Did You Ride Today?

Exactly, U. No harm, no foul.

73 degrees this afternoon with the sun shining and the wind at 9 to 13 MPH.

After washing and waxing the car I headed out for a little 22-mile climbing ride. 1200' of vertical and some of it really steep. I paced myself against the wind going out and by the time I was headed for the barn my legs had come around and I rolled in with a good workout to smile about.

I changed clothes and pressure washed the deck and railings.

How about Tommy Doumolin stopping to take a **** in the pink jersey. Insane! And Ilnur Zakarin and Nibs attacked. Wow! What an insane stage!

How about Tommy Doumolin stopping to take a **** in the pink jersey. Insane! And Ilnur Zakarin and Nibs attacked. Wow! What an insane stage!

Bummer, on stage 15 he stops the pack after Quintana crashes so he can get back in the race. He stops to take a dump on stage 16 and they attack him. Wow! :eek:

I don't have the channel to watch it, but I watch the highlights on yt. :D

Konyshev, DS for Katusha, called off Zakarin's initial attack, but after that it was on like Donkey Kong. Nibs, the moron that hung onto a team car for a couple miles at 40 MPH to catch the pack he got dropped from with a problem!...AND got tossed OUT of the Giro after camera footage was showing it 'live'...tells his stage win interview audience, "no one waits for me!".

I hope every time Nibali and Quintana have to take a **** Tommy and Sunweb boot it into hyper-drive and boogie away.

Tomorrow's stage looks to be really hard. If Doumolin has good legs again he's going to win it tomorrow or blow to pieces trying. Nairo will try to crush Nibs and Nibs is going to try and crush everyone.

63 degrees and rain all day. There was a 2-hour dry road window before the rain returned in the late afternoon so I huridly dressed and got a nice 13-mile flat ride in. Only 200' of climbing so next to nothing.

The wind was a steady 14 MPH with gusts to 21 MPH.

Feels like I'm living in the UK with more raining and overcast days. Today the rain went away for a bit, but skies weren't looking good. Was 67 degrees when I got home with a light wind 4-6 and gust tapping out at 10 mph. The legs really felt heavy even before the ride, and the first 7 miles were ugly. I was running anywhere from 2-5 mph slower than normal on the way to the climbs. Once I started the first long climb the legs started to come around, and was able to attack the steeper sections. The next 4 climbs I was hitting on all 2 cylinders, and made up for the slow start. Finished off a fun 24.62 miles at 17.8 mph, and glad I went out and didn't use the dead legs as an excuse to not ride. .

Rain all day...

I guess I needed a really good trainer workout. 48 minutes of the fastest, hardest, highest cadence, highest heart rate average and longest sustained high heart rate workout of the Winter-Spring season.

I killed it. And it killed me. Tomorrow I will regret the intensity, but tonight I'm feeling good.

The basement is really too warm to train in now. I had three fans going and was soaked. Sonnovabitch, that hurt! I got off feeling like I just did a 45-minute crit.

Too tired to post yesterday. Got one more checked off the bucket list. I finally completed a century.
101 miles from Hope, AR to Broken Bow, OK. Turns out there's a few hills on that route.

Reactions: zipp2001
32 miles in 63 degree air.

Semi-fast. My legs were toast...no power, but they would spin fast. Weird. It had rained all morning, but the roads were mostly dry when I through a leg over.

Only 1200' of climbing so a fairly flat course. The wind was only 9 to 10 MPH, but the lack of power made it feel like a headwind no matter what compass heading I was on. Pathetic! LOL!

I did get low on the drops and worked away like a mad man a few times so it was still a good session. When I shoved the bike back into the truck the gray clouds parted and the sun came out. Typical...

Reactions: rm57 and Mr. Beanz
44 solo miles today (16.7 average). Gina had to make goodies for the grandson's a grad party tonight so I went alone. Kind of nice, I was rather early. It's hard to get Gina out of bed on weekends so today I felt like I was the first one out there ha ha!

Somewhat tough too. I swear there was a headwind both ways! :mad:

I did run across a couple of buddies heading to the coast. Weird feeling as it's usually the other way around. I could get used to this "early" thing if Gina would just get out of bed! :D

Joaquin and Ed. Not used to seeing pics of me alone on the bike ha ha! Usually have a few peeps in the background.

DSCN4679.JPG
DSCN4680 (2).jpg

Reactions: rm57 and zipp2001
So...Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas?

It rained last night and this morning until about 10:30 AM. I waited for the roads to dry and then headed out.

53 miles of rolling terrain with 2900' of climbing. The wind was a mile 3 to 6 MPH and I rarely felt it at all. The ride started out very overcast with dark clouds overhead. Just before the halfway point the sun started coming out for a few minutes here and there. I finished with more threatening clouds passing through, but the sun won out and the clouds moved out just as I wrapped up the ride.

It was a good workout session with most of the climbs done at a moderate tempo. There were some tough climbs on the run-in and I didn't want to blow up early. I threw in some time trial segments on the drops and did some fast intervals...one was a 'I'm already spent after topping a steep wall' interval with a new 'Vette sitting behind me.

I had met the new yellow/black top-down 'Vette going the opposite direction at a stop sign about 2 miles back. As we both entered the intersection we each signaled our direction intent to the other. I said, "Very nice!" to him as I passed his door. He thanked me for the compliment and I noticed he had a decent looking gal in the passenger seat.

As he cleared the intersection he lit that thing up in second gear for all it was worth. Hitting third and then fourth he was well over 100 MPH and disappearing rapidly. What a great sound!

Anyway, he turned around and caught me just as I topped the 175' wall that peaks at 15%. I was gassed when I looked over my shoulder to see him starting up the hill as I hit the long false flat over the top...****! I buried myself at 176 BPM for the next 1/2-mile as he sat behind me. Put on my best show and punched it hard just as the road finally leveled out.

He turned off into a driveway and I slowed up and wound my tongue back into my head...

I doubled dipped today. My friend Diamond Dave wanted to ride and wanted to get out by 9am. Early for me but I'll live so arm and leg warmer for me. I took him out for 27 miles with the first half of the ride spent climbing then follow by light rollers home.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6iU9uoz-Fo

The legs were feeling to fresh and strong that I wanted more miles so it was off to the woods for several hours. just a plan fun day out on the road and in the woods.

The weather forecast was ALL wrong today!

They called for state-wide rain starting around noon and lasting all day.

I lit out at 9:45 AM like Zipp and worrying about thrashed legs from yesterday...awww...What? Me worry?! I brought it to a boil and kept the tempo high.

This course has a bunch of painful little walls and a couple three nasty climbs. I didn't want to blow up, but I only had 1 Hr. 45 Min. to play with I figured.

The new Wilier rode perfectly and I was able to sustain near perfect climbing tempos. Not the fastest I've covered this course, but pretty fair considering the workload this week.

I finish up 1400' of climbing with an 87 RPM average cadence. Again, not so pro, but good for an old fart on a 29-mile run with a decent amount of pain in it.

I mowed the neighbor's yard around his house. He's out West and it hadn't been mowed for three fairly wet weeks. @ hours later I started on our yard as the sun came out? What? Where's that rain. Mowed our three main yards and around the barn and grabbed a tractor and hit the fields. 6 PM I got back in the house for a salad and the sun is still out! No rain. We got lucky.

Reactions: rm57
32 miles in 79 degree sunshine! The wind was 13 to 14 MPH and my legs were shot from working around the farm all morning.

1200' of climbing and a was fast for the first half of the ride. I could keep the gears going after that, but the pain was creeping in with every gust of wind and climb.

It was a nice ride and the lack of traffic made it even better.

72 degrees and sunny. I had to pull some maintenance on a piece of equipment so I only had time for a fast 17-mile sprint.

525' of climbing on a flat out & back course. It felt great! The wind was up at 14 to 15 MPH and gusts were hitting 24 MPH. I kept a flat back into it and spun away, having fun despite the effort.

It was a beautiful day to get out and ride, I just wish I had more time to bag some more miles!

Its been raining nearly every day, i've been riding, but nothing the least bit interesting. My boring 18.3 mile route at 18-19 mph and a few Zwift sessions in the 45-1 hour range in the 220-255 watt range.

It rained three times this afternoon, but the roads dried off quickly and I headed out in 75 degree sunshine for a short ride.

Only 18 Miles with 500' of light climbing. The wind was 15 to 16 MPH, but I wasn't into crushing it this afternoon. I just spun it out and enjoyed the sights.

Finally got out after rain, rain, and more rain the last four days. Was in the mood to hit the trails so bagged out 18 miles. Took a skip thru the camp grounds to check out to see if there were any early bird campers. Went thru both sections and saw 8 camping spots out of 150 taken. Still cold nights to be sleeping in a pop up tent.

32 miles in 73 degree sunshine! The wind was at 10 to 14 MPH with a few gusts to 20 MPH...sounds worse than it felt.

The terrain was rolling with some decently tough climbs...right around 1900' of vertical. Some 12%-14% stuff. It was a nice ride on a couple roads I don't hit very often because they are in poor shape. I wasn't disappointed. They mostly sucked. The New Wilier rode well over them and since that stretch of the course was also block into the wind I was on the drops every yard of what I wasn't out of the saddle and climbing.

Traffic was light and I was back to the truck in no time it seemed like.