Did you have to overcome anxiety when you first started?

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by Veater, Jun 4, 2016.

1. ballyhara

ballyhara Member

I had to deal with anxiety issues about cycling, when I was a kid and had my first bike. As an adult it was easier because I already knew at least the basics. But I guess learning to ride a bike as an adult can be really stressing, mostly due to the fact we are not that fearless, and we always think people will laugh at us. Well, that had happened to me too, and I've discovered the only one affected is me, so I'm taking a new attitude about those kind of silly things. I just enjoy whatever I want to do, and believe me it's way much better.

2. mitan143

mitan143 New Member

It depends how passionate the lady is to cycling. For me, I enjoy cycling since I was a kid because I was a risk taker before. Yes, I consider biking as a risky thing because it has some thrills and I enjoy activities with thrills. I even tried bike tricks just like what I have watched to YouTube videos with cyclist doing tricks but I think it is not my thing anymore because I injured my right arm.

3. ajahcuizon

ajahcuizon New Member

I have experienced the same thing and believe me, it took time for me to start riding a bicycle. It is not that I'm not comfortable riding a bicycle, but I am conscious on what other people will say about me. Especially in our place that some men used on cat-calling women, and that makes me very uncomfortable. I gave time for myself to think and to condition myself not to listen on them and just focus on what I really wanted to do. Focusing on anxiety will not bring me closer to my goal instead it will draw me farther from it. So I noted to my mind to just ignore them and just do my own business.