Did You Ride Today?

Jan and Lance made money FOR the organizers. And the sponsors. And their teams. Lance was smart enough to write himself into the millionaire's club. At least until Travis T. Tygart (the 'T' stands for Treasury!) dipped into
Lance's stash.

Jan wasn't as smart or lucky or motivated...whatever. He did alright, but did not accrue the bank account numbers Lance hauled away.

I always wondered if you lost your Garmin signal in those mountains. It happens here, but it is a very rare occurrence. I dropped 75' the other day and got a data drop that rectified itself half way up the 100' climb out of the well tree shaded hole. Lost signal a few times when the cloud cover was very heavy.

I lose signal at lot in the valleys. It is very in consisted. Jan had about 10 million they last I knew. He has moved to Malorca now. I think to do training camps. I believe that is where Thomas is meeting him but I am not sure but I can find out.

$10 million? I could live in Mallorca for a lot of years. A cyclist's paradise!

Just time for 17 miles this afternoon. 82 degrees and sunshine with the wind a low 5 to 6 MPH.

Just shook the dust off the legs and climbed 700'. Only one short burst of speed drafting a truck.

5th ride straight since Friday, took some days off to get my legs going again. Today I was feeling it.

19.5 miles/800 ft/16.5 mph.

$10 million? I could live in Mallorca for a lot of years. A cyclist's paradise!

Exactly. That is why he moved there and making money. Jan is dumb like a fox. He enjoys life and I can relate. Cycle, eat, drink good wine, sleep and repeat.
Btw, tomorrow and the next day I will be watching the TDF for damn sure . Good climbing stages.
I have an open invitation to Malorca to visit but I am not worthy.

I AM worthy! Send me a ticket and I will tow you up the climbs!!!

85 degrees, a little humid and sunny! Wind? What wind? 3 to 4 MPH max. Perfect! Let's ride!

Just 33 miles, but the legs turned on and the Watts they manage to output flowed easily. I was pushing on the pedals so hard on a climb that I pulled a muscle in my foot. Haven't done that in a while!

Decent speed, good stamina and around 1350' of climbing.

Saw the aftermath of a nasty accident. Flashing lights...a brine tanker straight truck smashed into the side of a garbage truck. From the looks of things the garbage scow ran the 2-way stop sign or had pulled out from the stop sign without seeing the brine rig.

The brine truck split open the garbage truck's compactor compartment and trash flew everywhere. Worse, the brine truck went off the corner or the country intersection into a guy's yard and there was a zero turn mower sitting right next to where the brine rig came to a stop after jumping the ditch. Hope the truck missed the mower.

Another mower was between the garbage truck, which never left the road, and the brine tanker.

Didn't look good, but the guys directing traffic while the Ohio State Highway Patrol officer wrote up the mess didn't seem too somber. Hopefully everyone walked away from it.

87 degrees and sunny today! The wind was mild at 7 to 10 MPH. I climbed just a little bit at 775' over a rolling course of 21 miles.

It was a fun ride and I kept the pace real with lots of recovery time in easy gears.

85 degrees, a bit humid and sunny. Rain is moving in fast so it was hit the gas hard and go go go. Put it in a big gear and push on those pedals!

Only 17 miles and the sun was still shining as I pulled back up to the truck to load up for home. Dark clouds were in some areas of the sky, but I think I could have squeezed out another 5 miles or so without getting wet. The drenching I got last week would have felt good this afternoon!

Everyone is sweating just standing still.

Only 500' of climbing on a lightly rolling course with a few little hills to get over. The 12 to 14 MPH wind with higher gusts was the only thing noticeable that increased the effort though. Another fun ride with a lot of workout value packed into a short time span.

Probably snow there tomorrow Bob. 95 in the shade and arounnd 110 on the blacktop. It is getting dangerous to ride in the evening with all these steeps to overcome. Going to be warmer tomorrow.

It never rained yesterday! I could have put in another 15 miles. ****. Typical Ohio weather...I make hay with a forecast of five straight sunny days with a zero percent chance of rain...it rains hard for two of those days and the hay gets ruined. Radar and forecasters say definite rain by 6 PM...the sun comes out!

It's probably going to 90 degrees or close to it again today. The sun is out and the humidity is climbing. I'll bug out early and try and get at least 2 hours on the bike. They're saying rain on and off all day Saturday (figures!) and morning rain on Sunday.

It's been a fairly wet and cool Summer so far. This week was the first week of 'hot' weather and the string of wet weekends has been keeping the long mile rides down.

91 degrees, a little humid and very sunny. The heat felt great and the humidity did not bother me. The wind was light at 6 MPH.

24 miles of rolling to steep stuff with 1225' of climbing. I hit it a little on the hard side knowing it's likely to rain all day tomorrow. The legs were flat to start with, but they came around nicely after three or four miles of spinning. Traffic was about non-existent. Another fun workout!

83 degrees after rain all morning into the early afternoon. The humidity was up, but the sky partially cleared and after the roads were almost dry I saddled up.

Only 12 easy, flat miles with the wind going 10 to 13 MPH and picking up as the sky darkened again. Radar and the forecast both said more heavy afternoon rain and they were correct.

No sooner had I loaded the bike into the truck the dark blue clouds started putting it down. I jumped in the driver's seat as it turned into a gully washer downpour. I changed shoes and peeled off the sweat soaked gloves and started for home.

I ran into the garage while it was still pounding it down. After being home for 15 minutes the rain stopped and there's some nice blue sky approaching! I guess it's safe to run out and drag the bike and gear inside now.

I very seldom take my bike to ride out from a different location. I either ride out of work or my house, but today I put the Zipp single speed into the Zed. My destination was the longer rail trail about an hours drive away. I knew being a Saturday late morning it would have quite a few people on it. It's about 12 miles on way so I do an out and back plus a spin to make it 25 miles.

37 miles of humid, soaked helmet pads, soaked jersey, soaked gloves riding.

The humidity was up and the temperature was a bearable 83 degrees. But, every time I slowed on a steep climb the damned flies and gnats swarmed me like I hadn't had a shower in a month. I'm surprised the buzzards weren't circling...

Only 1500' of climbing, but every foot of that was a sauna bath. I really wasn't pushing all that hard. We had morning fog from the over night rain showers and the vehicles in the driveway were still wet at 11 AM. Yeah, a little humid. But, the roads dried and despite a forecast calling for more rain this afternoon I figured I could be safe enough from getting drenched for a two-hour ride.

Although really overcast for most of the morning, the sun came out for about 1/2-hour in the middle of the ride. The temp might have spiked at 85-86 degrees for a short time and then the dark gray clouds came right back! Damn!

It's looking like it could rain again this afternoon and there is scattered rain to the West of here showing on the radar so...probably more wet stuff headed here later this afternoon. Possible severe thunderstorms late tonight. We really don't need more rain!

My destination was the longer rail trail about an hours drive away.

Weird...you just reminded me that I have not done a single Rails-To-Trails ride yet this season.

The closest one is about 45 minutes away and 13 miles in length. After jumping on public roads for about 5 or 6 miles I can connect to another trail that's about 10 miles long.

Another trail is an hour drive from the farm and 11 miles in length. Another is 1-1/2 hour drive and 30 miles in length. That one has a lot of urban miles and more than a couple miles of neighborhood city streets.

My favorite trail is almost a 2-hour drive away. It runs for 44 miles and is just beautiful.

Today was a very pleasant 84 degree with a 6-8 wind. So after service I went out a did 45 miles with a tad over 12 miles of climbing. I was very pleased how the legs felt after a hard 25 with the single speed the day before. During the ride I was thinking how much I still enjoy playing on the hills. I'm not a light or fast as I used to be, but some days it just clicks and you feel a tad younger and faster again.

86 F when we started at 9:30 am. Only 14 miles at 16.6 mph. It was 99 Friday when I got home so I said, to hell with this shite. I am dedicated but not stupid. I did the trainer on Sarurday. It is predicted to be in the low 90s this week and maybe 88 by the weekend. Maybe I need to pull out my jacket and shoe covers.