Did You Ride Today?

34 degrees and the snow machine started up again at 2 PM. We got about an inch by 6 PM and it quit. Of course.

I hit the trainer for 47 minutes and the legs were tired. No snap, little power and the quads hurt. I kept at it and worked through the pain, but it was a medium effort at best. No intervals, a few feeble punches and even though I could still get my heart rate near maximum and was breathing just fine, the fatigue factor was evident.

More snow and freezing rain overnight. More of the same on Saturday with it turning to just all rain in the afternoon. I'm thinking Sunday will be the earliest chance at hitting the roads again.

35-39 degrees with rain and drizzle all day. Now, it's turning to freezing rain and snow.

I hit the trainer for 1 hour and 3 minutes. 30 minutes of easy stuff with 35 minutes of trying to max it out. Overall, a good workout.

Spent Friday & Saturday out on the single speed doing my light rolling 15 mile loops. Add in some cold weather and kicking wind and it makes for a great workout.

37 degrees and a light mist in the air. Perfect! Let's ride!

I got out for a little 16-mile ride at an easy tempo. The roads were mostly drying with a few very wet areas from melting snow. It felt good to breathe real air and feel the 7 MPH wind in my face.

I made adjustments to the bar rotation and when I got home I un-taped them and moved the brake/shifter hoods. Pain in the ass, but it needed done. It takes me 3 months to get a new bike dialed in and the Ribble R872 is proving no exception! I'm sitting on saddle number three and stem number two. It's getting closer...

47 degrees and very overcast. The wind was a light 6 to 7 MPH as the rain will be moving into the area this evening.

I had time to get a quick 24-mile ride in with just under 1400' of climbing. I rode the hills like a drug crazed, gear-limited junior and got the heart rate to 184 twice doing hill sprints. I also over-dressed by a layer and was sweating my ass off on the climbs. I'm not used to it being this warm after the last week of cold temperatures and wind.

I didn't set any course records, but was performing well again for this time of year and the cool temperature. A nice first day of Spring ride, for sure!

10 miles on the trainer with Zwift yesterday 219 avg power. Too much snow, so this passed as my first test ride for the new bike.Shifting felt smooth, my positioning feels different. I never used another bike besides the synapse, the top tube feels much shorter. It doesn't take much to get lower on this bike. I've only been using spd pedals with mountain bike shoes and have my first pair of road shoes....I;ll have to get use to only clipping in 1 side. Think this cycling season will be interesting.

U, what stem length did the BMC come with? You're young and still probably very flexible. Don't be afraid to buy a 10 MM longer stem and give it a try. It's a 10-minute swap.

Double check your seat setback with a plumb line and measure the reach carefully between the two bikes.

I downloaded YP New Gen. episodes 10 & 11 and watched them. Matching 'Colmago's'! A 'Folt'! 'Bianche' and 'TRAK'. LOL!

29 hard training miles this afternoon in sweet 56 degree sunshine!

The wind was 9 to 14 MPH, but manageable. I kept the RPM's high and the gears down a bit knowing I had just a hair less than 1500' of climbing ahead. Taking advantage of every downhill and down grade I would boot it up a few gears, get low and see how the power curve was going...not bad for March, but still in need of some major long rides and big efforts.

I don't know why, but this course 'feels' more difficult than the numbers present. No clue if it's the spacing of the climbs, the wind on the climbs, the steepness or what, but it always kicks my ass. It's a fun loop though! I was stronger than the wind this afternoon and able to do pretty good on the climbs this time.

Back to Winter tomorrow. Something like 35 degrees for a high. Bummer!

I downloaded YP New Gen. episodes 10 & 11 and watched them. Matching 'Colmago's'! A 'Folt'! 'Bianche' and 'TRAK'. LOL!

My favorite part was when Kinjou and Arakita were speaking about being on the same cycling team. Thats an interesting pair, don't think they will, but it'd be interesting to see them race together.

The bike has a 120mm stem with the angle tipped up and 3 spacers on it... I'll start with taking the spacers out and see how it feels. Its pretty low even with the spacers and the stem angle tilted upward.

Flip that stem. Install it with the least upward angle and then start pulling spacers out from under it.

120 MM 'should' be long enough for all but the guys with gorilla arms.

Re: YP...yeah that was weird bringing the college guys into the script. It will be interesting to see who makes the Inter High team. My guess is the SS guys do not make the team and the guy that finished 2nd in the First Year race (the second year rider in Sohoku kit) will improve and get on the squad.

24 degrees this morning with snow flurries. Bah!

Haven't done any training in over a week. Damn upper respiratory infection still hanging on. Can't even think about getting warm without coughing. Missed a beautiful day yesterday near 80 f.

34 degrees, but the sun was shining and the roads were dry. I headed out and did a medium pace 17 miles with a couple of really easy miles just rolling along with a 12 to 14 MPH tail wind.

Just under 600' of climbing so a pretty flat route with only the wind to contend with and it wasn't bad.

50 degrees and sunshine with the wind a stead 7 to 9 MPH. I had time for another 17-mile medium tempo spin. Around 55' of climbing with a little sustained high speed runs thrown in as I cruised across the valley floors.

I was late getting started because I had to pull a wheel off the car and take it to get a new tire mounted. The local roads killed another Goodyear Eagle!

70 degrees and sunny, but the wind was brutal. 17 to 21 MPH steady with gusts to 30 MPH. Once again, blown all over the road.

27 miles with 1225' of climbing. The climbing was easy. The wind hurt!

I was in short sleeves and could have ditched the tights. The warm air and sunshine felt great! I stayed on the drops a lot, trying to stay low and out of the wind. For the most part it worked. I hammered away one gear down from normal and as long as could keep the revs up it was fairly easy to work through the 'steady' part of the wind. Those gusts though...

I honor of the start of the Northern Classics, I did a fast, flat 42 mile ride this afternoon. It got up to 69 degrees on an overcast Saturday with the wind a low 6 to 10 MPH.

I kept them turning over at a fast clip and only slowed to pick up a pair of like new Kinco 909 Leather Driver's Gloves that were laying along the berm and later a pair of Ruf Flex Thermo Hi-Vis Dipped Palm work gloves, similarly lost on the side of the road.

Only 1250' of climbing, so a pretty flat run, Some of it paralleled a river and old canal bed and there was zero serious climbing on this course.

65 degrees and overcast today with the wind running 15 to 16 MPH with a few higher gusts.

I headed out for some climbing on dead legs. That high RPM / high speed flat run yesterday took the snap out of them. I climbed easily over the steep stuff and ended up doing just under 1500' in 25 miles.

The first rain drops hit me three miles from the truck and that was the fastest I moved during the ride. /the rain lasted maybe 15 minutes and the sun came out! Damn!

Out of shape....Did my first real ride outdoors ride in months and really felt it. In the 30's and the roads were wet. Used the new bike and road pedals, the bike fit felt comfortable and it seems to corner better than my previous one. It seems to push through the wind as well. The wheels feel a little basic, but sturdy as expected (thanks Campybob and Froze for the input). 33.7 miles/15.8 mph/1430 ft. A decent ride for how much I've been slacking. I know i'll be back to my old self in a month or so.

65 degrees and partly cloudy today with the wind at 9 to 13 MPH.

I headed out to do some more climbing and ended up with 1400' of vertical including two 18% little walls. The legs are holding up fairly well to this late Winter block of training. Warmer weather will help the power come back on cam!

Zwift, First time using a trainer for an hour, actually felt immersed in the game. 17.8 miles/17.9 mph/204 avg power/966 max/1300 ft. I like having the data thats not currently available on my road setup. Their were many steep grades and my out of tune synapse was clunking gears big time. I need to get it into the shop soon.