Did You Ride Today?

Like Bob I been on the trainer a lot. Last year on Christmas I did my first road ride after my injury, it was 75 degrees. Today is a bit different and I just got off the trainer. The temperature is in the 20s. Windchill in the teens. Merry Christmas cyclingforum members. Hope you have a great holiday.

Yahoo ! Work is finally back to normal and I will now have time to get on the bike again. I finished off 34 straight days of work averaging 83 hours a week, so to tired to do anything eat go to bed and repeat. I'll be stopping at the bike shop this week t pick up a new bike that will allow me ride out in the woods during winter. Merry Christmas everyone, oh ya I did say 2018, that was the cold talking.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lGNzCQvFUk

19 degrees this morning with the snow coming sideways out of the West with the wind driving it at a steady 20 to 25 MPH! The gusts went to 38 MPH. Insane wind chill factor!

I hit Zwift's Watopia Road To Ruins Loop again as it was the default ride today. There were 1950 riders in the game on Christmas Morning and the 'Ride On!'s came fast and furious as folks were in a giving mood.

I soft pedaled most of the 21 miles trying to keep the cadence and heart rate somewhat relaxed. I didn't mix it up with anyone for a change and the course was only sparsely populated with other riders.

My legs are trash.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Entry for Tuesday, 12/26/2017:

11 degrees this morning. 14 degrees now at 8 PM. The wind was around 13 to 15 MPH all day. No additional snow, but it is brutally cold. Like Zipp said, the rest of this week and into Tuesday of next week is supposed to be extremely cold with more snow moving in Thursday evening.

I hit Zwift up for 22 miles worth. Three laps of Watopia, the Flat Loop. My legs are still toast. Recovered enough to jump on the back of a a pack (Sub 2?) workout bunch and sat with them until their course and mine parted ways at an intersection. And Sub 2 my ass. On anything 1% or steeper they were doing 2.5-3.5 W/Kg. No biggee. I could hold that, on a track bike, even with my dead legs today. Hooked up with a guy for most of a 7-1/2 mile lap and he drug my ass around like a rag doll. Kind of fun, actually!

Used Zwift Mobile Link, but didn't see 'U' out in the game. We must be on different schedules. 2500 riders in the game when I was riding. Lots of fast guys were on Watopia today. I tried jumping for a few, but the Watts were just not there.

Stay warm this week, y'all!

Weird! I tried post this last night and I was logged in as JHuskey, cyclingtom and a few other folks before I gave up.

9 degrees this afternoon after getting up to 14 degrees around noon. The wind is still going 9 to 10 MPH after being closer to 15 to 20 all morning.

1 hour 12 minutes on Zwift's Greater London Loop. Again, going at it with some gal that was riding well. She got the KOM on Box Hill ahead of me by 4 seconds, but on steep 14%-15% kick up after the KOM arch I re-passed her, dropped her and put over a minute into her over the top and on the first part of the descent before her name dropped off my Nearby Riders Board.

Hooked up with three other fast guys on thew start of the second lap and we rotated a decent pace line until three or four faster guys came around us. I jumped for them and was hanging on for dear life...as usual! Was glad to see me time was up and I punched out with legs screaming.

This game is a killer.

Been awhile since I was able to log in...what happened?

Entry for Tuesday, 12/26/2017:

11 degrees this morning. 14 degrees now at 8 PM. The wind was around 13 to 15 MPH all day. No additional snow, but it is brutally cold. Like Zipp said, the rest of this week and into Tuesday of next week is supposed to be extremely cold with more snow moving in Thursday evening.

I hit Zwift up for 22 miles worth. Three laps of Watopia, the Flat Loop. My legs are still toast. Recovered enough to jump on the back of a a pack (Sub 2?) workout bunch and sat with them until their course and mine parted ways at an intersection. And Sub 2 my ass. On anything 1% or steeper they were doing 2.5-3.5 W/Kg. No biggee. I could hold that, on a track bike, even with my dead legs today. Hooked up with a guy for most of a 7-1/2 mile lap and he drug my ass around like a rag doll. Kind of fun, actually!

Used Zwift Mobile Link, but didn't see 'U' out in the game. We must be on different schedules. 2500 riders in the game when I was riding. Lots of fast guys were on Watopia today. I tried jumping for a few, but the Watts were just not there.

Stay warm this week, y'all!

Weird! I tried post this last night and I was logged in as JHuskey, cyclingtom and a few other folks before I gave up.

Entry for Wednesday 12/27/2017: 9° F Outside and extremely cold. Overcast with the wind at 9 to 10 MPH. 1 Hour and 12 Minutes in Zwift. Medium to high tempo and a good workout .

Entry for Thursday 12/28/2017: 14° F Outside and again it was extremely cold. At least the sun was out for most of the day. The wind was a light 6 MPH and I did 1 Hour and 09 Minutes on Zwift.

Entry for Friday 12/29/2017: 15° F Outside and overcast with the wind at a low 5 MPH . 1 Hrour and 12 Minutes on the track bike in Zwift.

Entry for Saturday 12/30/2017: 9° F Outside! The wind chill is nasty with a 13 to 18 MPH wind with higher gusts. 3" of new snow this morning and evening. The roads are still trashed. Zwift is is!

Entry for Sunday 12/31/2017: 14° F Outside and still extremely cold. Sunny once again though and the wind is at 12 MPH. Zwift is the only game in town today.

9 degrees this afternoon after a morning low of 2 degrees. The wind is howling at 13 MPH to 15 MPH with gusts just a little higher. The wind chill is still plenty nasty. The sun was out this morning, but snow flurries have been going on and off since maybe 10 AM.

I did 1 Hour and 20 Minutes on Zwift's Richmond, Virginia UCI course. 3,800 riders packed on a 10-mile long course. I was getting passed and passing other riders like crazy! It was fast & furious and very confusing. Staying in one pack that was moving at a steady speed was impossible with lots of intervals and surging and slowing.

The two climbs were freaky fast and I did back to back PR's on both of them and set a PR for the course lap time. Another good virtual ride!

7 degrees and sunny today. The wind chill was -7 most of the day and the wind chill advisory didn't even go into effect until 3 PM and runs until noon tomorrow.

I did 1 Hour 16 Minutes on Zwift doing the Watopia Road To Ruins course and a lap of...one of the other routes on the island. A good, hard effort and had some fun sprinting up hills.

I tried to high-five the Sloth on the Jungle Loop and failed. Unlocked the TREK Emonda hitting Level 12 the other day, but it's all Dura-Ass. Guess I'll keep riding the default Zwift Carbon bike. At least it's full Campy!

Been spending the New Year playing on the Trails with my new bike 29 plus. The idea was to get a bike that could handle the snow a little better so I wasn't indoors as much as past years.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqVSweW_0Dg

Reactions: rm57
I have not been able to log in for almost a week. Some bizarre Security Error that acts like the website does not exist. I've also repeatedly been shown as logged in as CyclingTom and a few other members. WTF?

Doing the Zwift thing every day. It's kicking my ass.

This morning started off with freezing rain and then an inch of snow follwed by a little more freezing rain and then just regular old rain. LOL!

Zwith for an hour an 18 minutes on Watopia. Once again, recovery turned into a series of mini-workouts. We blasted along the Volcano Flat Circuit for 3 laps dueling with whoever presented themselves as a target of opportunity! Fun, but my legs were cooked from a decent 2-hour effort yesterday.

5,000 in the game yesterday, but only about 2,600 this afternoon.

New roads to ride in London tomorrow. Leith Hill and Keith Hill on the Greatest London Loop. I'll give it a go, dead legs or not.

Snow covered roads here today and 10 degrees. It is great day for cycling somewhere but not here.

WTH happened over the last two weeks?

2 degrees this morning after 3" of new snow yesterday and currently 13 degrees this sunny afternoon! Talked to a guy in Arkansas this morning and he said it was -4 degrees there. Yikes. Supposed to be 40's and rain for the weekend. I'm heading to the basement now for an hour or so on Zwift

An island off the coast of Africa is looking pretty good for training right now. My log book says my last road ride was December 21.

Temperature has dropped to 8 degrees as darkness fell.

An hour and a half on Zwift doing Watopia's Road To Ruins Course and then the Watopia Flat Course with a short cruise down Ocean Blvd. 2,300 in the game this afternoon and plenty of fast cats were out getting a workout done.

I have seen 'U' in a few days. He did a long ride on Zwift about 11 days ago and then disappeared. Might be too cold in his area to even bother training. Garage too cold, basement too cold. I'm ready for Spring and February is still a ways off!

It got up to 24 degrees today with bright sunshine! It looked beautiful!

Another 1-1/2 hour session on Zwift this afternoon. Between Zwift's ability to distract me from the pain and boredom and the Kurt Kinetic Rock & Roll's additional comfort factor thanks to the rocking action I've literally been able to double my indoor training time.

I rode the Watopia Mountain 8 Course up to the Radio Tower. That's 2,200 virtual feet of virtual climbing! LOL! There were almost 3,000 riders in the game, but so few riders doing the Radio Tower Climb (at 500+ virtual meters above virtual sea level it's the highest virtual point on Watopia IIRC) I managed to crest it in 12th place. Would have been a top 10 had I not been smoked by to flying racers in the last tenth of a mile before the summit.

On the last 5 miles of run in to the finish I got with two girls that were riding very well. I hung with the one for a mile or so and the other one for another mile before our courses parted directions. Zwift is literally awash with very fit and very fast riders. Young or old, male or female there's a mini-race ready to go every few hundred meters on almost any given course.

35 degrees and sunny today. The snow is melting just a little bit. The roads are awash with running ice water.

I hit the trainer for a 1-1/2 hour session. Zwift's Road To Ruins and then a lap of Watopia. It was a fairly fast ride as there was over 3300 riders in the game and everywhere I was there were plenty of other guys and gals trying to make a good pace.

Numbers only looked so-so, but when I climbed off I felt like I had done a good effort. Finally hit level 15. Now the gap between each level goes out to 200 miles. The last few levels stretch out to over 300 miles between them.

44 degrees and sunny all day. The snow melt has started and the roads are anywhere from partially dry to wet to flooded.

I hit the trainer for 1 hour and 35 minutes doing Zwift's Watopia Road To Ruins Course, a lap of the Watopia Flat Curse and a Lap of the Volcano Flat Course for about 31 virtual miles and 28 actual miles worth of fun.

I did not ride today but I may tomorrow. I had something that interrupted my routine. Stay at it my friends, never quit. Life is short and you don't get a redo so give it hell .

I hope everything is well with your health, JH!

Almost 50 degrees here in Ohio today, but the massive January melt off continues. Rivers of water are running across the roads and I dodged some epic early potholes in the car today.

Another 1-1/2 hour session on Zwift.

Climbing out of the Jungle Loop I was just getting ready to crest the top of the climb when I was passed by one of my old team mates! I gave him a Ride On!, but he continued on and ignored me. I had been riding well together with a Finn for maybe 10 miles and I punched it over the top...I'm sure the Finn wondered why I did that, but I was Hell bent for leather to catch my buddy. We held the last two team reunions at his house and I did my best to bomb down the long descent on the track bike. Out of the saddle and rocking the bike and trainer hard all the way down I was 9 seconds back at the wind turbines and just like that he was out of reach.

The Finn caught back up on the next couple miles of flat and we rode in to the finish area together. I kept it rolling for a fast flat lap of Watopia and ended up with another 31 virtual miles and another 28 miles of Garmin recorded miles. This effort was harder than yesterday's.

I spent some time in the Pack group ride, but they stopped to regroup and pick up the guys they dropped. Once I left the starting area it seemed like I was always 'on cam' and there was someone pushing me or I was pushing them. I had to keep saying to myself, "Just make to the bridge with these guys!", or "Just get over the next little climb and stay on them!". See what I mean about Zwift being sorta like real life rides? Same pain. Same thoughts. Same efforts.