news.motzarella.org must be doing
effective spam filtering. For a while they were also filtering Sorni -
wait, is that not about the same thing? ;)

news:[email protected]...

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:26:14 -0500

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:
> I think the thread title is disrespectful to Sheldon.
>>> You are at liberty to change the title.
>>>

>> I know, but felt it needed to be said and associated with the thread.

> Changing the title does not change the threading.
> Threading is accomplished through the References:
> header line. Here are some of the header lines
> from your message to which I am now replying.

> Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
> Subject: Re: recent spam, title changed.

I understand. I'm on Thunderbird and one of the options is to view only
unread threads, in which case changing the subject might make it appear
to be a different heading, if it's at the top of the unread threads. I
appreciate your comments, though.