Did You Ride Today?

I would like some advice on what I should do regarding trading my Trek 1100. It's online priced at 130$. I don't know to much at all really about road bikes and their equipment and value. I took the Trek to a shop to have the clip in pedals changed to regular foot pedals and basic tune up. Is in good condition as far as I know. Receive a trade offer for a 2010 Specialzed Langster. The guy said it was worth 5-600$, but single speed which he's looking for multiple for his commute. If it's a value upgrade which will be sellable then I wouldn't be opposed to that. What I am looking for is a bike I could attach a child's seat behind the bikes seat. To ride with my toddler child. If anyone could share what they know and their opinion it would be much appreciated. Can also post pictures of both bikes also. Gotta figure that out also.

Didn't necessarily mean to post all that. Just ask where to post all that. Might cut my losses and sign up to a different message board lol

Today's TDF stage was pretty exciting with and intense finale.

Rain all morning here in Ohio and this afternoon the sky is still very threatening. The roads are almost dry, but more rain is headed this way. I may get a road ride in...maybe!

Three Cat. 1 climbs today on a short'ish 102 Km stage. Explosive and tons of attacks. Contador and Quintana looked good as did The Great French Hope. Uran, Froome, Aru, Kwietkowski, Martin and the other heavy hitters put on a great show on the last climb. 18%-19% in spots! Yikes! Even with pro motors onthose bikes it looked painful.

The second climb of the day Contador averaged 18 KM/Hr on.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Rain, rain, and more rain everyday this week, but was able to squeeze old some miles during some light showers and in-between downpours.
Today was my early day (during summer 1/2 day Friday's) so I went to pick-up my grand buddy for lunch. Then it was off to go play with trucks in the dirt at gramp's house, followed by a sleep over later today.

Went thru my video footage from my recent marshaling event, and found my favorite part of the event for me. I just Love bikes no matter steel, carbon, aluminum, titanium, ect, road, tri, single speed, fixie, bmx, mountain, cruiser, chopper, ect.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4YWdmgvJgo

22 miles this afternoon under 83 degree sunny sky and the humidity was dropping all day. Wind at 9 to 10 MPH so not so bad at all. Kept it easy and only 725' of climbing. I'll try and do a long ride tomorrow.

Zipp, did you spot just ONE bike on those racks with Campagnolo components? My guess is 99.9% shimaNO and SRAM.

$3000 wheelsets galore!

Reactions: zipp2001
Three Cat. 1 climbs today on a short'ish 102 Km stage. Explosive and tons of attacks. Contador and Quintana looked good as did The Great French Hope. Uran, Froome, Aru, Kwietkowski, Martin and the other heavy hitters put on a great show on the last climb. 18%-19% in spots! Yikes! Even with pro motors onthose bikes it looked painful.

The second climb of the day Contador averaged 18 KM/Hr on.
Nice to see Froome struggle yesterday. I know they day he looked better today but I'm sensing a liite weakness. Which is good, makes it interesting.

I missed today's stage and will watch it in a couple hours.

Long day in the saddle! 101 miles with a little over 4000' of climbing. A beautiful day to ride! The sun was mostly shining with a few semi-threatening clouds rolling through. The wind was anywhere from 3 to 12 MPH and the terrain was mostly gently rolling with a number of steep little climbs.

I ran into the guy I toured Europe with in 1975 on the return leg. He was out on his old Cannondale and we did about 10 miles together before arriving back at his house and splitting.

Weird. I did the entire ride of 3/4 of a bottle of water, 1 gel and half a pack of Bloks. I must have had a really good breakfast! Only 2 cups of coffee. I was never thirsty. Never cramped. Never hit the wall. Nothing. Weird.

I found an iPhone on the road. Stuffed it in a jersey pocket. The screen is lightly cracked and I haven't had time to see how you turn it on or if it's junk. Any advice? It would be great to be able to fire it up and find the owner. He/she might be freaking out about losing it.

26.8 miles/ 3.219 feet of elevation gain today with Mike up toward Mt Baldy. First time up the mountain in a while so we took it easy. High of 98.6 degrees today. Mike thought I was a nut wearing an under layer under my jersey! :D

We cruised up knowing it would be hot, trying to conserve energy and water. Maybe all the local rides I did a few months ago really helped. After doing the local 12-18% short climbs made the mountain roads of 6% a little more tame. I was tired not being used to the constant 13 mile climb any longer but nothing too strenuous. :cool:

Under layer? 98 degrees? :p

DSCN4945.JPG
DSCN4949.JPG
DSCN4956.JPG

Cool little dude I found creeping around home. Took his pic with my good camera. I figure he might have been on Team Bianchi! :D

DSCN4959.JPG

To mis quote Robin Williams is was hot and sticky and thats ok if you are with a woman but not on a bike. Stll better than my evening rides have been.
On a side note I have been bantering about the tour with my friend Thomas in Switerland. He is meeting Jan next week, yes that Jan. He says he is still in good shape. I told him to tell Jan I expect to see him commenting on the TDF next year. That would be cool.

It rained all day yesterday, no century. Its an itch that still needs to be scratched and soon..Both my friend and I requested off for it, but thats that.No way I was spending a day off on Zwift, did 27 miles/1400 ft/17.8mph pace. My braking confidence the rain is improving and I have gotten use to the TMR02.

I wasn't thinking and forgot to take the liners and stuff newspaper in the shoes yesterday, they were soaked. I let them dry off some and left around 11. I did what has become my favorite course, no matter how i'm feeling, it always feels great to go up there. My synapse is getting some new shifters and crankset so I went with the TMR02 on a climbing route. I mention that because, it felt really crappy last time I did that. The bike handled well on the climbs and descends. The route is hilly with some descends and flats along the way. Some of the descends were really fun even for someone who shy's away from speed downhill. The traffic was really slow, maybe a few car every 15 minutes. I felt like i'm getting a little rusty with the climbs, but took no breaks. The scenery looked pretty great, I saw a few riders along the way. It was the most fun i've had on a bike all year. I'm going to due this route more often.

51.3 miles/3,820 ft/15.9mph. A pic from todays scenery

20117054_1704904139550422_7483489867671260736_o.jpg

Campybob, finished Yowamushi Pedal season 3 and it was pretty good. I have a few new favorite characters. Far from finished and they'll be a season 4, but I've heard they'll be a pretty long wait. Nice century, unlike you, I drank my 2 water bottles to the last sip, which is rare. As far as the iPhone goes, most malls have repair stands where they'll fix the screen, hard to say if the cost would outweigh the benefit though.

Last edited:
Zipp, did you spot just ONE bike on those racks with Campagnolo components? My guess is 99.9% shimaNO and SRAM.

$3000 wheelsets galore!

I caught two with Campy, and lots of money spent on wheetsets. I really wanted to take the LeMond out for a spin, love old school.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
Today I was dodging rain shower like I've done the whole past week. The best part is I danced around the rain for 25 miles, and only ran into wet roads the last half mile.
Finished off the ride and took it to the bike cave for a wipe down from the wet roads. The best part is my bestest buddy slept over and always has to join me in the bike cave. So we both clean the road bike and then he wanted to make sure all the bikes had air in the tires.
Then we went out and rode up and down the driveway together.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlrFDZgBMbY

Dayamn!

That's a new iPhone 7 Model A1778 that I found. It's on the T-Mob network.

Believe it or not, I picked up an Apple charger off the road a couple years ago on a ride. Maybe for the iPhone 6 because I don't think the 7 was out then. Well, it fit this phone and I have the battery up to 50%.

Judging my the wallpaper pic and the 4 messages showing the phone belongs to a young kid...possibly a teen or pre-teen boy?

I found the Emergency Call menu when it powered up, but have no idea what number to call or a name. I also can not reply to the messages showing as the phone is basically locked at the home screen and waiting for the user pass code.

I found a switch that turns the ringer on and off and turned it on in hope the owner dials his phone. If he does, will I be able to answer it without the pass code? Or is this thing basically a $650 brick at this point sitting in a $40 Pelican armored case?

OUCH! 60 miles with a couple of buddies today the day after a mountain climb. Goes to show how far out of shape I am, it hurt ha ha! One of my buddies did the climb with me yesterday so I know he was tired too. The other guy was fresh so I used him like a little beotch as much as I could ha ha!

Potty break after the first 25.

071617A.jpg

Talented women out there today! This one could walk and talk on the phone with no hands! :D

0girl2.jpg

To mis quote Robin Williams is was hot and sticky and thats ok if you are with a woman but not on a bike. Stll better than my evening rides have been.
On a side note I have been bantering about the tour with my friend Thomas in Switerland. He is meeting Jan next week, yes that Jan. He says he is still in good shape. I told him to tell Jan I expect to see him commenting on the TDF next year. That would be cool.

Jan was at the Tour...watching from the sidelines like everyone else. He's still persona non gratis. It's ********...just like Lance's life-in-prison-no-parole sentence.

Lance was riding some tourista Tour on the same route. Also not wanted around after both Jan and Lance made billions for the organizers.

31 miles this afternoon. I though my legs would be gassed, but they ran right past redline for me!

79 degrees, warm, only a little humid and glorious sunshine! The wind was light enough at 8 to 13 MPH and I ran some hard hills for just under 1500' worth of vertical stuff.

I shifted down a gear from my normal climbing ratios here and there to save the legs and recover a bit, but they cranked out the power without even being asked so it was throttle up and go for the summits. It was a great workout and a fun ride!

I also read on FB that one of my old team mate's son did the One Day One Way crossing of Indiana yesterday in 7 Hours and 21 Minutes for 160 miles. He spent 77 miles out front on a solo breakaway before being caught at the 132-mile mark by the lead group. Awesome effort! His dad also finished it in 9 Hours 40 Minutes! Kudos to my old team mate!

Jan
Jan was at the Tour...watching from the sidelines like everyone else. He's still persona non gratis. It's ********...just like Lance's life-in-prison-no-parole sentence.

Lance was riding some tourista Tour on the same route. Also not wanted around after both Jan and Lance made billions for the organizers.

Jan made no billions. He has millions and all ******** aside ,he and Lance were great talent. I miss those days and the rivalry. I would proudly ride along side either one. I would need a motorized bike.
Ok, today was brutal. I sucked , I am old, it is hot as hell and I make no apologies. I am still out there and made it back in time to see the TDF finish. The Garmin said I averages 14.5 but it lost signal too many times to notices anymore. On a good note I sat on my boat, drank beer, told jokes and had a good time with friends.