Did Ullrich retire because nothing changed?

thunder said:
They do things during tours that would not immediately be assumed.
Such as ride their bikes up next to impossible climbs, sprint in packs on tight and twisty roads, and entertain the fans. It's as simple as that.
WADA needs to follow this forum to get all the info it needs to control the doping. Here we have the answers who's clean, what type of blood transfusions, and why rumours are fact.
Here we get to scream about the "fraud" the riders are imposing upon us, and yet.......... We get to enhance the "He said, they said," into something that does not even remotely resemble the original statements.

cyclingheroes said:
On the wall!

Did you receive the pdf lfile ast week? I only grap pdf copies as I do not intend to pay any money for magazines that are making money with destroying other people's reputation by publishing stories in which somebody said that somebody else said that somebody said something...

Yes and I had Thomas look over my shoulder and translate. He thought is was pretty much fluff without substance.

limerickman said:
That particular stage is worht recalling because both Landis and, from memory, Menchov both went through a very bad phase.
Both riders "lost" their legs that day : and from memory menchov had been going particularly well.
or else I'm confusing the race/rider identity - but I'm almost sure it was menchov who struggled that day too.
You're right! If you remember when Hamilton's doping programme from Fuentes was published last year, part of it stated that Hamilton was to ride easy in that year's Dauphine.
It was released (as far as I remember) not long after the '06 Dauphine, and at that time the similarity to Landis' Dauphine performace struck me.
I didn't realise that Menchov had done the same.

Wonder if that was what Valverde was at this year?

Moller said:
You're right! If you remember when Hamilton's doping programme from Fuentes was published last year, part of it stated that Hamilton was to ride easy in that year's Dauphine.
It was released (as far as I remember) not long after the '06 Dauphine, and at that time the similarity to Landis' Dauphine performace struck me.
I didn't realise that Menchov had done the same.

Wonder if that was what Valverde was at this year?
I think Valverde misunderstood his program and rode easily during the Tour.

jhuskey said:
Yes and I had Thomas look over my shoulder and translate. He thought is was pretty much fluff without substance.
Ofcourse it was, but there was an interesting line in the article. Jan allegedly spoke about d at TM in 2007 (Peve - TM 1:0), Jan allegedly asked for D. at the 2006 Giro (Peve - State prosecuter of Bonn 1:0). etc. I think it was a set-up and Peve knew very well about the story. I think he thought it out with D'Hont. That was the interesting part of the story (if my speculation is true).

The way Focus works is.... well I better not tell, even we need something to eat sometimes...:D

cyclingheroes said:
Ofcourse it was, but there was an interesting line in the article. Jan allegedly spoke about d at TM in 2007 (Peve - TM 1:0), Jan allegedly asked for D. at the 2006 Giro (Peve - State prosecuter of Bonn 1:0). etc. I think it was a set-up and Peve knew very well about the story. I think he thought it out with D'Hont. That was the interesting part of the story (if my speculation is true).

The way Focus works is.... well I better not tell, even we need something to eat sometimes...:D

If you say "Focus" three times really fast it sound like two entirely different words.
Hmmm!
Btw: While other Americans are stuffing themselves as we speak I had my heavy Thanksgiving meal early at lunch,but not too much and I just got off the trainer.
I am so proud of myself I think I deserve a drink. Maybe two! :cool:

The judge in the court case between Ullrich and Franke wants to travel to Spain... to hear Fuentes as a witness.

cyclingheroes said:
The judge in the court case between Ullrich and Franke wants to travel to Spain... to hear Fuentes as a witness.

Don't forget Jan has a birthday Sunday. I am going to e-mail him greeting shortly.

cyclingheroes said:
What is the chance that Fuentes will talk? He hasn't so far.

Bro Deal said:
What is the chance that Fuentes will talk? He hasn't so far.
Fuentes won't, he is a doctor so he has the right to say nothing. That's why I did not publish the story on the CH site. It's a lot of fuzz about nothing. But it's a nice story for German media, they have an alibi to write Fuentes - Ullrich - doping so they can sell a few more papers and mags.

cyclingheroes said:
Fuentes won't, he is a doctor so he has the right to say nothing. That's why I did not publish the story on the CH site. It's a lot of fuzz about nothing. But it's a nice story for German media, they have an alibi to write Fuentes - Ullrich - doping so they can sell a few more papers and mags.
The right to say nothing is only for his customers. He has 2 choices, he could say, at best, "Jan his one of my customers, so I can say nothing about him".
If he would not chose it, he would become a "normal people" accountable of his words.

poulidor said:
The right to say nothing is only for his customers. He has 2 choices, he could say, at best, "Jan his one of my customers, so I can say nothing about him".
If he would not chose it, he would become a "normal people" accountable of his words.
Yes but even if the court knows that Jan is one of his customers, that's not enough for Franke to win the case.

Second: Since the Fuentes case still isn't completly over for Fuentes (the Spanish government appealed against closing the case) he also can refuse to say anything because he is allowed not to give evidence which can be used against him as a suspect.

Third: Even if he says something it probebly won't be very interesting: "Well its a long time ago. I can't remember that anymore. Who? Ullrich? Isn't that a cyclist. Could be, I don't know."

By the way: It isn't even sure the Spanish government will allow the German judge to interrogate Fuentes.

CH : I think that you're correct when you say Fuentes will say nothing.

It's important to remember that Fuentes allegedly had customers in other sports too, notably football and tennis.
I don't think that it is in Fuestes interests to say deny/confirm anything as it stands right now.

And to think that sport could ever come to this.
Very disheartening.

Crankyfeet said:
Congratulations Jan...
who is that Rene Schuijlenberg character :p

in all seriousness, Jan looks healthy. Great to see.

Has he been hitting the gym, seems to have you beaten Heroes on the "guns" equation.

cyclingheroes said:
Jan Ullrich received Cyclingheroes Award At Terra-S Headquarters
http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id1939.html

Jezus some serious competition in the "best retired rider 2007"... with Beloki & Boogard a distance 2nd & 3rd..... you should have named the category "best rider involved in a doping saga 2007"....... jan looks fit but Christ he should be on the front cover of Time now a running for Governor of California..... what a waste......