Did You Ride Today?

Probably just stretched your new derailleur cable a bit as it was breaking-in. Try turning your rear D adjusting barrel out (counter-clockwise) 1/4 revolution at a time and see if that helps.

The 23-mile rides like last night are kicking my butt, U. Everyone in the cold climates are still working to get into road-shape. You're not alone!

204 Watts average on the trainer is great and 966 max. Watts is more than I kick out! Keep up the good work! Your average speed is excellent for a route with 1300' of vertical.

52 degrees and overcast this afternoon after rain all morning. The wind was 10 to 14 MPH and I just had time for a quick 12-mile cruise. Only 425' of climbing so mostly a flat course with lots of wet spots to dodge.

The Ribble R872 rode smoothly and I just spun the pedals and enjoyed the ride.

56 degrees and sunshine this afternoon with the wind running 6 to 14 MPH.

26 miles of fun with 1430' of climbing and trying to keep the revs up into the wind and up the hills. Hardly any traffic and the counties are finally starting to sweep some of the grit off the roads.

It was a good effort and the air felt good moving past me as I tried to stay low on the drops. A good ride!

55 degrees and overcast this afternoon with rain all morning. The roads dried out thanks to the 12 to 16 MPH wind and I headed out.

Only 12 miles, but they were a sprint on a flat out & back with only 400' of climbing. I stood on the gas pedal at the start and never let off. I hit max heart rate multiple times and I have to be buried to do that with almost zero climbing. It was a great, if too short, workout!

Rain moving back in this afternoon. We'll see about tomorrow.

Finally able to go for a longer ride today, because the temp was a hot 45 degrees. Most of March has been very cold or raining, and when it's in the 30's or below I have to keep my outdoor rides short because of my asthma. So todays temp allowed me to do a longer ride with the road bike, instead of short rides with the single speed. Although I have noticed that the legs are feeling really good even know I way below my last years miles. I guess pushing a 52/15 with the ss in cold windy conditions has got the legs ready to roll. Today was just work on spinning and staying seated when climbing. I have to get ready for The Fleche Buffoon ride in PA the end of April.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKgcejXcAFE

Holy ****! You still have some snow cover and 12" to 18" coming? Man, I feel sorry for you, Zipp! Time to get to Florida! Good luck sitting on the trainer through the storm and I hope it all melts off quickly for you.

Totally weird! I'm getting to know your roads routes! Was mentally calling the turns before you took them.

Reactions: zipp2001
56 degrees this afternoon with a steady rain all day. The rain is supposed to end tonight or tomorrow morning.

I hit the trainer for a hard 53 minute session. My legs were shot to Hell from yesterday's sprint run, but I managed to find a decent tempo and pounded out whatever I had left in them. If I hit the road tomorrow it's going to be slow and painful with an embarrassingly low power output.

38 degrees with a cold rain this morning. I took the wife out for breakfast, did some shopping and then did a brake job on the car.

That left time for a 17-mile ride with just 600' of climbing over an easy out & back course. With some minor flooding in the area I had to drive out a ways to find dry roads. The wind was an easy 8-10 MPH and other than being cold, gray and overcast it was a pretty nice rise otherwise. Traffic was non-existent and I kept the tempo just at recovery level for most of the ride.

A little over 27 miles with 2000ft of climbing at a 15.5mph pace. It was a windy day, but this bike seems to cut right through it. I hit a few mile long stretches of serpentine downhills that nearly made me **** myself,lol...As i've said many times, i'm not a strong downhiller, but an aero position will make anyone fly downhill. Between the wing and the aero tuck, I felt very uneasy and would have been going at rocket speed if not for all the braking. At some points, I was barely moving. Like most men, a sense of speed can be a thrill to me, but I know my skills need some work. I was given good climbing legs and decent sprinting relatively early in my cycling, but I've been a little slow to mastering some very necessary skills. I'd give my descending a C at the moment, I'm a slow poke, but i've kept myself from being roadkill thus far.

Asides from that, a few extremely short rides outdoors after work, like 5-10 miles(don't like riding in the dark). and a little zwift here and there.

The water from our awesome ONE INCH of rain the other day is still backing up and the local road flooding increased yesterday and over night, last night. I had to drive almost 10 miles to get away from the flooded valleys and closed roads.

It was 45 degrees when I swung a leg over and 57 degrees when I climbed off 62 miles later. It was a flat course with only 2625' of climbing and the wind was a light 3 to 6 MPH.

Mostly cloudy all morning into the early afternoon and then the sun broke trough the cloud cover right before I got back to the car.

Friday and Saturday it was rain, sleet, and snow all day then Mother Nature gives us low 50's for Sunday. Got to love New England so off for a nice wet and dirty 25 miles with some light climbing. Just set a easy tempo and enjoy the heat of the sun.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec95VNsKw9g

Reactions: Uawadall
Afternoon rain and 65 degrees so I played the pain game on the trainer.

47 minutes on it hurt more than the metric I did yesterday. I held medium to high tempo and I swear it's a torture device. My legs felt great all day. Now...in recovery mode.

2 rides on a Monday work day, rare.... Did an 8 mile loop at sunrise(17.5 mph/250ft) and my 18.3 mile(18.3mph/900 ft) route at sunset. Besides the fact that it has the light mount on it, I rode the old bike both rides. I'll get use to my new one eventually, but still have good vibes with the old one.

It was 58 degrees today and overcast. The sky was seriously dark, the clouds were not the fluffy white sort and there were a few raindrops falling when I set out.

More than the light rain to think about, the wind was going a steady 17 to 24 MPH with gusts to 35 MPH. Once again it was pushing me around and holding a line was weird at times.

I got 22 miles in before the rain started to pick up and right around 1200' of climbing. The work was tough with the wind and dead legs making every climb harder than it should have been. Still, a fun ride with lots of good riding.

Reactions: Uawadall
35 minutes on Zwift, 10 miles/18.1 mph/195w/876 max. Whether its 15 minutes or 4 hours, I'm trying to ride more days of the week.

Nice effort, U! Keep it up! I was talking with an old friend and ex-team mate this morning and he's fit and road-ready after a Winter on his old Powerbeam trainer and Zwift.

27 road miles this afternoon. Just a medium effort. My legs never caught fire and the wind, while less than yesterday at a steady 14 to 17 MPH kicked my ass. I'm a little in need of a recovery day or two, but the sun was out and rain and snow are in the forecast for the next two days. Bummer! Back to the trainer, I guess.

It got up to 68 degrees today. How can it snow tomorrow night? ****. 1" to 2" predicted.

Campybob, looks like you've been the last man standing in this real winter. I think we are done with snow here, hopefully that will be your last for the year. Most of us will be riding in good weather soon enough. Have you've been keeping up with Yowamushi Pedal? I'm starting to really like Teshima (sohuku captain this year). His character encapsulates persistence and hardwork over talent. Something that most can aspire to. The music has been horrible this season though.

Yes, I downloaded and watched episode 12. I have 13 downloaded, but have not watched it yet.

Two consecutive mild Winters have made it easier for me to stay on the bike and outside. I've always been a Winter rider, but snows like Zipp has been getting...no way! That takes all but the fat tire guys off their bikes for a few days or weeks at a stretch.