Did You Ride Today?

Just an easy 12-mile cruise this afternoon in 75 degree sunshine. Only 250' of climbing...er...molehills?...on a flat course.

Going long tomorrow.

Today was a tough one out on the road. Arm and leg warmers on with the temp at 62 but a crisp wind at 12 -14 with some gusts in the 20's then throw in a light rain for the second half of the ride. Lucky if I had 10 miles of flat terrain I was climbing and descending the rest of the ride for a total of 32 miles. Leg's got beat and I knew I was working because my heart rate was in the peak zone for 1 hour and 3 minutes out of the 1 hour and 46 minutes of riding.
Time to recover because I found a nice back road that is quite rolling and has fresh blacktop to hit tomorrow.

It was 58 degrees when I shoved off at 8 AM and 80 degrees and sunny when I finished with 101 miles.

3900' of climbing on a beautiful country course that takes me around two resort lakes. The wind was light at 3 to 9 MPH and one of the resort lakes was celebrating 100 years since its construction and part of that celebration was a bike ride. I saw about 100 riders and road arrows marking at least two routes for them.

Reactions: zipp2001
44 miles with Gina at 16.7 average. She's not been on the bike much lately so I was really shocked she looked really comfortable on the bike today. Didn't complain once of being tired, and didn't call me one bad name today. That's a good sign! :D

060317AA.jpg

I forgot to mention, today I ate a bit more oatmeal for breakfast. Along with the usual lean turkey sausage links.

On the ride I felt good, no energy bar or sport drink required. The 44 miles didn't make me hungry at all and didn't seem to miss the sport drink.

Maybe because it was cooler today. o_O

Reactions: Joe Johnson
72 degrees and really overcast this morning. The radar showed scattered storms and showers moving through the area.

I lit out despite the nasty radar screen and yeah...the ride was cut short by light rain. Just 12 miles and only 200' of climbing. The legs felt good even after yesterday's long ride.

I'm headed out again in a few to see if I can get a few more miles in between the afternoon showers still showing on the radar.

Made one last afternoon attempt at a ride in between storms. Pretty much a failed attempt!

I made all of 7 miles before it poured.

Squeezed in 41 miles on rolling terrain and little hills thrown in and finished right before the skies started to spit out water again. At least the temp was better at 71 degrees and the wind was picking up steady as I got closer to home and the storm rolled in. Nice weekend on the bike, not a ton of miles but it was the quality of the riding that I was happy with.

72 degrees this afternoon and the sun was shining. I saddled up for a fast, hard little climbing ride. 22 miles worth with 1200' of climbing.

I charged it from the get-go and the tailwind leg going out felt good. The legs were still a bit not totally recovered from Saturday and the short rides yesterday with all the rain didn't help smooth things out.

I made the turn for home almost a minute up on a very fast time! Yay. Lost 45 seconds of that with decaying strength fighting into a block 14 to 16 MPH headwind with gusts to 22 MPH. Not so yay, but still on target for a really good ride time.

Should have done the 1-2-3 races across the border in Pennsylvania last weekend. I think I would have finished well in the old farts division. Conditioning feels spot on for this time of year and the numbers seem decent. At least for me!

Getting ready for first cutting of hay...only 62 degrees and really overcast with dark rain clouds all day. No rain, but it sure looked like it could rain any time from sun up until now...7:30 PM.

I got in a decently fast 17 miles under those threatening clouds. The wind was a steady 13 to 17 MPH with gusts to 23 MPH so the work load was a little higher than I needed. Stayed on the drops and tried not to stress the legs. Probably hit the throttle a little more than I should have, but it was a flat course with only 550' of climbing and I don't think I'll be able to get any major miles in through the week. Make up for it with a few more intervals and think about recovery riding later.

Raining 4-5 days a week here... Got a 18.3 mile/18.9mph/900 ft ride in am hour ago.

CAMPYBOB-Keeping up with Yowamushi Pedal? Teshima's doing some inspiring riding and the orange haired rookie from Sohuku is starting to grow on me.

Went out in the woods for a very easy rolling 8 miles. Since my men's ride I've had plenty of people come and ask to join me for a ride. I'm always excited to share the great sport of cycling with others. So today I get a call while at work from a long time friend asking if they could come over and ride with me after work. So I get home and his truck is in the driveway and he's standing by his bike. I go in and get dressed and pull out the mountain bike. So I spend some time fitting him and will tweak his position more as we ride. As we got ready I let him know this ride was mainly to teach him how to shift, and get the feel of the bike. He did really good for his fitness level (none) and hoping to help motivate him to get in better shape.

Reactions: rm57
U, I tried d-loading 20 and 21 today, but the site was down for maintenance. Will try again tomorrow.

It was 68 degrees and sunny this afternoon with the wind a light 5 to 7 MPH.

I did a medium tempo 22-mile ride with 775' of climbing. Went at it when I felt like it and cruised on the drops on the flat stretches. It was a really nice workout. HR hit 185 over one stiff climb.

23 Miles in 72 degree air. Kind of a mix of sunshine and clouds today with the wind a calm 6 to 8 MPH.

Just 725' of climbing over a mostly flat course at medium tempo. I alternated spinning out medium gears with a few high RPM runs in the bigger gears, keeping that to level areas. A fun little ride in the middle of making hay out on the farm.

It got up to 83 degrees today with sunshine. The wind was a steady 15 to 17 MPH with gusts to 22 MPH.

The hay is drying down nicely. I put it in windrows this afternoon after riding and I might bale it up tomorrow.

Just an easy 24 miles. My legs were flat from walking through the grocery store this morning, then climbing the big ladder to do some fascia work on the house, then mow the parts of the yard we didn't get finished yesterday.

I just rolled a steady tempo and there was only 650' of climbing on this course. It was finally hot and I loved being in the sunshine all day.

It's going to hit 89 degrees today and already up to 84. the wind is still up today at 11 to 13 MPH.

I rode early and got in a quick 23-mile ride. Only 600' of climbing. Lots of work to do now as I'll be putting up about 300 bales of hay. Let's sweat!