Did You Ride Today?

Yes I been riding on schedule. Just nothing of interest to post. My A1c is in the normal range which confounds the Doc's theory that my glucose would be all to hell by now. Mutants adapt.

56 degrees, cool with a light drizzle this morning as I set sail under a very heavily overcast sky. I headed away from the incoming rain and after five or six miles it stopped completely.

The temperature came up slowly and the dark gray sky slowly got less cloudy. The wind was kind on of a pain at 12 to 14 MPH with gusts of 18 to 21 MPH. And it did blow in gusts for the entire ride.

54 miles with just under 1800' of climbing. A great workout and a fun ride.

71 degrees and pretty cloudy all day with just a few minutes of sunshine breaking through every now and again. The wind was 9 to 14 MPH and the sky up North looked like it was raining about 3 to 5 miles ahead of me.

I adjusted my heading twice to avoid dark rain clouds and climbed right at 1300' worth.

Just a steady tempo with a few intervals thrown in. Hit one 16% hill and one at 18%.

Very tolerable weather here now. Good ride except for one asshole. I will be posting a photo of his redneck truck and license plate on the local "crime exposed" page.

Rough crowd, eh JH? Facebook is full of morons and losers. The gal talking about seizure meds and her idiot husband racing with the flashers on? I could set her straight on some facts, but I'm sure it would be as senseless as trying to reason with Alf on this forum. A lost cause.

71 degrees and way overcast, again. The drizzle hung in the air. I would hit a drop every now and then, but it never really rained while I was riding. It rained a light drizzle for most of the morning and again about 8 PM. Like I have said before, this has been a cool, wet Summer as Ohio Summers go.

Just 17 miles this afternoon. The wind was a light 7 MPH and only something like 475' of climbing of a lightly rolling out & back course. I felt lucky to get this ride in without hitting rain. The sky looked nasty from start to finish.

Yes the ignorance was strong with this one but she actually backed down and wished me well in the end but continued to argue with some others. All you have to do is read a few comments from any social media venue to say "WTF" is wrong with people?

Reactions: rm57
I would like to see the look on their faces as they get buzzed by a 3-ton vehicle going at 50 MPH by with 2' clearance.

I would also like to have a video collection of all the dangerous passes I've witnessed.

Yesterday afternoon a vehicle passed me with plenty of clearance. They were almost entirely in the oncoming lane...just before cresting a blind hill they could not have possibly seen over! Had someone been flying over the top coming the opposite direction...

That wasn't my situation. 99 percent go into the other lane and this guy had time before and a mile after to get back over. Half of the people these days are bat s**t crazy and have no clue.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
76 degrees and sunny with the wind going 5 to 10 MPH.

Just a short 24 mile ride trying to avoid the fresh chip & seal roads. 820' of climbing on a beautiful afternoon.

Post for Wednesday, 08/09/2017: 78 degrees and sunny with the wind a mils 5 to 9 MPH and fading as the ride progressed.

31 mile out & back course of mostly easy rolling terrain. Right around 1100' of climbing. I started out feeling flat and could only muster moderate horsepower numbers. Everything was just middle numbers and the only thing that was working well was climbing the small hills and keeping low during the flat stretches of open ground into a very light headwind.

Lots of farm scenery and hardly any traffic made it a good ride.

74 degrees with a little rain just before I headed out to ride. The roads were drying in the 9 to 10 MPH steady breeze and the sun came out as I threw a leg over for the short 18-mile course I rode.

Only 475' of climbing on this easy route and I used the short workout time to increase the intensity again.

Another fun ride with almost no traffic on the back roads.

It rained this morning so I had a sweaty sticky ride and had to take it a little bit slower due to a lot of water still on the road, still a good ride. Raining again at the moment. Getting ready to go to a froo, froo event. Tuxedo and all but we go every year.

20.4 miles on the tandem, 764 ft of gain. Road local roads because the freakin' trail is getting so freakin' messed up with all the homeless garbage and strong smell of ****! :mad:

Pretty bad when Gina says she would rather climb hills on the tandem than ride the flat trail! :eek:

So we rode the tandem and tested a local route to see how we would feel. High of 96, average of 86 and low of 78. Pretty good variance in temperature. Of course I'm pretty sure we hit the 06 when we were on the toughest little climb! :D

Either way at the end, we both felt pretty good! Gina says she was surprised and now knows we can do more, like the course I mentioned before when she said it may be too much.:p Now she knows it's not as bad as she was expecting with the hills and heat.

She did offer to ride her single so that she wouldn't punish me on the hills but I chose the tandem. In the last 12 years, she has made a couple mistakes that really made me think, one is too many! So I'd rather suffer a little bit climbing on the tandem than having her make another mistake. She does have really good handling skills but like I said, once is too many and she did it twice so I'd rather have her on the tandem while riding in traffic. :cool:

Not a bad profile but I tell ya, when she hasn't been on the bike much, it feels like twice as much! :p

0profile.JPG

But I can still take pics on the little climbs. We did pass a guy on the steepest climb. He shouted, "CHEATERS!". :D

081217A.jpg

The motor!:p

081217C.jpg

Ya know, the traffic wasn't that bad, drivers courteous and many more cyclists than I thought.

081217E.jpg

We started just after 9:30 and were home and done at 11:30. Gina was happy since we don't get home from the trail till about 3-4 pm most times. I think we'll end up liking riding around home more than the **** smelling trail pretty soon!

081217G.jpg

75 degrees and sunny today after rain yesterday afternoon and evening. The morning fog lifted about 9:30 AM and roads were mostly dry by 11 AM. I set off just after 11 AM and rolled 76 miles worth of fun!

Just over 3,100' of climbing on a mostly gently rolling course with only a few genuine tough climbs on it.

The leg going North was mostly a cross wind at 7 to 10 MPH with a bit of headwind angle to it here and there. I pushed through the light headwind gusts and and arrive at the turn around feeling pretty fresh. The South bound leg was also mostly a cross wind with a hint of tailwind in it and it turned into more of a tail wind. Not only did the wind turn in my favor, but it picked up to 10 to 16 MPH. Nice, for a change!

I picked up the RPM's a bit and averaged 80 RPM's and 150 BPM heart rate with a maximum of 184 BPM on the last hill. That climb comes with only 3 miles to go and it is the toughest climb on the course. My HR was through the roof as I topped it in the 39 x 25 and pushing it for all I was worth.

It was a beautiful day to ride and get out for a long effort.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Exactly. That is why he moved there and making money. Jan is dumb like a fox. He enjoys life and I can relate. Cycle, eat, drink good wine, sleep and repeat.
Btw, tomorrow and the next day I will be watching the TDF for damn sure . Good climbing stages.
I have an open invitation to Malorca to visit but I am not worthy.

Yeah, he's running training camps in Mallorca these days : Mallorca is an island off the coast of Spain. Relative to Switzerland it is a very cheap place to live.

32 miles of fun over rolling terrain in bright Summer sunshine. The temperature hit 80 degrees and after mowing 3 acres I hit the bricks.

After yesterday's workout I wondered how the legs would go, but they responded to all throttle inputs well. Just under 1200' of vertical and the wind was low at 3 to 8 MPH. I spotted another roadie crossing my course about 1/2-mile ahead and turned to chase him down. Fail! I kept him at the same gap for two miles as we both worked over a few rollers. I came over a small hill to a 4-way stop and couldn't see him. Kudos to him! I was busting a gut trying to close him down and the dude was holding his own easily.

40 miles with Gina today. Started with Jose today then ran into another friend who joined us on the final 12, and a couple that tagged as we rolled by. I think they felt the had to race us on our last 1/4 mile after sucking wheel for 7 miles, I don't get it!

Anyway, Gina did really well today! I was worried after some hills on the tandem yesterday that today would be tough. I felt my legs a bit on the first 7 or so. Gina said she felt sore but did really well, actually better than last time we rode the trail, better average. She looked good so after a bit, I started to worry more about myself! :D

DSCN5105.JPG

Look ma, no hands!

DSCN5108.JPG
DSCN5123.JPG