Did You Ever Ride Your Bike While Being Drunk?

Lizel

Feb 17, 2015
Lol, I did numerous times when I was younger, nowadays I don't because I wouldn't like the police to catch me and also it's just not safe for you at all, on the contrary you could have an accident and risk your own health.

Reactions: haleylx4
No I've never rode my bike while drunk and I don't intend to. Sure might seem like fun and a laugh at the time but the risk of being hurt or causing an accident outweighs the fun aspects for me.

It requires a lot of balancing to ride a bike. I am not sure if I will be able to do that if ever I will be drunk. That is just a thought but I will never ever get drunk and ride a bike or drive a car. There are some friends of mine who can manage to drive even when under the influence of alcohol but that is very risky.

Keyan said:
It requires a lot of balancing to ride a bike. I am not sure if I will be able to do that if ever I will be drunk. That is just a thought but I will never ever get drunk and ride a bike or drive a car. There are some friends of mine who can manage to drive even when under the influence of alcohol but that is very risky.
It also depends on the amount of alcohol you have drunk and how dizzy you feel afterwards.

I think I did it once at a party. Everyone kind of was hanging out by the streets and was playing with some kids little scooter and bike. So naturally we all took turns riding the bike. Not the smartest thing to do. Everyone was doing it, so what the hell right? Nobody got hurt. It was in a coldersack and we stayed within the vicinity.

No. For one I'm not partial to drinking and I'm more of a teetotaler. Secondly, there are already too many drunk drivers, pedestrians and perhaps cyclists on the local roads. The last thing I'd like to do is add to the already existing carnage on South African roads. The only fluids I ever carry with me when I'm on my bike is water and Gatorade.

Nope. The people in my city are so anti-cyclist already. I think if I tried to ride while my balance/vision/senses were impaired, I would get plowed down by a pick-up.

Never. That is just dangerous and asking for trouble. Why would someone ever think of doing that? One of my dads closest friends was drunk and went walking getting hit by a 18 wheeler. Imagine if he was on a bike...

It just doesn't bear thinking about.

Yeah the thought of being on a bike and swerving around while drunk is funny, but the reality is very much different.

Susimi said:
No I've never rode my bike while drunk and I don't intend to. Sure might seem like fun and a laugh at the time but the risk of being hurt or causing an accident outweighs the fun aspects for me.
I feel like it would be funny to watch, but doing it would be extremely difficult haha.

I've done it once and it was a total disaster, my balance just wasn't there. It took me three tries before I was able to get on the bike and not have it immediately tip over. It was late at night and we were on some back roads that don't see much traffic so it wasn't really dangerous, just stupid.

AtlantaSports said:
I feel like it would be funny to watch, but doing it would be extremely difficult haha.
I think this is the key. My friends had a lot more fun watching me attempt to ride than I did actually riding haha.

I've never drank before and never plan on doing so. Seen too many people turn their life into **** by doing stupid things like this.

Hmm, I don't think this thread applies to me since I only bike for leisure and socializing. Besides, I am not a drinker. But some of my riding colleagues say that they sometimes go on tours with drinking sessions in the destination. So what happens at the end of the day is that they ride on their way back home. The only safety precaution is their sheer number since they are an organized group of more than 50 cyclists. Even at night, they have no apprehension in riding.. drunk... because of the peer support.

I've never done it but I've seen some friends do it. It was such a bad idea but they didn't seem to care. I was ready for a disaster but everything went well. My uncle actually hurt his face really bad doing this and I guess that's why I've never done it. I ride to have fun and I don't really like drinking so that's why the thought never crossed my mind.

No. What a universally stupid thing to do. It should carry stiff penalties. If you can't drive drunk (don't care if you think you can, because you are wrong) why on earth would you try and ride a bicycle drunk? It is just stupid.

Haha, yes I did and even if I agree that it's stupid, it's a great experience. Off the road of course!